Maniac

The Recreation Commons

901 posts in this topic

They are' date=' actually. Andydog has had no end of trouble, but Donald can't look in there because of a team thing. BTW? It's the 18th, not in 18 days - we can start in on the nagging Wednesday, if his internet provider comes through...[/quote']

Any word in management-land of a fix for the image resizing, or adding a widescreen style to the display styles list?

Donald got screwed a little on the ISP deal, and won't be getting serious before Monday. He did do something days ago, and .pngs will display up 800 wide now. There should be more if they ever come through with his fast connection.

Nice pirate pictures there chuft. :D

800 pixels! That's legendary! We can almost see full size screens with some major cropping! :D Yay! Thanks to all the people working behind the scenes.

In my current game Steph doesn't have any friends besides me.

attachment.php?attachmentid=12246&d=1327281278

I feel bad for her enemies when those fundamentalist Steph supporters show up looking for blood.

asdffdsa.png

Indeed, having a +3 Probe rating is quite handy when going to war.

I encountered the bug where an AI frees another captured leader, for the first time ever. Had to save at the end of every turn for 4 turns and reload until Steph failed to rescue Domai so I wouldn't lose all my stuff.

Can progenitor factions be freed if they are captured? Would be interesting to see what would happen if you played as the caretakers and freed Marr if he manages to get wiped out by an AI.

I gave Steph 6r weapons and fusion power as a gift before Sunspot activity. When it ended this was all that was left of Maud'dib.

attachment.php?attachmentid=12248&d=1327295903

you must have changed the Consciousness faction color in your mod I don't remember their color being so pale.

Steph taking over.jpg

I did change Aki's color, because the original color I either reassigned to the Cthulhoids to match their bases, or else it was just too close to the Cthulhoid color. So yeah I made it paler. Annoying they both use the letter C but at least the pale one is Aki so you can tell that way.

The Cthulhu color is based on a famous (among Mythos collectors, of which I am one - I have one of these) Bowen Studios Stephen Hickman statue of Cthulhu, which matches the description of a statue in "The Call of Cthulhu" exactly. These statues are rare and have been known to go for a grand on Ebay. (Got mine for $100 back in the strange aeons when the statue was still being made.)

001xdgbr

Drab green-grey is associated with Cthulhu in general.

The bug of which you speak has been fixed by scient, but he hasn't released his latest working version yet, unfortunately.

Edited by chuft

Wow, Steph is plowing through those enemies!
I am the brains she is the brawn. Though I am keeping some tech to myself in case she gets any crazy ideas of betrayal. :)

As long as you're running Knowledge as a value, you're probably OK.

I have been unable to get into WPC since late last night until just now (around 7:30 Eastern US time). Was the site down? I am seeing posts here that indicate others were able to get in, based on the timestamp.

I doubt you're seeing anything btween about 2 AM and 4 PM EST. It came back up shortly before 4.

Not for me, I didn't get up till 5 PM today and couldn't get on until 7:30. Strange.

I quit Firefox last night when I went to bed and it is set to automatically empty the cache. I even tried just going to www.weplayciv.com (not to the forum) and got a "database error" on the screen.

Edited by chuft

Did the guy with the suitcase throw that Planet Buster? I think he stood a little close.

Buncle, would you be so kind as to move posts 874 on down to the Lazymod thread? Thanks.

Here's something I am now wondering about: in probe vs probe combat, does Reactor make a difference? Or is it like psi combat?