bdanv

WePlaySMAC library (your guide to the AC section) - last update October 19, 2010

18 posts in this topic

This is the place where you can find links to all important SMACx resources here at WPC.

It's still very much work in progress and i hope i can count on your help to build this.

All you have to do is post your suggestions at the end of this thread (using the same format) and i will incorporate them. Thanks :)

A

Avatars - The Custom Avatar Project - SMAC(X) avatars

B

Buy - Places to buy SMAX

C

Carbon Patch - Brad Oliver patch

F

Fiction - SMAC fiction

G

Guide - Vel's SMAX Guide version 4.0 (final) - complete guide to SMACx by Velociryx

I

IP Gaming - From installation to tcp/ip games; SMAC(X), Hamachi and you - a guide by DrazharLn

L

Links - Active SMACX Links (external) - by Petek

Linux - Playing custom scenarios in Linux

M

Maps download - Links where you can download SMACx maps

Maps build - How to create really big maps - a guide by Petek

S

Scenarios: a how-to guide - Creating a Scenario - by Googlie (revised)

Screenshots - Taking pics of the game

T

Tech Tree - SMAX tech tree

TCP/IP Gaming - From installation to tcp/ip games; SMAC(X), Hamachi and you - a guide by DrazharLn

Edited by bdanv

oh! i left out many good threads. let's try to give every discussion the proper attention.

i started with the "Help, Bugs & Tips" subforum and i'm not finished yet, so you can take some other.

Edited by bdanv

[Graphics]

don't you think that your blog could do a better job at that?

Do we have a good how-to for custom faction making anywhere? The visuals are kinda covered in [Graphics], but when I was asked the other day, I drew a blank about the text side of it...

Do we have a good how-to for custom faction making anywhere?

This has actually already been addressed in the CMN private forums both here and elsewhere.

D

That's nice. What about the newbs?

In the past everyone has pretty much agreed that items of this nature are for CMN only. However if you feel strongly enough about this, then I'd say take it up with bdanv and see how he feels about it. And since the "How to" for factional editing is my document, then I'll say I have no qualms about publishing it for general consumption if thats how people feel about this sort of thing nowadays.

D

1 person likes this

I think making it available for anyone who cares would be for the best, don't you? That's precisely the kind of information that people come to the forum looking for.

I think making it available for anyone who cares would be for the best' date=' don't you? That's precisely the kind of information that people come to the forum looking for.[/quote']

Actually no, I don't, because the Guide could just as easily be called "Here's how to cheat in AC". However as I said previously, why if people feel differently now, then I have no issue with publishing it.

D

I don't understand what cheats have to do with making custom factions.

Could it be edited to eliminate the cheats, or are we only talking about unbalanced factions? Is using them likely to be a big cheating problem? I'm asking.

Mart, bdanv - I think we both have points, here. Whadday'all think about an edited guide?

I just take the position that WPC is a modding forum and we want to encourage aspiring modders...

Can we sticky this so that it can be found more easily? Thanks!