Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

Vishniac

MY 2171-2180

60 posts in this topic

I wonder why you are building formers and crawlers with trance. The trance ability doesnt really help unless you armor these units. Even with the Neural Amplifier, the chances of an unarmored trance former surviving a worm attack are not good at all.

Edit: To avoid cofusion, i'd like to stress that i'm not suggesting you equip these civilian units with armor. Instead, I propose to omit the hypnotic trance special ability from the design. It's not worth the higher cost.

Vishniac knows the decisions, I don't remember our conversations regarding crawlers. Back during time when we had 4 companies someone decided to build trans-formers.

Civac, would you advise on more topics in the game?

I know, I know...There is much that I don't know. Your suggestions are welcome.

Trance Supplies are only used to rush secret projects. It could perhaps be more efficient to build 3 simple crawlers have each one giving a few turns of minerals to help the following one but we were lacking terraformed tiles so the trance solution allowed to transfer in one shot 5 turns of base production.

I don't build trance formers anymore, just armored ones if they are destined to go defungate. Seaformers will also be armored for there is more biohazard at sea. It's not that expensive when your base produces 15, 17 or 20 minerals/turn.

Armored formers are better since we have the Neural Amplifier. If an armored formers works in sensor range it will likely defeat an attacking worm. Outside of sensor range it's an even fight. However, in most cases it's probably still more effective to build unarmored fungicidal formers and just replace them if they get killed. Is this game with abundant native life?

Hm, in that case the armored formers might be worth it. I have little experience with abundant life forms, so I cant say for sure. But we should take care to have them covered by a sensors as much as possible.

Another thing, we didn't build any new bases for some time now. Why is this?

I think we do build bases, but this is not very rapid. We have recently few bases per decade. One of the reasons is that this is not a very large map and we pretty much got to the limit of available land area. We do not build sea bases now, maybe later. I noticed University will have fusion power soon...

We built 2 bases during the last ten turns.

It takes time because the terrain is very rocky and very fungy, and as to not loose turns it's better to send a colony pod only when there is a road network and a sensor waiting on arrival tile (with a forest nearby, it's perfect).

I see 4 more possible base positions, perhaps 5 but we need to raise land once in the South-east. After that, it's turtling and going straight for the economic victory. We now need infrastructure more than new bases: even with pop stopped at 4/ base, we are on a par with others on the powergraph. As soon as we get the Ascetic Virtues, we'll be the one to kill...

Honestly, I wouldn't make illusions about seabases: did you see all those sharks in the water? Gonna make our land a fortress, yeah: defensive preparations are going according to plan. I'll tell you more when I'll open the new decadal thread 2181-2190 tomorrow night.

2180-pre-end

- Scout 2 protects formers

- Rover garrisons Morgan Gravitonics

- Bodi-chopper garrisons Morgan Pharmaceuticals

- Mining Laser going South

- Probe Foil East garrisons Morgan Shipbuilding

- Probe Foil West went East

- Falcon

- Research: Mind/Machine Interface (7/10)

- Economy: 279 (+148)

- Energy allocation: 40/20/40

Bases:

- Morgan Shipbuilding: 1-17-13 / Network Node (4; 0 to ten) (4 turns to pop 4)

- Morgan Construction: 3-15-21 / Network Node (5; 1 to ten) (5 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan Industries: 5-17-26 / Tree Farm (5; 0 to ten) (4 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan gravitonics: 2-4-11 / Crawler (5; 1 to ten) (3 to pop 2)

- Morgan Mines: 3-15-20 / Network Node (4; 0 to ten) (11 to pop 5)

- Morgan Metallurgy: 3-13-28 / Placeholder SP (19; 0 to ten) (9 to pop 5)

- Morgan Biochemical: 0-15-35 / Research Hospital (7; 1 to ten) (--- to pop 5)

- Morgan Pharmaceuticals: 1-3-8 / Rec Tanks (8; 0 to ten) (13 to pop 2)

- Morgan Transport: 3-14-24 / Crawler (1; 0 to ten) (2 to pop 5)

- Morgan Solarfex: 4-16-25 / Network Node (4; 0 to ten) (2 to pop 5)

- Morgan Metagenics: 4-4-10 / Tree Farm (26; 2 to ten) (5 to pop 3)

- Morgan Interstellar: 4-15-21 / Network Node (5; 1 to ten) (3 to pop 5)

- Morgan Energy Monopoly: 3-15-19 / Fungi-2-former (1; 0 to ten) (4 to pop 5)

- Morgan Bank: 1-5-13 / Crawler (4; 0 to ten) (16 to pop 3)

Rushes proposed:

- Rec Tanks in Morgan Pharmaceutics for 48EC

- Network Node in Morgan Shipbuilding for 94EC

- Network Node in Morgan Mine for 98 EC

- upgrade one former to fungicidal for 30EC

wpc-smac-dg-2180-pre-end.zip

2180-end

- Research: Mind/Machine Interface (7/10)

- Economy: 279 (+148)

Rushes executed:

- Rec Tanks in Morgan Pharmaceutics for 48EC

- Network Node in Morgan Shipbuilding for 94EC

- Network Node in Morgan Mine for 98 EC

- upgrade one former to fungicidal for 30EC

wpc-smac-dg-2180-end.zip