Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

Vishniac

MY 2161-2170

73 posts in this topic

attachment.php?attachmentid=6667&stc=1&d=1280893242

If we share our knowledge of Cyberethics with Yang, then we will be helping to arm his armies with Chaos Guns 9 years sooner!

HiveLabs2163.JPG

I'm siding with Dolgo on this one:

- we are already leader in tech. More and we'll reach too far on the powergraph, making us a prime target as I believe tech is the N°1 factor.

- we are very far from having exploited the techs we have

- I don't know if getting one more tech wouldn't slow our reseearch just when we have the Xenoempathy Dome in reach.

2163-end

- Morgan Transport: network node rushed for 122EC.

2164-start

- The Peacekeepers are nearing a major breakthrough with the Citizen Defence Force

- Lady Deirdre has signed truce with Brother Lal

- Morgan Biochemical entered golden age

- despite our first tree farm, Morgan Industries has 8 ecodamages for 18 minerals. Shouldn't every tree farm raise the clean mineral limit by 1?

- ALERT: we are 3 turns from Centaury Empathy and Deirdre is 3 turns from completing the Xenoempathy Dome. We MUST speed research 1 turn! I let you see how (wealth or allocation or letting M-Transport/M-Shipbuilding on stockpile energy or all 3).

- terraforming is going on nicely.

See you on Monday!:cool:

wpc-smac-dg-2163-end.zip

wpc-smac-dg-2164-start.zip

Hive has the largest power bar in 2163. We are pacted, but in case of troubles Yang is close.

By going to Knowledge (from Wealth) and reassigning several crawlers to energy, plus some worker rearrangement, I got +139.2 research points per turn. This is enough to get Centauri Meditation in 2 turns. And with remaining at 40/20/40, so our economy would be still +87 (or +86). But we loose +1 industry.

By going to Knowledge (from Wealth) and reassigning several crawlers to energy, plus some worker rearrangement, I got +139.2 research points per turn. This is enough to get Centauri Meditation in 2 turns. And with remaining at 40/20/40, so our economy would be still +87 (or +86). But we loose +1 industry.

Please, do it!

I'll take it after to move the units.

Losing +1 Industry is not so bad: the plan is only to switch to Knowledge 2 turns and grab the Xenoempathy Dome. We'll change back just after.

Please, do it!

I'll take it after to move the units.

I should do it some time today.

Losing +1 Industry is not so bad: the plan is only to switch to Knowledge 2 turns and grab the Xenoempathy Dome. We'll change back just after.

How about researching also Adaptive Economics with increased research? We would get Planetary Energy Grid faster. We could wait with major hurrying for the reason of worse industry and we would collect energy during that time. Maybe building more network nodes too?

Writings orange on white is BAD!

I don't know who did that but the guy must suffer from daltonism or extreme bad taste. :mad:

It was Dale. Let him know.

Better not.

If I tell it like it is the way I feel, I'll get banned.

But if I hear people whining that our visitor and poster traffic is slowing........:doitnow!:

Can't get much worse, and they want your feedback. I'd have been gone a long time ago if Dale banned people for complaining.

2164-end

- Scout 2 protects former

- Scouts 3 garrisons Morgan Shipbuilding

- Scout 4 protects former

- Rover helps former moves

- Bodi-chopper ready

- Mining Laser stands

- Probe Foil ready to infiltrate University next turn

- Research: Centauri Meditation (2/8)

- Economy: 61 (+89)

- Energy allocation: 40/20/40

Bases:

- Morgan Shipbuilding: 1-15-15 / Crawler (2; 1 to ten) (20 turns to pop 4)

- Morgan Construction: 1-9-25 / Neural Amplifier (18; 0 to ten) (24 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan Industries: 2-10-35 / Crawler (1; 0 to ten) (6 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan Mines: 6-4-20 / Tree Farm (20; 0 to ten) (1 to pop 4)

- Morgan Metallurgy: 0-5-26 / Tree Farm (17; 0 to ten) (--- to pop 4)

- Morgan Biochemical: 2-9-29 / Tree Farm (11; 0 to ten) (11 to pop 4)

- Morgan Transport: 3-5-34 / Foil Probe (8; 1 to ten) (3 to pop 5)

- Morgan Solarfex: 3-12-29 / Tree Farm (6; 0 to ten) (2 to pop 5)

- Morgan Interstellar: 1-9-16 / Tree Farm (10; 0 to ten) (17 to pop 4)

- Morgan Energy Monopoly: 2-14-18 / Fungi-former (2; 0 to ten) (14 to pop 4)

- Morgan Bank: 0-1-8 / Rec Tanks (33; 4 to ten) (--- to pop 2)

Rush/upgrade:

- a trance former to fungicidal trance for 40EC (expensive but necessary for a fast colonization)

- 6EC for Fungicidal former one turn earlier in Morgan Energy Monopoly

Note: There is a drastic fall in industrial production. I stay by my opinion to reverse to Wealth as soon as the Xenoempathy Dome is ours. It won't be any good to get Adaptive Economica faster but without crawlers; and we do need a lot of things.

But don't worry: we'll get 3 new bases in the next...5-7 years maximum I think with forests already in place. They'll provide the energy boost that the crawlers give these next 2 turns.

2165-start

Santiago

- seething

-runs Fundamentalist/Free Market

- demands Doctrine Air Power

- I ask 25EC for it, Santiago accepts (My rationale: I was just afraid of another vendetta)

- warns us about Knowledge

- I try to get Pact for data, she refuses

- Peacekeepers finished the Citizen Defence Force

- Peacekeepers started the Xenoempathy Dome

- The Hive has started the Planetary Datalinks

- Forest expanded near Morgan Metallurgy

- worm ready to be burned near Morgan Bank

wpc-smac-dg-2165-start.zip

wpc-smac-dg-2164-end.zip

2165-pre-end

- Scout 2 protects former

- Scouts 3 garrisons Morgan Shipbuilding

- Scout 4 protects former

- Rover protects former

- Bodi-chopper ready

- Mining Laser finds worm and burns it for 20EC

- Probe Foil returned to base with upgrade Hardened

- Research: Centauri Meditation (1/8)

- Economy: 208 (+82)

- Energy allocation: 40/20/40

Bases:

- Morgan Shipbuilding: 1-15-15 / Crawler (1; 0 to ten) (19 turns to pop 4)

- Morgan Construction: 1-12-22 / Neural Amplifier (10; 0 to ten) (23 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan Industries: 2-10-35 / Colony Pod (3; 1 to ten) (1 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan Mines: 4-5-21 / Tree Farm (15; 0 to ten) (10 to pop 5)

- Morgan Metallurgy: 0-5-25 / Tree Farm (16; 0 to ten) (--- to pop 4)

- Morgan Biochemical: 2-9-25 / Tree Farm (10; 0 to ten) (14 to pop 4)

- Morgan Transport: 3-7-29 / Foil Probe (5; 0 to ten) (2 to pop 5)

- Morgan Solarfex: 3-12-24 / Tree Farm (5; 0 to ten) (4 to pop 5)

- Morgan Interstellar: 2-10-19 / Tree Farm (8; 0 to ten) (9 to pop 4)

- Morgan Energy Monopoly: 2-13-16 / Children Creche (4; 1 to ten) (13 to pop 4)

- Morgan Bank: 0-1-8 / Rec Tanks (32; 3 to ten) (--- to pop 2)

Rush proposed:

- Tree Farm in Morgan Solarfex for 118EC: will enable next build as colony pod faster

Notes:

- worm burned for 20EC

- University: Zak (seething) wanted us to declare vendetta on Lal, I declined. Then he wanted Doctrine Air Power, I propose to exchange it for Advanced Military Algorithm, he declined.I asked for a treaty for "name your price", he declined though praising us for Knowledge.

- UNIVERSITY DATALINKS INFILTRATED! I can also say that Marine Biology Lab can be mind-controlled for 176EC if need arises.

- crawlers of Morgan Construction changed back to minerals. Centauri Empathy still 1 turn away.

BAD NEWS! I peeped into the next research choice and there is no Adaptive Economics. Ok, it's not as bad as it seems since Deirdre won't be able to use her current SP base to get the PEG. But we need a new research choice between:

- Doctrine Initiative (8-moves cruiser probes)

- Bio-Engineering (clean reactor)

- Superconductor (leads to Fusion and the Supercollider)

- Superstring Theory

- Mind/Machine Interface (Cyborg Factory)

- Field Modulation

- Adaptive Doctrine (leads to Hunter-Seeker Algorithm)

Tough choice!

wpc-smac-dg-2165-pre-end.zip

When we trade a tech, we could then switch, cause Adaptive Economics would become available. We could also steal a tech by a probe team.

---

Well, Deirdre will exchange our Environmental Economics for Superconductor. I would do it, so we can research Adaptive Economics next.

Edited by Mart

there is also less research points than needed for 1-turn next tech. I'll change few more workers/crawlers

Start with the crawler at Morgan Transport!

I hope it'll be enough: changing those at Morgan Construction would make rushing the SP a little more costly.

MY 2165, pre-end-2

Deirdre gave us Superconductor for Environmental Economics.

She was cooperative, and that is good, considering we offend her with our free market.

Our research rate is now over 140/turn. It is safer to have a bit bigger margin

wpc-smac-dg-2165-pre-end-2.zip

2165-pre-end

- Economy: 90 (+82)

Rush executed:

- Tree Farm in Morgan Solarfex for 118EC

2166-start

- We have got Centauri Empathy and are researching Adaptive Economics.

- the defender of Morgan Energy Monopoly resisted an attack by mind worm

May I reverse back to an industrial policy? Should I change back to Wealth (before cashing crawlers and rushing)?

wpc-smac-dg-2166-start.zip

wpc-smac-dg-2165-end.zip

Yes, we can reverse to industrial policy. In that case we go back to better hurrying efficiency. As for the research, I would go for building network nodes everywhere.

For sure we need to go to Wealth before hurrying.

As for the cashing... I don't really know. Should we restrict ourselves? It would be better to cash some crawlers before changing SE - not all cost. Then go for +1 industry. that's taking advantage over the AI

E.g. cost Xenoempathy SP is now 300, after switch 270. Cashing the trance supply only gives us exactly 270. Before switch we need more 4 turns, after switch it's 0 more minerals needed.

Edited by Mart

As long as you don't break Rule 3 of the General Rules

(G-3) More than one social engineering change per line, per turn is prohibited. For instance, one is not permitted to start the turn in wealth, switch to power mid-turn for the extra disbanded minerals, and then switch back to wealth that same turn, getting the refund. Switching only to see results of the change without any played actions is permitted.

[/Quote]

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showthread.php?2394-Introduction-to-Alpha-Centauri-Democracy-Game&p=79960&viewfull=1#post79960

I think the turn should be ended immediately after Social Engineering changes are applied. So if you change something in the social engineering table, you cannot move units or give orders for construction, initiate communication with other factions, etc.

In that case, hurrying would require estimate, so no overpay would result. all costs would be 10 % less, so we need to rush to 90% minerals.

So I cash the crawlers, rush the last minerals for the Xenoempathy Dome (something like 100+ EC) and then change to Wealth?

That's fine for me.

Whatever, I'll move the units tonight and then wait until tomorrow for rushing and ending turn as usual.