Dolgorukov

2 Player Game proposal, competitive

13 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a challenger for a "quick" PBT.

The year is sometime in the 2180s, and all the human factions have established themselves on their new planet.

All victory conditions are on

Blind Research is On

Time Warp: Accelerated Start

Victory: the human player with the highest AC score by the end of 2282 wins.

To my challenger, open up the attached scenario file (05SEP10_MediumRandom2.zip) and feel free to look through all the factions. Make the choice of the faction that you think will be your best bet in winning. Once you have made your choice, I will make my choice and a CMN will launch the scenario as it is and set up the passwords.

We need a CMN, (the game has already been set up, so its just a matter of keeping the passwords and then announcing the winner after 100 years)

After you play your turn, post the save in a turn tracking thread, to be set up by the CMN.

Time Limit: You have 48 hours to post your turn after your opponent has posted his played save. A penalty will be applied by subtracting 2AC points from your final score for posting your save after the 48 hour time limit. For every additional 24 hours in excess of 48 hours an additional 2 AC points will be subtracted from your final score.

Time Out: You can request up to 21 days of "Time Out", during which the Time Limit Timer will be paused and you will not accumulate any penalties associated with Time Limits. The minimum length of a Time Out is 7 days and it becomes effective 48 hours after a notice has been submitted in the Turn Tracking Thread by the Player.

Scenario was set up in SMAX v2.0

Patches

I'm using the unofficial Patch, SMAX v2.0

Remember, to win you only need to beat your human opponent in score (that's me)

Here is the zipped Scenario File: 05SEP10_MediumRandom2.zip

Glad to hear it! The critical part is in deciding which faction to play. You'll have to look through that scenario, and see which faction you think is in the strongest position to win and decide on a strategy for yourself. Take your time. Let us know once you've made your choice.

I mostly take hive, and it seems well placed here, so Il take it.

Alright, I'll take the Spartan Federation

Faction choice summary:

The Hive (t_ras)

The Spartan Federation (Dolgorukov)

now to find a CMN.

We need the CMN to launch the scenario and set passwords.

The CMN shall:

1. set passwords

2. auto-optimize citizen allocation by clicking on the center of the bases for the human players, for some reason the game starts with many of the citizens as doctors.

3. confirm that difficulty is enfoced for human players (Difficulty = Transcend)

4. publish the first save in a Turn Tracking Thread. Game Name: "Tyrants and Titans"

once a CMN is found, t_ras and I will send him our passwords, so that he can set up the game.

We need the CMN to launch the scenario and set passwords.

The CMN shall:

1. set passwords

2. auto-optimize citizen allocation by clicking on the center of the bases for the human players, for some reason the game starts with many of the citizens as doctors.

3. confirm that difficulty is enfoced for human players (Difficulty = Transcend)

4. publish the first save in a Turn Tracking Thread. Game Name: "Tyrants and Titans"

i will do this.

it's ok. i've got both passwords now.