Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rhoth

Turn 226 - 1580ad

43 posts in this topic

You are correct they cannot engage us on their turn, nor can they reinforce Mukata.

There are two trebs in the build queue now. Plus we have two others cooling their heels in Chasqui until they can join the main force. I'm going to have Jotunheim switch over to build them soon too. We'll have plenty of cavs and rifles to deal with SC now that we've destroyed their main force.

Cav are more inportant than siege units at this point. A cav can kill a longbow forted in a city, with full defensive bonus, 80% of the time. If the city isn't on a hill, has low culture, etc... the % just goes more in favor of the cav. Only if they upgrade to rifles is there an issue, and even then a cav can often attack, retreat, and let his buddy cav go in and take the city. It ain't perfect, but it works out well. Siege units are what we really need for their strongholds, that have 10+ units and good defenses, and they only have 2 of them left, and one isn't a really good one either. We have time to build siege units, and hopefully, we will have a chance to upgrade them to cannon soonish.

Cav are more inportant than siege units at this point. A cav can kill a longbow forted in a city, with full defensive bonus, 80% of the time. If the city isn't on a hill, has low culture, etc... the % just goes more in favor of the cav. Only if they upgrade to rifles is there an issue, and even then a cav can often attack, retreat, and let his buddy cav go in and take the city. It ain't perfect, but it works out well. Siege units are what we really need for their strongholds, that have 10+ units and good defenses, and they only have 2 of them left, and one isn't a really good one either. We have time to build siege units, and hopefully, we will have a chance to upgrade them to cannon soonish.

I don't know about soonish. No one who has it cares to trade steel, except for the Ethiopians who wanted more than we had (and now much more than we had since we traded rifling to get them into the war). I'll research steel next, but it will take a little while.

Skip researching it, get grenadeers instead and trade for it later on down the line. We don't NEED it for another 10 turns or so, and can always upgrade trebs as needed when we get there.

Note, one thing we will need to do in the near future, is pop out a few settlers to take on the new lands before the french or NA claim them with their settlers. Just soemthing to keep in mind, not do yet.

Also, moving the ship into land sight of them, even if empty, can make them react to us. They cannot know how many units (if any) are on it.

As for grenadiers, that is what I'm researching right now (2 turns to finish). After that was when I was going to go after steel. I'm not sure if we'll be able to trade for it anymore. All the AIs except for the Ethiopians believe we're "too advanced" despite the fact that some of them have more techs than we do (such as the Dutch).

Note, one thing we will need to do in the near future, is pop out a few settlers to take on the new lands before the french or NA claim them with their settlers. Just soemthing to keep in mind, not do yet.

Not a priority yet, but I'll work on it sooner or later.

Also, moving the ship into land sight of them, even if empty, can make them react to us. They cannot know how many units (if any) are on it.

I know. :devil:

Excellent :b: This is kind of a fond farewell to "big stack" combat before CIV, too ;)

I wouldn't know. I've avoided most of the talk about Civ 5 for now. I'm just trying to finish up this game before Civ 5 comes out. ;)

Am I counting correctly the Hapina Force cannot engage the next turn?

And well done.

Thank the RNG gods; Beta isn't the turn player. :cool:

:winkiss: :tongue:

Do we have more trebs (or other siege units) moving into the war zone soonish?

If you showed up more and actually read stuff (which for engineers I realize is difficult) you would know. ;)

:winkiss: :tongue:

If you showed up more and actually read stuff (which for engineers I realize is difficult) you would know. ;)

Ya Ya I know. Its a bad time right now. In two weeks, I start work in St Louis. My family is not moving. Its 244 miles from home so Ill be a batchelor during the week, and back home on weekends. So I am in the process of trying to get a small amount of stuff moved. Trying to wrap up some projects around the house, trying to find a place to live that's cheap, etc et al.

Rhoth is doing just fine, I read over the stuff in the threads and try to ask the right questions.

Whys that GK? This game will be over after we eliminate SC. I seriously doubt with CIV V coming out in around a month that anyone is going to be interested in this morphing into some sort of SPDG if that is what you are thinking.

If the French take the land who cares? We have a open border agreement with them.

Ya Ya I know. Its a bad time right now. In two weeks, I start work in St Louis. My family is not moving. Its 244 miles from home so Ill be a batchelor during the week, and back home on weekends. So I am in the process of trying to get a small amount of stuff moved. Trying to wrap up some projects around the house, trying to find a place to live that's cheap, etc et al.

Rhoth is doing just fine, I read over the stuff in the threads and try to ask the right questions.

Ok. Sorry about picking on you, little bro. :love:

Doesn't sound like the ideal 'life' arrangement, but I supposed it could be worse. Good luck with the move.

Whys that GK? This game will be over after we eliminate SC. I seriously doubt with CIV V coming out in around a month that anyone is going to be interested in this morphing into some sort of SPDG if that is what you are thinking.

I agree. Everyone is keen on the new civ5 spdg, so yes, once SC is gone, game over.

Ok. Sorry about picking on you, little bro. :love:

Doesn't sound like the ideal 'life' arrangement, but I supposed it could be worse. Good luck with the move.

Nah it aint picking, I feel kind of bad about not being more involved but I just got other things on the brain right now.

I actually think it may be worth wild to post the save at the point SC's last city dies, and make it available to anybody who wants to download and play it single player. Nothing special, but we might as well do it anyways just to see where it leads to. Not everybody will buy Civ5 when it comes out. Course, I am not sure how this game will go SP, as we still have M&M around, don't we....

M&M?

Ya that's fine, I would actually like it if it morphed into an SPDG, but in all reality it won't. None of the Swine (except for one I think) joined another team, and all the Vikings apparently are taking a break, and I don't see anyone coming out of the woodwork with CIV V looming its head around the corner.

I just want us to make decisions to eliminate the last Human Civ and declare victory.

None of the Swine joined another team, and only one of the Vikings (Viking himself) joined SC. I imagine a few of the people might think about taking it as an SP game, but I kind of doubt it. We'd be the ones most likely since we're the ones most familiar with our own nation.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0