Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Penry

The Forum Magnus

87 posts in this topic

5002288663_a4ff0cecb5_z.jpg

Welcome to the first We Play Civ 5 Community Game!

Please take a second to introduce yourself, so all the members of the community can get to know you and will know that you are interested in joining in the fun.

Once you've said hello, you might like to check out The Imperial Library, which is our central information store, with links to all important threads in the game.

To find out more what this game is about please see the We Play Civ 5 Community Game Introduction.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! :D

Edited by Penry

Ahhh! Introductions, good times!

Donald23 reporting in :D :tank:

Looking forward to this game!

If this is supposed to be an introduction shouldn't we say more about ourselves. ;)

I'm Rhoth...with two H's not one. Get it straight or I'll be irritated. :D I started playing demogames in 2003 at another site (since dead...well, for all intents and purposes ;)). I lost interest in Civ for a while back in about 2007 or so, but rekindled my interest during this past year with WPC's Civ4 MP demogame (which is now finished...our team won thanks to an aggressive strategy :D).

For all the newbies...if I make fun of you, it's just in jest. I'm a fairly sarcastic kind of guy most of the time. I usually try to soften my sarcasm with smilies though. Usually :beta:, conmcb25 (:spam: ), and recently RobWorham (:rockon: ) and :nugog: are the butts (:buttdance: ) of my jokes.

I am here and have been playing Civ since CIV2.

Edited by Viking

Am I supposed to be here? Who do we kill first?? muhahahahahahahahaha

Unsurprisingly I'm here too!!! :cute:

Civ addict since way back in the 5.25 inch floppy days, and I'm not boasting, just ask FeMme!! ;)

Took time out during Civ3 to get some fresh air and sunlight, but been plugged in again since Civ IV came out.

I'm obsessive about keeping things neat and tidy (well on my computer anyway), so don't be surprised to find me sweeping up around the place!!

Oh yes, gagging for Civ V to come in the mail!!! :eager:

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Okay okay, because Roth is being a pain ;)

I'm donald23, arrived here when the announcement was made for Civ5, started playing PBEM's and MP demo game. And can't seem to get rid of this anymore ;) I've played all Civ's since the first one. With Civ4 also played the expansions. And of course colonization and the remake :) I'm from The Netherlands, but don't do drugs! So you shouldn't either, stay in school!

I am Zoid, I've played Civ since I discovered Civ I on a friends Amiga 500 (yes, it was a long time ago... ;))

Metaliturtle... I started with Civ 1 on SNES, and played every version since. I like to make light of the situation.

Hiya, all you strategy fans! (Sounds a lot better then stir crazy megalomaniacs right? ) Not going to declare where I hail form, but our Unique Unit is the East Indiaman.

I work in the "education business", as a writer/designer both plugged and unplugged. Day by day there seems more to do for me I wonder at how people sometimes actually seem to manage to grow dumber. Its weird, but hey its earning me my bread and butter so I'm not complaining.

I've played Civilization and its clones since Civilization 1 en look forward to trying this new direction. Having a family now and a very time consuming & busy job means my gaming time is precious. Games that manage to make the most of that certainly have my interest! Civ is a great title in that regard, since it allows me to take the current state of affairs and think about them during the day.

Sounds like this community game is a great way to play with that. My first community game, but looking forward to discover or it suits me or that I'll be pushed beyond the border soon for being a barbarian ;)

I'll check in too. Plan to get more involved when things get more involved, if you know what I mean.

--Togas

Hello all

I'm Mav, and I have been playing Civ since the first game and i always loved it! Couldn't wait for Civ 5 to come out.

I hope I have enough time for the community game, as I am a pilot and work irregular hours.

Cheers

Welcome to WPC Maverick2805, and welcome to the Civ V Community Game!

Hope you have time to contribute, even if only a bit here and there. Don't worry though, there's sure to be someone around whatever time you log into the forums!!

GeoModder, shortened to Geo, is my nick.

First Civin' experience was at the old home computer with CivII, perhaps 15 years ago. Parents had to keep begging to stop playing and go to my own place. :D

Hi, I'm jasonjay77. Not to be confused with jasonjay76. He's lame, where I devour little German states for breakfast and Chinese cities for lunch. I've come before you today to join your quest. Together we shall cast the one ring into the fires of Mount Doom and rid the world of darkness!!! Wait....that was another time and another world wasn't it?....it doesn't matter....I am here. I've come..... to help you.:wizard:

Well, my first post here *chuckle*

Sounds like an interesting concept and I would love to participate as a citizen :)

Name is Alarion, or Al. Or Alzy. Whichever you prefer and I am software dev by trade. This is my first Civ game, though I do own Alpha Centauri - and only played that once or twice, yet am a gaming veteran of ~16ish years.

Welcome Alarion!

As you may have already found out, there is a problem with the save between the different versions, so this game is on hold for the time being.

In the meantime you might like to check out our imminent Succession Games to get a taste of things to come!!!

Have fun!! :D

Hello everybody. I've played Civ for a long time although not a great player. I've participated shortly in Civ3 democracy game over at CivFanatics for a short time. This group seems much more laid back and having fun. So looking forward to some debating on game decisions :)

For save compatibility, a CivFanatic member made a tool to convert deluxe to standard although not perfect. Might want to try that out.

Here the link Deluxe save fan patch by Gyathaar

Hope things move along nicely.

I'll throw my hat in the ring. Pretty busy with other stuff, but I can pop in every now and again to post. :D

Anyways for the new folk to the site, welcome. :) I'm Dale, modder of a couple of games including Civ4 and Civ5. Plus I'm one of the three guys who run this place, so if you got any questions don't hesitate to PM me. I'm the only one of the three who'll answer, so best to forget the other two. :p

Nah, they're alright. :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0