Maniac

The Recreation Commons

901 posts in this topic

You like the scary stuff, is that it?

Her impossibly cheerful attitude is frightening enough.

edit. Speaking of scary stuff, though...I did get the alien all hooked up and working this weekend...suppose that will fit here as well as anywhere...gotta get a video/pic.

Oh, shush.

{Dear flood control, I think thou never wast where grace was said}

:angry: Edited by chuft

:scared:

Edited by chuft

Are you the guy who did the Elisha Cuthbert AAR on the quartertothree forum?

i saw Elisha Cuthbert AAR on the Octopus Overlods forum. the author is Hipolito ;)

Ah, Octopus Overlords. So that's why a Google search for Elisha Cuthbert and quartertothree didn't reveal anything. :cute: Though Google can't find the AAR on Octopus Overlords either. Lost in the mists of time?

Anyway, the mind worms giving commentary in pictures on in-game events reminded me of that AAR.

Lost in the mists of time?

nope. not yet! here's the link.

Anyway, the mind worms giving commentary in pictures on in-game events reminded me of that AAR.

:yes:

I did not do that AAR, no. I have been doing AARs for a long time though for boardgames, and I often like to use speaking balloons for humor. It is hard for SMAC because, unlike say a WWII game, there are almost zero images to use other than screenshots. In a historical game you can use period photos and such. There is only one image each of Deirdre, Yang etc so it gets a little challenging to do an AAR of a SMAC game graphically. Using a custom faction makes it easier since there is more source material such as the Dune movie in this case.

Edited by chuft

(forum drama deleted)

on with the show

Edited by chuft

moderator's note: the rest of the conversation was moved here at my request.

Not that there is much action these days weeks with PBEMs but I come to say that I shall be away without computer for one week.:cool:

Not that there is much action these days weeks with PBEMs

i'm sure Bodissey will be back in action. he's checking the DG regularly.

I come to say that I shall be away without computer for one week

lucky you! i have a week full of work ahead of me and no weekend :(

It's good that you're back, chuft! This is interesting to follow and I'm impressed with your graphics skill.

Check this out:

http://civcomm.weplayciv.com/polycast/modcast/season3/episode41.mp3

The lastest episode of the Modcast is out. This is your opportunity to find out what I - and Maniac and Impaler, for that matter- sound like in RL. We talk SMAC; I was there, so I haven't listened to it myself, and so don't know how much of me singing Star Trek incidental music was left in... [blinks]