Maniac

The Recreation Commons

901 posts in this topic

It's the vb4 upgrade.

HEÛRK!

They call that an upgrade? You can hardly tell when there is a new post by the colors.

Yeah, the type's too small to be really legible, too. One hopes all will be fixed as they get things set up.

You'll note that there are some preliminary themes accessible at the very bottom of the page. I'm in WPC Ild Style, which looks slightly more like it used to.

I am shocked; SHOCKED, I say, to hear that you like the halloween theme.

I've put the SMAC theme but it barely helps.

That crap could almost deter me from reading and posting.

I wish it wasn't so hard to make out, but I assume we'll get used to it. Computer stuff is always upgrading, so it's not like this is the first change I've had to adjust to.

It's just Change I Can't Believe In!

Upgrading computer stuff is fine but one could keep the former colors and not put some kind of pink or orange...

Other things:

- If you use white for the words (see the 2 buttons at bottom right saying "Alpha centauri" and "Top"), then you don't use some kind of WTF white effect on the upper half!

- The 2 buttons "+ Reply to Thread" at top and bottom are totally useless since they don't open anything and just show you the Quick reply box!

- they really could make user's names and other prints associated larger, yours doesn't even take half the width of the box.

- and again, I'd like to see the icons indicating new posts having brighter colors.

Someone wanted to re-invent the wheel here. Sorry but this is crappy, sloppy work!:nonono:

You should post to this effect in the thread in Site. They've been rather responsive to feedback so far.

Nothing; he's Swiss, and you know how impossible those guys are. :nod:

Well, in truth the "halloweenish" Orange style does have god awful areas in it as well. Topped threads feature orange highlights with orange writing, while the 'thread information' boxes at the bottom feature grey writing on a grey field.

dug it out tonight from the old ACDG threads..

it's good to know you're still around, chuf!

Japanese TV is pretty dependable is you're looking for bizarre...

That's actually chinese, they are catching up with japanese tv; there's probably a horrible reason behind it.