Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

Vishniac

MY 2151-2160

65 posts in this topic

I would wait a little.

Eco-engineering could boost production in some of his bases when we are competing with him to build SPs.

Synthetic Fossil Fuel leads directly to Air Power. The less people with it the better for me.

Let's see how the situation evolves with Yang first! We are in pact but, as we run Democracy, Lal should be a more natural ally (even if I never could trust him. He's some kind of irrational agressive idiot ).

Luckily, you're here to take care of our diplomacy. :cool:

2154-end

- Economy: 62 (+62)

Bases:

- Morgan Shipbuilding: 2-9-13 / Crawler (0; 0 to ten) (16 turns to pop 4)

- Morgan Construction: 2-10-22 / Crawler (0; 0 to ten) (20 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan Industries: 1-5-25 / Crawler (0; 0 to ten) (35 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan Metallurgy: 1-4-22 / Crawler (0; 0 to ten) (10 to pop 3)

- Morgan Interstellar: 1-2-18 / Crawler (0; 0 to ten) (27 to pop 4)

Notes:

- Morgan Shipbuilding crawler rushed: 6EC

- Morgan Construction crawler rushed: 2EC

- Morgan Industries crawler rushed: 25EC

- Morgan Interstellar crawler rushed: 11EC

- Morgan Metallurgy crawler rushed: 28EC

2155-start

- The Peacekeepers have built the Merchant Exchange

- The Peacekeepers have started the Command Nexus

Governor Mart:

- Orders for the former at Morgan Mines? (road+forest+sensor on the tile North? Mine on the rocky tile South?)

- Orders for the crawler at Morgan Metallurgy? (1 nutrient or 1 mineral on the tile East?)

- There will be interesting things I can do with those new mines and crawlers. And cashing will start.

- 12 minerals doesn't trigger ecodamage anymore. I have the possibility to get 16 minerals at Morgan Shipbuilding and to have enough units (2 souts + the rover) to wait for worms to come after the next 'blank' fungal pop. Should I? That would raise the clean mineral limit for all bases and some shall be able to use that pretty soon.

wpc-smac-dg-2154-end.zip

wpc-smac-dg-2155-start.zip

... That would raise the clean mineral limit for all bases and some shall be able to use that pretty soon.

After the first fungal bloom we can start facilities that increase the limit: tree farms, hybrid forests, other, if I remember.

And here are proposed former tasks from Trevino enterprises:

- Borehole on rocky tile, that just got road (this is as planned)

- Former near M. Metallurgy can make road on that flat terrain, but then go using roads to the borehole tile mentioned above and help build it. Later the third former will speed up this task. A trance unit for defense would be helpful... :)

- Former near M. Mines can start building road to the north, towards Rocky Mountains. As shown on screenie. This should help colonize that region.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6559&d=1279146369

Last proposal is reassignment of a worker in Morgan Mines to the tile 1-2-2 and moving the crawler to the rocky tile next to M Industries.

Crawler will get 1 mineral only, but worker will get +2 minerals. Net gain is 1 mineral/turn. And next turn the energy restrictions are lifted, so we get 1-2-3.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6558&d=1279146369

dg-2155-1a.jpg

dg-2155-2a.jpg

2155-pre-end (units moved)

- Scout 2 moving towards borehole

- Scouts 3 garrisons Morgan Shipbuilding

- Scout 4 protects former

- Rover moves towards Morgan Shipbuilding

- Bodi-chopper ready to take-off in case of worm emergency

- Mining Laser protects former

- Research: Environmental Economics (1/10)

- Economy: 124 (+60)

- Energy allocation: 40/20/40

Bases:

- Morgan Shipbuilding: 1-16-13 / Former (1; 1 to ten) (29 turns to pop 4)

- Morgan Construction: 2-9-22 / Crawler (2; 0 to ten) (19 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan Industries: 2-6-25 / Crawler (4; 1 to ten) (18 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan Mines: 2-5-21 / Crawler (5; 1 to ten) (10 to pop 4)

- Morgan Metallurgy: 1-5-23 / Crawler (5; 2 to ten) (9 to pop 3)

- Morgan Biochemical: 2-3-15 / Former (3; 0 to ten) (8 to pop 3)

- Morgan Transport: 1-10-21 / The Command Nexus (13; 0 to ten) (30 to pop 5)

- Morgan Solarfex: 3-7-21 / Trance Supply (3; 0 to ten) (14 to pop 5)

- Morgan Interstellar: 1-6-18 / Crawler (5; 2 to ten) (26 to pop 4)

- Morgan Energy Monopoly: 3-3-13 / Crawler (8; 2 to ten) (7 to pop 3)

Notes:

- Wonderful: 16 mineral/base doesn't bring about ecodamages at all!

- next turn we must choose the new research. See new dedicated thread!

- we should get the Command Nexus in MY2160 but we have enough crawlers in the vicinity that it can be instabuilt if need arises

As usual, waiting for ideas/proposals for rushing things before turn end. Only opportunity seems to be the former (19EC) at Morgan Biochemical. That should spare us a little money that we shall use later to upgrade some formers to fungicidal.

wpc-smac-dg-2155-pre-end.zip

Hurrying former in M Biochemical is good idea. Then 3 formers would simultaneously make borehole, that would be completed in 6 turns? Am I right? 66% of 24 turns and divide over 3.

How about actually building fungicidal formers? Upgrading carries some overhead of cost. And recently we have more bases with good production. Existing formers would make their regular tasks, we already can think of echelon mirrors, condensers, boreholes, etc. ... and we also could shape terrain - rise, lower. We get possibilities now, and regular formers will be needed. I would think of upgrading them to super- and clean reactor formers.

Borehole is 16 turns. Thus it should be ready in 5.3 turns. :D

How about actually building fungicidal formers?

As an industrialist, I thought it was better to reach the 10 minerals/base limit before making new formers. Better make crawlers and reach or surpass it first.

And I didn't think updating a former to fungicidal would be as expensive as 30EC!! :eek: However, we won't need to upgrade that many of them, and conventional formers still have a lot of work to do. I'll program a fungicidal next in Morgan Solarfex.

I'll upgrade one former to fungicidal around Morgan Interstellar this turn if no objection: it's needed to defung that southern part and enable another colony.

2155-end

- Morgan Biochemical rushed former for 19EC

- Economy: 105 (+60)

2156-start

- we got Environmental Economics and changed to Centauri Meditation (in 13 turns).

- new net income: 74EC/turn. Yeah!

- Governor Mart: orders for the former east of Morgan Metallurgy? Road is complete. (A forest under the crawler? Farm+condensor on that rainy tile?)

wpc-smac-dg-2155-end.zip

wpc-smac-dg-2156-start.zip

Governor

Morgan Mines (Trevino Enterprises)

- All 3 formers west of M Metallurgy, please start borehole on 13,39. A protection of a trance patrol would make them safer... :)

- Morgan Biochemical could start a 3 row cost fungicidal former. I do not see forest overgrowing that vast fungal fields easily. So it could start a bit of defunging.

That's all.

--------------------------------------

We can trade Environmental Economics to Hive to get Air Power!

And I would do it. Any opinions?

2156-pre-end (units moved)

- Scout 2 potects 3 formers

- Rover moved East

- Research: Centauri Meditation (12/12)

- Economy: 165 (+74)

Bases:

- Morgan Shipbuilding: 1-15-14 / Trance Supply (5; 1 to ten) (28 turns to pop 4)

- Morgan Construction: 2-9-28 / Crawler (1; 0 to ten) (18 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan Industries: 2-6-28 / Crawler (3; 0 to ten) (17 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan Mines: 2-5-23 / Crawler (4; 0 to ten) (9 to pop 4)

- Morgan Metallurgy: 1-5-24 / Crawler (4; 1 to ten) (8 to pop 3)

- Morgan Biochemical: 2-2-16 / Fungicidal Former (12; 4 to ten) (7 to pop 3)

- Morgan Transport: 1-10-26 / The Command Nexus (10; 0 to ten) (29 to pop 5)

- Morgan Solarfex: 3-7-30 / Trance Supply (2; 0 to ten) (13 to pop 5)

- Morgan Interstellar: 1-6-20 / Crawler (4; 1 to ten) (25 to pop 4)

- Morgan Energy Monopoly: 3-3-14 / Crawler (7; 1 to ten) (6 to pop 3)

Notes:

- Mart: 3 formers are working the borehole but it seems you have more units that you think, there is still one East of M-Metallurgy. Forest under the crawler?

- Mart: to optimize resources, I would propose to switch production between your bases, that would do Crawler in M-Biochemical (which has only +2 min) to work the borehole and Fungicidal Former in M-Metallurgy (which has +5min)

As usual, waiting for ideas/proposals for rushing things before turn end.

My proposals: Trance Supply (28EC) to cash in the Command Nexus. Crawler (19EC) in M-Construction to get bonus minerals to next SP. Upgrade 1 former to fungicidal (30EC) for M-Interstellar. If no objection (total 77EC. Not much more than one turn's gain)

We can trade Environmental Economics to Hive to get Air Power!

And I would do it.

Yeah! Go for it!:b:

It's just a little difficult to see all the goodies that those techs bring and not being able to get them soon...but infrastructure building should begin soon.

wpc-smac-dg-2156-pre-end.zip

Talks with Yang completed.

We received Doctrine Air Power for Environmental Economics.

I pre-designed Impact Gun Penetrator 4-1-10 unit, cost only 2 rows, 18 minerals.

I also gave the order to forest to that one remaining former and switched productions as proposed.

wpc-smac-dg-2156-pre-end-1.zip

2156-end

- Economy: 88 (+74)

Bases:

- Morgan Construction: 2-9-28 / Crawler (0; 0 to ten) (18 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan Metallurgy: 1-5-24 / Fungicidal Former (4; 1 to ten) (8 to pop 3)

- Morgan Biochemical: 2-2-16 / Crawler (12; 4 to ten) (7 to pop 3)

- Morgan Solarfex: 3-7-30 / Trance Supply (0; 0 to ten) (13 to pop 5)

Notes:

- Morgan Construction rushed crawler for 19EC

- Morgan Solarfex rushed Trance Supply for 28EC

- Former upgraded to fungicidal for 30EC

2157-start

- Lady Deirdre bagan a vendetta against Brother Lal

- Morgan Industries and Morgan Solarfex have entered an intellectual golden age. (Someone to remember me what it means? Pop booming?)

- Strange: Morgan Construction has 12 minerals and 8 ecodamages but Morgan Shipbuilding has 15 minerals and 0 ecodamages! Should I change a crawler to 2 energy and have 0 ecodamages, or do we take the risk of the second 'peaceful' fungal pop to raise the limit?

wpc-smac-dg-2156-end.zip

wpc-smac-dg-2157-start.zip

Morgan Construction is 17-5=12 minerals.

M shipbuilding is 16-1=15 minerals

that is why ecodamage is 8, the total minerals count - before deducting upkeep.

Deirdre in vendetta with Lal. It will be interesting.

----------------------------------------

Lal would give us Cyberethics for Air Power... :)???

Edited by Mart

Morgan Construction is 17-5=12 minerals.

M shipbuilding is 16-1=15 minerals

that is why ecodamage is 8, the total minerals count - before deducting upkeep.

Ok! It was never really clear for me.

So our clean mineral limit is now 16 (will soon be 17 if we let the fungal pop happen).

Deirdre in vendetta with Lal. It will be interesting.

----------------------------------------

Lal would give us Cyberethics for Air Power... :)???

I let you decide this one. Having everybody with air power makes me nervous but it's already done with Yang and us.

I am somewhat afraid of the speed of tech trading in this game. We don't have enough time to use it that something new comes. Imagine: we don't even have a single network node!

Of course, I can now safely say that we can build a SP every 7-8 turns from 3 bases; the others will alternatively build infrastructure: Children Creches (energy losses by inefficiency are becoming large), Tree Farms then Hab Complexes. I'm still waiting for us to have the opportunity to get the Planetary Energy Grid :p

I let you decide this one. Having everybody with air power makes me nervous but it's already done with Yang and us.

I would make that trade. We have little control what Yang makes with that tech. Let us make benefits when we can.

I am somewhat afraid of the speed of tech trading in this game. We don't have enough time to use it that something new comes. Imagine: we don't even have a single network node!

The game is at least fast-paced. We play on a smaller map, that is why it all comes a bit quicker. Being behind with applications of technologies is very common on such higher difficulty games. And we are doing fine, notice we constantly increase our standing on the score bar.

Of course, I can now safely say that we can build a SP every 7-8 turns from 3 bases; the others will alternatively build infrastructure: Children Creches (energy losses by inefficiency are becoming large), Tree Farms then Hab Complexes. I'm still waiting for us to have the opportunity to get the Planetary Energy Grid :p

After Centauri Meditation we could attempt to get Adaptive Economics with PEG. I would be very much for it!

For those who didn't notice, Zakharov has now a sea base just in front of Morgan Shipbuilding.

2157-pre-end2 (units moved)

- Scout 2 potects 3 formers

- Rover moved East

- Mining Laser ready to strike worms

- Research: Centauri Meditation (11/12)

- Economy: 163 (+75)

Bases:

- Morgan Shipbuilding: 1-15-15 / Trance Supply (4; 0 to ten) (27 turns to pop 4)

- Morgan Construction: 2-13-28 / The Neural Amplifier (21; 0 to ten) (17 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan Industries: 2-6-28 / Crawler (2; 0 to ten) (11 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan Mines: 2-5-23 / Crawler (3; 0 to ten) (8 to pop 4)

- Morgan Metallurgy: 1-5-24 / Fungicidal Former (3; 0 to ten) (7 to pop 3)

- Morgan Biochemical: 2-2-16 / Crawler (11; 3 to ten) (6 to pop 3)

- Morgan Transport: 1-10-27 / The Command Nexus (1; 0 to ten) (28 to pop 5)

- Morgan Solarfex: 3-7-30 / Fungicidal Former (3; 1 to ten) (9 to pop 5)

- Morgan Interstellar: 1-6-20 / Crawler (3; 0 to ten) (24 to pop 4)

- Morgan Energy Monopoly: 3-3-14 / Crawler (6; 0 to ten) (5 to pop 3)

Notes:

- Morgan Construction at 17 ecodamages. Once we'll have got the second fungal pop, I'll cash the crawler to go back to 0.

- Command nexus next turn, yoohoo! And with minimal crawler consumption.

My proposals:

- Crawler at Morgan Mines (28EC). It'll get cashed for the NA and we can start a Tree Farm.

- F-Former at Morgan Metallurgy (34EC). To defung in direction of a future base position (21,39?) while M-Mines former can concentrate on roads and forests behind.

wpc-smac-dg-2157-pre-end2.zip

Morgan Industries, M. Mines are the best to hurry production. M. Metallurgy could wait one turn, but it is ok also.

I'm thinking about more protective units for formers operations. With bad planet rating, any lost unit to mindworms could be better spent as its minerals for upkeep of a protecting unit, that later can be reused.

Yes, 21,39 - new base.

27,41 too

----------------

and I almost forgot.

We do need infiltration, preferably on all other factions. "Hard" infiltrations with probes inside others data nets. Not by pact or governorship.

We are blind at the moment as to what's happening on majority of the planet. We just see the map, but productions, units, research, etc... :)

Not sure about protective units.

We can't protect everything, the most dangerous places are covered, and there is the clean mineral limit we must take into account; a former only take us one turn to build. I hope that the sensor network can detect most native units before they attack.

And we have also started the methodical defungation. Let's bring civilization to this forgotten land! :cool:

Infiltration:

Morgan Shipbuilding will start a foil probe after the current Trance Supply. It should allow us to infiltrate Hive, Gaians and University.

Probe units sometimes get caught. I would make 2 units in a row.

Also cheaper is build a transport foil and few land probe teams.

Anyway, few more probe teams will be usefull, and they cost no upkeep.

2157-end

- Economy: 101 (+75)

- Morgan Mines: 2-5-23 / Crawler (3; 0 to ten) (8 to pop 4)

- Morgan Metallurgy: 1-5-24 / Fungicidal Former (3; 0 to ten) (7 to pop 3)

Notes:

- F-former rushed in M-Metallurgy for 34EC

- Crawler rushed in M-Mines for 28EC

2158-start

- The Command Nexus is OURS!!!

- Spartans redirect to the Citizen Defence Force

- Peacekeepers redirect to the Planetary Datalinks

- The Hive and Believers didn't redirect. That says something about their techs.

- a worm has been spotted next to an empath scout. Good! Money! :p

- Very good: the fungal pop at Morgan Construction happened on a monolith with already fungus around. Ecodamage returned to 8; I shall cash a crawler to put it to 0.

- FINALLY forest expands near Morgan Construction :cool:

- a new Hive seabase blocks one of our four future base locations in the Rocky Mountains :mad:

- I put 3 bases on tree farms

- A new base is ready to be founded. We will spend money to rush a scout.

- Former in 20,44 (North of Morgan Mines) awaiting orders. Forest?

wpc-smac-dg-2157-end.zip

wpc-smac-dg-2158-start.zip

The former north of Morgan Mines:

Please continue with the road towards Rocky Mountains, as on the screenie. This is on tiles without fungus. We will have some faster communication trail sooner.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6559&d=1279146369

I thought it could be faster to use the new Fungi-former to clean two tiles and put a sensor at the end, and have the former follow with roads+forests. Roads on rocky tiles take longer, and the forests would boost the new base.

If you confirm the road for the former, I need orders for the fungi-former waiting in Morgan Metallurgy too.

terraforming.jpg

It could defung, as you planned. and the road through rocky tiles has its benefits too. for sure, the road to that monolith is good.

That road through rockies is planned north from M Industries, so it will be fast trail north. For now, one tile near M Industries is with ffungus, but later we gonna remove it. We can put a former for doing it, we start to have former-force.

2158-pre-end (units moved)

- Scout 2 kills worm for 20EC (damage 10%)

- Rover moved NE

- Bodi-chopper patrols

- Research: Centauri Meditation (10/12)

- Economy: 156 (+81)

Bases:

- Morgan Shipbuilding: 1-15-15 / Trance Supply (3; 0 to ten) (26 turns to pop 4)

- Morgan Construction: 2-12-28 / The Neural Amplifier (19; 0 to ten) (16 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan Industries: 2-9-29 / Crawler (1; 0 to ten) (10 turns to pop 5)

- Morgan Mines: 2-6-23 / Tree Farm (18; 1 to ten) (7 to pop 4)

- Morgan Metallurgy: 1-5-24 / Tree Farm (21; 2 to ten) (5 to pop 3)

- Morgan Biochemical: 2-2-16 / Crawler (10; 2 to ten) (5 to pop 3)

- Morgan Transport: 1-10-27 / Tree Farm (11; 1 to ten) (27 to pop 5)

- Morgan Solarfex: 3-9-29 / Fungicidal Former (2; 0 to ten) (8 to pop 5)

- Morgan Interstellar: 1-6-20 / Crawler (2; 0 to ten) (23 to pop 4)

- Morgan Energy Monopoly: 3-4-15 / Crawler (4; 0 to ten) (4 to pop 3)

- Morgan Bank: 0-2-8 / Scout (0; 0 to ten) (--- to pop 2)

Notes:

- Morgan Bank founded. Scout rushed for 44EC.

My proposals:

- Morgan Interstellar: crawler for 16EC

- Morgan Solarfex: Fungi-former for 34EC

- Morgan Industries: Crawler for 8EC

wpc-smac-dg-2158-pre-end.zip