Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

DeviousDevil

Has the question of whether AI build boreholes been answered

4 posts in this topic

Hi there, long time player, new poster etc.

Has the question - does the AI build boreholes - been answered?

How the hell SMAX didn't sort that out I don't know.

Is there any way of editing the txt file to trick the AI into building the more interesting and powerful terraforming projects. They will raise/lower land...why not borehole?

I believe they will build boreholes. I'm sure Darsnan and/or Mart can tell you more.

Has the question - does the AI build boreholes - been answered?

I have never seen the AI build a borehole. I have seen where a borehole appears in an AI territory - probably a glitch in the game rather than the AI actually building the borehole (I've seen this phenomenon maybe five times in the ten years I played the game).

Is there any way of editing the txt file to trick the AI into building the more interesting and powerful terraforming projects. They will raise/lower land...why not borehole?

I haven't found a way. The AIs won't build boreholes even if you change the values on the line, and you can't mimic a borehole via changing the mineral and energy values for the mine as these are hardcoded.

D

I have seen it in one of the tests game for UMod. I don't remember details at the moment, but it was somewhere around version 0.1 to 0.2. Boreholes are much cheaper in Umod, the idea is that a player could play with only small number of formers to reduce micromanagement. But these were not small modifications. I guess, it was very cheap price that triggered AI to choose boreholes.

And it was Spartans that were building boreholes, e.g. in MY 2333 they had 3, but I think they had a few more, but they found another improvement better and 2 boreholes were dismantled. Spartans are also ones, that often did most of crawling in tests I was doing. I think it may be something with Spartan AI (or maybe strategy settings in faction files?) Hive was building crawlers too, e.g. in ACDG3 they constructed at least one.