Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rhoth

Turn 229 - 1595ad

33 posts in this topic

Hmm, just looked around for what could be a better deal. If we trade mil-sci for corporation and the Ethiopians 300 gold then we're one step closer to assembly line (the infantry tech), and we've gotten the gold we'd need. Plus corporation gives us +1 trade routes which is good for an extra 100 commerce per turn.

After steel we would then need only steam power before we could research assembly line.

What's the goal for getting steel? The number of turns before the next battles is like 6 turns right? What can we achieve in 6 turns by buying steel now instead of researching it ourselves? I think we have to look at short terms goals in this. Because this is probably the end-war. When it's over, the game is probably over. So we should be focussing on what's behind the next corner that gives a short term victory. Is infantry necessary/achievable for this war?

The short term goal is to get cannons. Cannons rock against riflemen since they'll do more damage than trebuchets, along with usually living to see another day. We don't necessarily need the cannons until we're ready to attack again, after the two galleon/cav stacks make their runs in the south. So we can live with it being 5 turns to finish steel, and then a turn to upgrade. If we do go for corporation now then the time period should move up a turn or so since we'll have 100 or so extra commerce per turn.

As to infantry, we may not need them ultimately, but we should head for the tech anyway in case we do need it to finish them off.

At the rate we are going, we probably will need infantry to take out the last 1-2 strongholds.

Trade for corp, that extra gold per turn adds up fast.

Done. We got 270 gold out of Zara, and our GNP increased by 70-something (not quite 100, but still useful). Because we're not trading with SC now we aren't getting as much gold since some of our trade routes are going with our own cities.

Nice trade. :b:

I'm tempted to go for the steel trade as well. It's break even or slightly advantageous, so I would propose we do it.

Maybe I misunderstood. Was it steel OR corp for the trade deal? In which case I concur - corp and the gold.

We did the corp and gold trade.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0