Dale

WePlayCiv Site Upgrade!

117 posts in this topic

Welcome to vBulletin 4! :D

We've upgraded the site into a nice new shiny site for everyone to play with. We went out and purchased vBulletin 4 Suite which comes with it's own cool CMS as well, so we'll have to port all our content over to this site.

We've done testing in a test environment to ensure all the bugs are ironed out, but unfortunately anything can happen when upgraded a live system. So if you find something that isn't working as expected, or an error, please let us know by posting in this thread.

In the meantime, have fun with the new site! :)

The WePlayCiv Team!

I'm not a huge fan of vBulletin 4, tbh. I frequent another forum that uses it, and I have to say I prefer whatever version CFC uses.

It will take a while to get used to.

If you're going to prevent regular users from accessing the news forum, then I recommend you hide it.

If you're going to prevent regular users from accessing the news forum, then I recommend you hide it.

News Desk? It's always been accessible to everyone.

Yep. I want my breadcrumbs back. :D

We'll get to fixing up the styles soon (such as breadcrumbs). At this point, functionality is the most important aspect to ensure is working. :)

Right. I'm sure I'll get used to this in time. :b:

I'll try to hold off nagging for all the stuff promised that was waiting for vb4. :nod:

News Desk? It's always been accessible to everyone.

I had thought you changed it for some reason. Here is what I get when I attempt to go to any part of the newsdesk:

wpcNews.png

EDIT: Also, that picture is cut off on the right side by my reckoning. Either have the page expand (what it used to do) or have the image shrink (what I've seen on other forums).

wpcNews.jpg

Doesn't seam to be auto-logging me in for some reason. Fortunately, I remembered my password.....

Will restart teh puter tonight and see if that makes a difference.

I get this message when trying to look at the News Desk forum

Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

In the Control Panel, if a subforum is listed under a subscribed forum, the 'unsubscribe from this forum' text is directly linked to the subforum name with no spacing.

Could lead to a few accidental unsubscribes!

The 'WePlayCiv' logo at the top of the age now links to the main forum page, not the front page as it used to.....

On the front page, in the 'recent activity' column, it looks like it shows the first post in the thread in question, with the last poster avatar image next to it, even if that wasn't the person to start the thread. Clicking on the avatar takes you to the thread starters profile page, even though its my avatar (in this case)

Not sure what your aim is here, so I'll leave it at that....

Front page news articles have to content, but I'm sure you've spotted that.... ;)

Yeah front page is a mess right now, just threw something on it so it didn't look empty. :p

looks Nice where did the donate button go though?

edit nm found it anyway cant donate seems i need a new gpu

Not that I want to rain on your parade or anything, but atm the site looks like crap. :q: I'm hoping this is just temporary...

I for one think this is awesome and enjoy the new look.

I like the new bright style, looking clear and inviting, thanks.

I miss the blue style...i can't easily tell the difference between another forum anymore :(