shhizm

game music

8 posts in this topic

Does anybody know where the faction background music files are stored, and if so, are they in a usable format? It's some good ambient music.

Yes its quite upbeat when you establish a new base! At least when you're playing with the Morganites

I don't know anything about the files through

Looking through the fx folder, it seems the music in game is built up from smaller effects (there are pieces of the main background music split into different files.)

The Planetfall civ 4 mod does have complete faction soundtracks (either by just recording them in game, or otherwise putting them together.). (I'll see if I can upload it somewhere on here, as it is stretching the attachment limit when trying that method.)

As Pickly said, the in-game sound effects are generated procedurally based on what occurs in game; SMAC was rather ahead of its time.

Apologies for the necroposting. Apologies for not posting regularly.

I've always been underwhelmed by SMAC's music. It's alright (mostly not annoying), but nothing to write home about, except for Morganites and the Spartans.

What music do you guys listen to while playing the game?

I often listen to the Fallout soundtrack, or Fourth Worlds Vol. I by Brian Eno and Jon Hassell.

Usually just the standard SMAC music. On its own its o.k., but that works fine in game.