Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rhoth

Turn 227 - 1585ad

29 posts in this topic

How do you plan on defending it after we capture it?

Using Chasqui's defense force. Essentially just moving the front up one city.

And yes - as con said - if it speeds things up, then its a go. heck, I was the one who wanted to keep Mukata. :D

And no probs on the cavalry units. they will no doubt take some units with them, and they pulled the defenders out of Hapina. We said losing one city would be tough for SC. Losing two is a game breaker. Although unless they can pull a rabbit out of their hat (no reference to the last game :D ), I believe last turn's Battle of Mukata was the game breaker.

And with military science next turn - we can start on grenadiers, which will chew up all those rifles SC is busy upgrading, at the expense of their research which means they will not have military science for a bit.

OODA!

I'd also like to capture and use Mukata (assuming they leave it abandoned) since we can just move Chasqui's defense force down there. Since Te Aroha will be well defended now I'd like to bring the cavalry stack back to heal up (assuming they are still alive).

If anyone has more thoughts please add them in.

Just rechecked the pics of the map and really like the idea to capture Hapina. It will provide us a front on their lands with a good heal possibility for us. Put a sentry something east of it and they can't pass it unnoticed (do they still have open borders with French? Maybe ask the French to stop that...)

Too bad about the deserted Hapina, but I guess that it will not be a very big deal. We take it next turn.

I think it might be wise to do the amphibious thing quicker, so go with one galleon. Either it diverts more cash that way that our main force doesn't meet or they take one or two cities without much cost. Both is good :D

Yep, I meant capture Hapina. It was definitely late, though not using the spies first meant that the city gets captured instead of razed. :D

Grenadiers will be started soon.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0