Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

Vishniac

MY 2161-2170

73 posts in this topic

2161-start

- VENDETTA WITH MIRIAM! :doitnow!:

- The defender of Morgan Energy Monopoly barely survives an attack by sealurk

- The crazy gaian witch cancelled the Citizen Defence Force and redirected efforts towards the Xenoempathy Dome (Ready in 7 turns. We won't get it! Grrrr!!!! :mad:)

- Forest expands near Morgan Shipbuilding

wpc-smac-dg-2161-start.zip

2161-start

- VENDETTA WITH MIRIAM! :doitnow!:

We may expect some amphibious assault from the north.

It could be worth to consider needlejet patrols on the Northern coast. We need to expand in that direction.

- The defender of Morgan Energy Monopoly barely survives an attack by sealurk

Maybe completing Neural Amplifier sooner?

- The crazy gaian witch cancelled the Citizen Defence Force and redirected efforts towards the Xenoempathy Dome (Ready in 7 turns. We won't get it! Grrrr!!!! :mad:)

There is yet an option to steal that tech from Deirdre. However, I would do infiltration first, then steal the tech. If we are fast, we can do both in less than 7 turns. I would go with a transport foil and 2 land based probe teams.

We loose then trade income, Deirdre almost certainly will cancel trade deals. The question is, will it go down to treaty or worse.

There is also the 'outsmart' option.

By going 30/20/50, we can have the tech 2 turns faster. We sure can do it in a few turns and still have it 1 turn faster thus just in time.

As Gaians don't have Neural Grafting, we can then change our SP at the last minute, get Xenodome and restart quietly the Neural Amplifier after that.

That prevents all possible diplomatic problems.

Our research rate should increase too, when we get more population, and e.g. that new borehole.

We have enough crawlers to get an SP now. We should get these crawlers back soon.

There is also the 'outsmart' option.

By going 30/20/50, we can have the tech 2 turns faster. ...

Something to consider is:

- The 30/20/50 causes some energy to be lost, like we get in economy -1 in some bases. Less sacrifice of economy would be to stay 40/20/40 and:

- with more population we get more raw energy.

- some terraforming giving more energy is going to be completed.

- having economy 40% gives us possibility to build few network nodes in bases with best labs. E.g. Morgan Industries could have hurried NN even this very turn, cause it has 10 minerals accumulated.

- some crawlers can crawl energy instead of minerals.

This all within 5 next turns and we could get the tech within 5 turns and not 7.

another thing is - Deirdre could hurry that SP too...

So:

- M Industries can have NN now

- M Interstellar, switch to NN

- M Biochemical, switch to NN

- M Transport, hurry tree farm then hurry NN

We can attempt it, and switch to 30/20/50 only when we really need it.

Those bases with NN can also crawl some energy from tiles.

I tested reallocating crawlers and workers to squeeze more energy. In some bases it's no use: just more inefficiency or more psych.

But otherwise, without lowering the industrial capacity except in Morgan construction (from 12 to 10) I was able to go from 12 turns/tech to 11 turns/tech.

I have still not been able to go from 7 to 6 turns to Centauri Meditation even though we went from 93 to 98 research points/turn. It's probably doable with 1 or 2 network nodes.

That also put us at 85EC/turn.

Rushing a NN at Morgan Industries is 124EC. If we want to spare money for other NN fast, we can just pay 102EC

Then we'll have 219-102 = 117EC +85 = 202EC next turn.

Rushing tree farm in Morgan Transport at 132Ec ---> 70. +85 = 155EC the turn after and possibility to rush the NN at Morgan Transport.

Putting NN in other bases would arrive too late to have a meaningful impact; more to it, Biochemical and Interstellar lack pop and are ridden with inefficiency: badly need tree farms and children creches. And we better keep the rest of the money to rush the XD the last turn, could be handy especially if we need to go 30/20/50 in a hurry.

Almost all our crawlers are essential to the industrial production except a crawler and a trance supply in the vicinity of Morgan Construction, ready to be cashed. We can of course cash 1 or 2 others if we REALLY need.

Now a question: if we can get the Xenoempathy Dome in 7 turns and Deirdre too, who will get it eventually? Do we have priority?

Finally, I'd say that if Deirdre rushes it, she'll have it but that's not SO urgent as to wreack havoc in our planning. We could go crazy if it were to get Hunter-Seeker Algorithm or Cyborg Factory but we can live without XD though it would be nice to have (faster terraforming + enabling rover to worm-hunt + enabling probing Sparta by land).

If approved, I'll post the pre-end save tonight with other units moves.

energy could be crawled to M Industries - HQ makes no inefficiency there.

no other comments, these are all good plans. :)

Thanks! :cool:

Then we'll proceed.

2161-pre-end (units moved)

- Scout 2 moved to Morgan Biochemical to heal

- Scouts 3 garrisons Morgan Shipbuilding

- Scout 4 protects former

- Rover worm-hunts

- Bodi-chopper transferred to Morgan Energy Monopoly

- Mining Laser protects forest+sensor

- Research: Centauri Meditation (7/11)

- Economy: 219 (+85)

- Energy allocation: 40/20/40

Bases:

- Morgan Shipbuilding: 1-15-17 / Foil Probe (3; 0 to ten) (23 turns to pop 4)

- Morgan Construction: 1-10-26 / Neural Amplifier (16; 0 to ten) (27 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan Industries: 2-11-34 / Network Node (6; 0 to ten) (9 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan Mines: 2-6-22 / Tree Farm (15; 0 to ten) (4 to pop 4)

- Morgan Metallurgy: 1-5-24 / Tree Farm (18; 0 to ten) (2 to pop 3)

- Morgan Biochemical: 3-7-25 / Tree Farm (16; 1 to ten) (2 to pop 3)

- Morgan Transport: 2-11-26 / Tree Farm (7; 0 to ten) (12 to pop 5)

- Morgan Solarfex: 3-8-29 / Tree Farm (11; 0 to ten) (5 to pop 5)

- Morgan Interstellar: 1-9-19 / Tree Farm (12; 1 to ten) (20 to pop 4)

- Morgan Energy Monopoly: 3-8-15 / Crawler (2; 0 to ten) (1 to pop 3)

- Morgan Bank: 0-1-9 / Rec Tanks (32; 6 to ten) (--- to pop 2)

Notes:

- we still have an Alien Artifact. Since we'll have a Node next turn, it can be cashed anytime now. (not that I advocate it but not to forget too)

- we can also change to Knowledge to spare 1 turn of research if needed.

- Gaians will have Adaptive Economics (Planetary Energy Grid!) in 9 turns only. So even if we grab the Xenoempathy Dome, Deirdre won't be able to redirect.

Only rush proposal, according to plan:

- Morgan Industries: network node for 102EC

wpc-smac-dg-2161-pre-end.zip

That fungicidal former, that just completed defunging near M Metallurgy can make a road on that tile. We won't loose former-turn in case we bring a regular former for the road.

I noticed the borehole acted as condenser, we got quite rainy climate in that area...

That fungicidal former, that just completed defunging near M Metallurgy can make a road on that tile. We won't loose former-turn in case we bring a regular former for the road.

That's the plan: the defunger cleans and puts a road, then repeats on the next tile, then puts a sensor (and a road if time permits) on the open shore tile.

As soon as the sensor is up, a colony pod founds a base there.

And there is a former which follows and put forests.

Love it when a plan comes together! :cool:

I have put 2 of the borehole formers to some urgent tasks but what are your ideas for this zone:

- a new borehole on the rocky-river tile near Morgan Metallurgy (with all 3 formers)?

- another 'penetration' team with one former upgraded to defungus and the others following until we have roads+forests to another base location?

- something else?

... what are your ideas for this zone:

- a new borehole on the rocky-river tile near Morgan Metallurgy (with all 3 formers)?

No, not on the river. The reason is, that river would end there, which is the tile it begins (?), so we are loosing 2 tiles of river.

let me see the map, for the next borehole place.

let me see the map, for the next borehole place.

Aha! So it's not an urban legend that rivers flow down boreholes! :D

A borehole is not mandatory, I'll put a mine there then.

But if you could update my map with future base locations by adding, say, yellow circles for future boreholes (must be rocky, not on slopes, not adjacent to one another) and green crosses for condensers, that would be a nice terraforming document.

I wonder whether to raise land (much) later too. That could help have more place to put bases without having to found seabases. (?)

2161-end

- Economy: 219 (+85)

Rush:

- Morgan Industries: network node for 102EC

2162-start

- Ok! 105 tech points/turn. Centauri Meditation in 5 years! If we change to 30/20/50, we'll have it in 4 years. Now, it depends who gets priority if we finish the SP the same turn as the Gaians.

2162-pre-end (units moved)

- Scout 2 heals

- Rover worm-hunts

- Bodi-chopper transferred to Morgan Construction

- Mining Laser protects en route to N

- Research: Centauri Meditation (5/10)

- Economy: 210 (+86)

Bases:

- Morgan Shipbuilding: 1-15-17 / Foil Probe (2; 0 to ten) (22 turns to pop 4)

- Morgan Construction: 1-10-27 / Neural Amplifier (15; 0 to ten) (26 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan Industries: 2-11-34 / Crawler (3; 0 to ten) (8 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan Mines: 2-6-22 / Tree Farm (14; 0 to ten) (3 to pop 4)

- Morgan Metallurgy: 1-5-24 / Tree Farm (17; 0 to ten) (1 to pop 3)

- Morgan Biochemical: 3-7-25 / Tree Farm (15; 0 to ten) (1 to pop 3)

- Morgan Transport: 2-11-26 / Tree Farm (6; 0 to ten) (11 to pop 5)

- Morgan Solarfex: 3-8-29 / Tree Farm (10; 0 to ten) (4 to pop 5)

- Morgan Interstellar: 1-9-17 / Tree Farm (11; 0 to ten) (19 to pop 4)

- Morgan Energy Monopoly: 2-10-19 / Crawler (1; 0 to ten) (16 to pop 4)

- Morgan Bank: 0-1-9 / Rec Tanks (31; 5 to ten) (--- to pop 2)

- Morgan Transport: tree farm for 130EC

wpc-smac-dg-2162-pre-end.zip

2163-pre-end (units moved)

- Scout 2 protects former

- Rover helps former moves

- Bodi-chopper transferred to Morgan Industries

- Mining Laser moved to N

- Research: Centauri Meditation (4/10)

- Economy: 176 (+88)

Bases:

- Morgan Shipbuilding: 1-15-17 / Foil Probe (1; 0 to ten) (21 turns to pop 4)

- Morgan Construction: 1-10-26 / Neural Amplifier (14; 0 to ten) (25 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan Industries: 2-11-34 / Crawler (2; 0 to ten) (7 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan Mines: 2-6-22 / Tree Farm (13; 0 to ten) (2 to pop 4)

- Morgan Metallurgy: 0-7-28 / Tree Farm (12; 0 to ten) (--- to pop 4)

- Morgan Biochemical: 2-9-28 / Tree Farm (11; 0 to ten) (16 to pop 4)

- Morgan Transport: 3-11-26 / Network Node (6; 0 to ten) (4 to pop 5)

- Morgan Solarfex: 3-8-28 / Tree Farm (9; 0 to ten) (3 to pop 5)

- Morgan Interstellar: 1-9-17 / Tree Farm (10; 0 to ten) (18 to pop 4)

- Morgan Energy Monopoly: 2-11-19 / Fungi-former (3; 1 to ten) (15 to pop 4)

- Morgan Bank: 0-1-9 / Rec Tanks (30; 4 to ten) (--- to pop 2)

- Morgan Transport: network node for 124EC

Without further notice, the turn will be played tomorrow morning, allowing me to go on leave and return on Monday. If someone wants to play 2164 on Friday, feel free!

wpc-smac-dg-2163-pre-end.zip

Morgan Transport has production 11 minerals. Since only 10 can overflow, make hurry for 122 EC.

Yang would exchange our Cyberethics for Superconductor (which leads to Fusion Power)

Any opinions?

Deirdre won't trade techs

I tend to always favor tech trades. At the very least, they speed up the game.

What about the potential geopolitical effects of giving Chairman Yang and his mindless minions access to this technology. I don't want to see the world take a sharp turn towards slavery and mind control just because we were too eager to swap techs and neglected the possibility of upsetting some greater balance.

Unless of course we are able to pin the blame on BU for dooming mankind's chance for freedom on the new planet in case things do go sour due to lack of discretion on our behalf...

[shrugs] I'm a terror cheating against the AI. I wasn't stating a strong preference, but sure; I'll take the blame.

Although I welcome your readiness to take the bullet for the rest of us, I don't know if that is going to be enough. Supporting Yang's criminal police state is almost like committing a crime against humanity itself. I just can't imagine that while standing before some great UN Tribunal I would be able to absolve myself of all blame by simply pointing a finger at you. (Of course I'll still give it a shot if it should come to that)