Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

Vishniac

MY 2171-2180

60 posts in this topic

2171-start

Ok, as I see them, here are our main objectives this decade:

- finish our 2 secret projects: the Neural Amplifier and the Planetary Energy Grid

- have every faction infiltrated (except the believers, too far away)

- have every base protected by a probe. Speeder probes usually since those can also replace quickly a defeated one in another base. (I fear a surprise landing and attack with probe, especially from Gaians)

Otherwise:

- we should have 2 more bases (one in 2171, the other in 2175 I think)

- we will probably stay in 5th position on the powergraph since we control our population and won't enhance our military (except a Falcon and 2 scouts for the bases). That would allow us not to anger other factions too much...while we begin defensive preparations.

If you want something else, state it! :cool:

wpc-smac-dg-2171-start.zip

PK have a crawler in UNHQ, it is 4 turns to complete PTS, but I think it will be ready maybe next turn. Probably they are going to cash it for the SP.

We shall (probably) infiltrate the Gaians tomorrow; we'll know how it goes with Adaptive Economics for them.

If PK finishes the PTS before the Gaians get the tech, it's ok! Otherwise...problem!

We could get more network nodes. With only 2, there is a danger of research data overload. We would loose all accumulated research.

Are random events enabled?

I didn't see one yet.

EDIT: Because if they are, we need ASAP biology labs too to protect our forests from whatsitsname-virus.

Yes, the random events option is OFF, which is (bell curve: no random events). It means they were not disabled.

Biology labs are good, they also enhance some labs benefits, I don't remember details now.

I'm not sure, but I could check later today.

Playing Morganities with native life can be interesting.

Using Native Life Units could be more intuitive than it seems:

- they are not subject to the morale malus of Wealth

- we have the Xenoempathy Dome, making +1 lifecycle

- we can use biology labs and centaury preserve (to reach +30 clean minerals), making it +3 lifecycle

- we'll have the Neural Amplifier, making them perfect defenders, even against chaos penetrators

2171-pre-end

- Scout 2 protects formers

- Scouts 3 garrisons Morgan Shipbuilding

- Scout 4 garrisons Morgan Metagenics

- Rover garrisons Morgan Gravitonics

- Bodi-chopper

- Mining Laser protects former

- Probe Foil East moved towards Gaians

- Probe Foil West returned to Morgan Bank as veteran

- Research: Adaptive Economics (8/13)

- Economy: 116 (+87)

- Energy allocation: 40/20/40

Bases:

- Morgan Shipbuilding: 1-15-13 / Falcon (2; 0 to ten) (13 turns to pop 4)

- Morgan Construction: 1-15-21 / Tree Farm (3; 0 to ten) (17 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan Industries: 5-15-20 / Neural Amplifier (15; 0 to ten) (1 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan gravitonics: 1-3-9 / Rec Tanks (12; 4 to ten) (17 to pop 2)

- Morgan Mines: 2-9-24 / Crawler (1; 0 to ten) (9 to pop 5)

- Morgan Metallurgy: 3-11-25 / Foil Probe (3; 0 to ten) (8 to pop 4)

- Morgan Biochemical: 2-10-27 / Probe Team (2; 0 to ten) (5 to pop 4)

- Morgan Transport: 3-11-25 / Fungicidal Trance Former (1; 0 to ten) (1 to pop 5)

- Morgan Solarfex: 4-13-25 / Neural Amplifier (20; 0 to ten) (7 to pop 5)

- Morgan Metagenics: 1-3-8 / Rec Tanks (10; 2 to ten) (15 to pop 2)

- Morgan Interstellar: 4-12-18 / Probe Team (2; 0 to ten) (1 to pop 4)

- Morgan Energy Monopoly: 2-13-16 / Tree Farm (6; 0 to ten) (3 to pop 4)

- Morgan Bank: 2-3-10 / Children Creche (12; 0 to ten) (5 to pop 2)

Rushes proposed:

- Crawler in Morgan Mines for 13EC

- Tree Farm in Morgan Construction for 66EC

- Former in Morgan Transport for 4EC

Notes:

- Morgan Gravitonics founded.

- Gaians infiltrated!

- the new base made us Number One in territory

wpc-smac-dg-2171-pre-end.zip

I checked prices for:

PK - UN Aid Station - 427 EC

Gaians - Virgin Soil - 2121EC

How about we attempt to purchase Port Yang from Hive? This base is close to our territory.

I checked prices for:

PK - UN Aid Station - 427 EC

Gaians - Virgin Soil - 2121EC

I forgot to tell: Virgin Soil can be mindprobed for a little under 700EC.

How about we attempt to purchase Port Yang from Hive? This base is close to our territory.
I like to believe that this base is sheltering our northern flank from the Believers. But we can think about it.

Personaly, I wouldn't commit to multi-hundred-EC spending until we've finished the Planetary Energy Grid and can get 150EC/turn.

Mindprobing can end in vendetta and we loose trade income. Purchasing keeps good relations.

I definitely don't like the sound of this vendetta instigating espionage proposal. And as a valued shareholder I would like an explanation of the benefits of acquiring the previously mentioned Hive base.

Port Yang is near our coast and controlling this base would increase security of our other assets. We could estimate ROI (return on investment) of this base after we get infiltration data, hopefully soon. For now, we can do something based on data from last year we were pacted.

I didn't advised to mind-probe but I checked this information everytime we infiltrate a faction. In case of future vendetta.

2171-end

- Research: Adaptive Economics (8/13)

- Economy: 33 (+87)

Rushes executed:

- Crawler in Morgan Mines for 13EC

- Tree Farm in Morgan Construction for 66EC

- Former in Morgan Transport for 4EC

2172-start

- University has pronounced vendetta against the Spartans

wpc-smac-dg-2172-start.zip

wpc-smac-dg-2171-end.zip

I'll support the acquisition of Port Yang. I am concerned with the ability to move naval units into the Sea of Unity. Acquiring Port Yang would ease naval movement and allow us to deploy a navy in that region.

I think we should prioritize expansion into Sea of Unity and in general of building a buffer zone of naval bases close to our coast line so that we do not get boxed in in the sea by all the other factions.

attachment.php?attachmentid=7743&d=1282972150

PortYang.JPG

PortYang.JPG

I have checked Port Yang in 2166:

pop 2 and 13 turns to pop 3

1-3-1 defender, building fungicidal foil sea former, ready in 3 turns, so it should be operational by now.

It is possible this base will be more expensive soon, e.g. pop will be 3 due to sea former increasing nutrient output, few more units in and near the base, etc. But I would still want to buy it.

Another thing is that we have little network nodes. We lack good network and that hurts our business, especially our research on new technologies. All infiltrated factions are much better than us.

I would propose to build several more, e.g. 4 to 6 more network nodes, they will in turn speed up getting Planetary Energy Grid and as a result our economy will get +50% of base energy income.

---------------

Lal will get PTS next turn. He cashed a crawler and has at the moment 213/210 accumulated. Deirdre seems to have speed up minerals in Gaia's Landing. It is 11 turns to PTS.

--------------

PEG will give us instantly +50 EC/turn, my estimate based on basic income of economy.

Edited by Mart

I think we should prioritize expansion into Sea of Unity and in general of building a buffer zone of naval bases close to our coast line so that we do not get boxed in in the sea by all the other factions.

Yes, I agree we could increase our presence on seas and oceans.

Our naval forces recently are developing already, but we could also plan new sea bases and sea formers.

Captain Morgan Bay recently reported kelp farms to grow. It is food to grow our population and economy.

How about population growth? Do we have any plans at the moment, or we decide to remain in spreading territory rather than growing population for the time being?

perhaps we should stop putting off the construction of Hab Complexes. Maybe we could also increase the number of terraformer units by 50% (from 14 to 21) and spam a lot more Supply crawlers while taking to the seas to claim new territory and reap the wealth of the oceans.

Wow, guys!

A lot of "we should we could" but reality is we can't do everything at the same time, not even half of that: crawlers, (sea) colony pods, (sea) formers, SPs, network nodes, hab complexes, defence infrastructure and units,...

The situation is:

- Research.

we wouldn’t be able to get the Planetary Energy Grid sooner even if we get the tech this turn; it’s now a matter of building crawlers and cashing them. I guarantee you the PEG the turn after we get the tech (6+1).

Also we have reached the ‘peak research’ this turn, that is the moment when time to get a tech stops growing and starts shrinking. I shall resume building network nodes these next years, don’t worry!

- Crawlers

It’s an effort going on. Most cities are now in the range of 15-20 minerals/turn. The limiting factor is now clean minerals (23 now I think) and terraforming speed.

- Hab complexes.

I see them as less a priority because I hope to get Planetary Economics as next tech with the Ascetic Virtues, allowing us to concentrate on other things. However, if you want some sooner, tell me!

- Sea bases

They haven’t my favor. First, we still have places where to put land bases (next one in 2175 I think). Second, sea bases are VERY vulnerable to AI, much more than land ones. Third, too many bases will cripple our efficiency.

Our situation, somewhat isolated, is a strong one defensively; we can concentrate on terraforming, and even raise some land for a few new cities, and making more money to aim for an economic victory.

That said, if you want sea colony pods, again ask! But If we should have sea bases, I’d prefer to buy them.

2172-pre-end

- Scout 2 protects formers

- Scouts 3 garrisons Morgan Shipbuilding

- Scout 4 garrisons Morgan Metagenics

- Rover garrisons Morgan Gravitonics

- Bodi-chopper

- Mining Laser protects former

- Probe Foil East moved towards Hive

- Research: Adaptive Economics (6/12)

- Economy: 133 (+90)

- Energy allocation: 40/20/40

Bases:

- Morgan Shipbuilding: 1-15-13 / Falcon (1; 0 to ten) (12 turns to pop 4)

- Morgan Construction: 3-15-21 / Trance Supply (5; 0 to ten) (6 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan Industries: 5-17-27 / Neural Amplifier (12; 0 to ten) (8 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan gravitonics: 1-3-9 / Rec Tanks (11; 3 to ten) (16 to pop 2)

- Morgan Mines: 3-15-21 / Probe Team (2; 1 to ten) (6 to pop 5)

- Morgan Metallurgy: 3-11-25 / Foil Probe (3; 0 to ten) (8 to pop 4)

- Morgan Biochemical: 2-12-31 / Probe Team (1; 0 to ten) (7 to pop 4)

- Morgan Transport: 3-10-25 / Crawler (2; 0 to ten) (5 to pop 5)

- Morgan Solarfex: 4-13-25 / Neural Amplifier (19; 0 to ten) (6 to pop 5)

- Morgan Metagenics: 1-3-8 / Rec Tanks (9; 1 to ten) (14 to pop 2)

- Morgan Interstellar: 4-13-20 / Probe Team (1; 0 to ten) (11 to pop 5)

- Morgan Energy Monopoly: 2-13-16 / Tree Farm (5; 0 to ten) (2 to pop 4)

- Morgan Bank: 2-3-10 / Children Creche (11; 0 to ten) (4 to pop 2)

Rushes proposed:

- Probe Team in Morgan Mines for 18EC

- Tree Farm in Morgan Energy Monopoly for 106EC

wpc-smac-dg-2172-pre-end.zip

We are brainstorming. :) Usually this gives good solutions.

We are doing pretty good.

It seems.

Ok, for the moment, the effort is mainly on crawlers/SPs/Probe Teams.

It should be crawlers/Formers/Network Nodes in a few turns.

I hesitate to build seaformers, it seems land ones are still more useful (and less expensive). In exemple, I think turning those center tiles unused by any city into an 'energy park' for Morgan industries (no inefficiency), its crawlers would give a good boost in energy and research.

2172-end

- Economy: 9 (+90)

Rushes executed:

- Probe Team in Morgan Mines for 18EC

- Tree Farm in Morgan Energy Monopoly for 106EC

2173-start

- The Peacekeepers have built the Planetary Transit System (won't do them much good: not much land to expand and no seacolony pod in build queues)

-The Peacekeepers have started the Maritime Control Center

- The Gaians have no SP in the making anymore, they switched from PTS to defence perimeter.

- kelp expands near Morgan Metallurgy

- Deirdre is now Number One in techs (but still doesn't have Adaptive Economics)

- we have a Falcon, what are your orders for it?

wpc-smac-dg-2172-end.zip

wpc-smac-dg-2173-start.zip

PK already make a Probe Cruiser and a crawler, almost certainly to cash it for the SP. We might use MCC... what are our chances?

Also noticed, PK have already one crawler somewhere in field, I guess it is going to UNHQ.

Falcon could patrol seas near our cost, towards Believers. We know little about Miriam, she might be busy in some other vendetta or there could be a transport with troops already sailing to our coast.

-------

I think I know why Gaians are leading in tech - Superstring Theory and Chaos Gun.

To me it looks like Deirdre got it from Yang, cause they are pacted. No one has chaos (8) units yet, that we know off, maybe Hive has that already, but not Gaians.

Hive is probably the largest potential threat to us.

Edited by Mart

PK already make a Probe Cruiser and a crawler, almost certainly to cash it for the SP. We might use MCC... what are our chances?
Almost inexistant I'd say.

We could get it if it were a do-or-die situation, like getting the Hunter-Seeker-Algorithm, but here it's really difficult.

Supposing we choose Doctrine Initiative as next tech, we currently get it in 6+12=18 turns. Peacekeepers will finish the MCC in 20 turns but they have demonstrated a skill in cashing crawlers. With new network nodes and other city improvements, we can get the tech in 16? 15? turns. We can also go back to Knowledge and earn 1-2 additional turns. Then it takes 1 turn to rush the SP. Very difficult.

Going Ascetic Virtues and forests and focus on our current strenghts is a best bet in my opinion, especially if we grab MCC and Lal changes to get Ascetic Virtues. :scared:

I think I know why Gaians are leading in tech - Superstring Theory and Chaos Gun.

To me it looks like Deirdre got it from Yang, cause they are pacted. No one has chaos (8) units yet, that we know off, maybe Hive has that already, but not Gaians.

Hive is probably the largest potential threat to us.

If you think we must change societal options (democracy, free market) to get better with them, do it! Everything is better than a vendetta right now. That's why it's good to stay in fifth position; it's gonna be dangerous when we'll grow in tech and population but we'll try to have defensive preparations by then.

Concerning Yang, I think he won't attack by surprise but will start by trying to get money by blackmail. That would win us some time.