Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

Vishniac

Secret Project planification

36 posts in this topic

Now that we have Industrial Automation and ten bases, we can put our attention to get a few secret projects. For that, we need to:

1 - choose which ones

2 - where to build them

3 - how to build them (which bases send crawlers)

4 - determine some financial compensation for the bases having devoted time and resources to SPs

I won't adress Point 4.

Point 1 choice today is between:

- Human Genome Project. (Gaians are at 10 turns from completion)

- Virtual World (University and Peacekeepers are building it)

- Command Nexus (Sparta is building it)

- Merchant Exchange

- Planetary Transit System

- Weather Paradigm

Neural Amplifier will be available in 14 turns

(I'd say go for Weather Paradigm first, then either VW or Nexus. PTS and ME won't be as useful)

Point 2: state your proposals, though we have 2 bases with AA waiting

Point 3: would be a choice between having only the Governor of the SP base sending crawlers or having other too to get it faster.

(I'd say the latter now that we are in a race, and the former when things will be easier)

How about keeping AAs for technologies. They give only 50 minerals, but later in the game, each technology is worth hundreds and later thousands of RP (research points) when leading in technologies, we could even distance ourselves further ahead with "cashing" AAs for techs.

Personally, i would go for the SPs with AAs :D The benefits of waiting are large, but so is the cumulative advantage of a good SP. Although, if the SP could be obtained even without the AA then it makes sense to hold onto it.

I usually use AAs for SPs. Since we are #1 in tech, we probably can't get any trade bait if we go for techs from the AAs.

Therefore my vote is to take our profit/advantage now and not worry about our future profits. I think it would be the way that the Morganites would think too.

IMO the WP is the biggest SP out there. I would sacrifice many virgins to get this SP in MP :D :D But if no one is building it, and we dont have many formers, i would get another first.

VW is good. HGP is very good(overlooked?) and the PTS can be huge(but i dont use it normally) More open land we have, the better PTS is. PTS+HGP+PEG can be pretty sweet combo.... Command nexus is a good morgan SP to remove morale obv...

Hehe i always start drooling when i think of SPs :D

I thought i would write a more coherent post analyzing the SPs from my perspective and explaining what order i would construct them in, in this situation. The higher on this list, the lower priority.

PTS-pretty good morgan SP, good for ICSing. But, i wouldnt build it at this stage of the game. One, its a 300 mineral project and i prefer the cheapies first, two we dont have tons of land ready for pods. Dont see much use for this, though i know some morgan players like it

VW-decent morgan SP, probably has anti-synergy with PTS. Again its a 300 mineral cost and its benefits are not amazing enough.

Planetary energy guild-this is a great SP, although it usually gets bumped down my priority list because it raises industrial capacity indirectly. Great synergy with PTS but a 300 mineral cost

Command nexus-this is a good SP for morgan, however in this case i would pass. The reason being our only neighbor to the north has a huge fungus wall, which means we will be using air units

HGP-this is basically an extra worker per base. if the worker works a 1-2-2(forest+econ bonus) over all the bases then this pays itself quickly and sets up more industry. And its cheap 200 mins

WP-huge morgan SP. How many formers we can spam is more limited than other factions so raising their quality is big. Getting boreholes completed in time for the uncapping techs is nice

In order to build SPs, it is necessary to sacrifice research and industrial capabilities and balance that loss against the bonuses gained, of course. I tend to think in my games two 200 mineral SPs are worth the cost in crawlers and since the HGP is already being built, i advocate building the HGP first then the WP and holding off on future SP until we have a strong industrial base

Interested in hearing counter thoughts, there are of course different paths to take here:)

I would go for either WP or HGP first. They are cheap and bring amazing benefits. For most factions, I'd prefer the WP, although for Morgan HGP may be better.

Adding to what Kataphraktoi said, WP allows to build boreholes under resource specials. Moreover, condensers lift nutrient restrictions. It also lets us raise/lower land which can be huge in some situations.

HGP is great if you want do the yellow fever thing. :D Sometimes allows to use early Market.

For me, HGP proposal looks very good.

We would need also some crawlers faster rather than later. Gaians are 9 turns before completing it, and AI can sometimes rush a facility, like SP, if I remember correctly. We may have an interesting race, unless something scares Lady Deirdre and she switches production to something else.

I think we should go for the Weather Paradigm.

It's more useful than HGP and I'm afraid that, if we take this one, Deirdre will change to WP and grab it under our nose.

It would beetter assure the one we want most, then try another one after.

We can try to collect resources for both SP: HGP and WP in 9 turns. Roughly 12-13 crawlers.

We better, or we'll surely loose the second SP.

1) Is it possible? :eek:

2) Have you enough time to manage such an effort? As the Deputy Governor during Dolgo and Bodissey leaves, I could use their bases to churn out crawlers (I have already begun) but micromanaging the rushings/updatings/movings to full potential is beyond my nowadays motivation.

We have already quite decent income. I think getting 12 crawlers in around 8 turns is within our capabilities.

Vishniac, you served for 38 turns now as the XO. Would you like someone else to take over for some next term?

Right now the gaians will finish the HGP in 6 turns. The WP of the hive will require 21 turns. The PK are building the WP since 2138. Yang is building the WP since 2139.

Its possible after making the HGP the gaians could switch to the WP and steal it. So we may have to consider biting a bullet and just making the WP

We can make both in the same turn. Needed around 12-13 crawlers.

I guess we could, but thats getting to the point where id rather just have the crawlers

Sure would like to have both those SPs, though.

What's with the ghost mode, Kat? It's upsetting me, I'm afraid.

Maybe thats just what i want :devil:

I thought of a plan to get both SPs and keep some of the crawlers to boot. We build the WP, then we build impact rovers and take the HGP too :trouble:

Large part of our territory is risky for crawlers - fungus. especially in FM. Desert regions on east coast are best to leave crawlers working, but need forestation and/or mining. We need some more formers, I would say.

I thought of a plan to get both SPs and keep some of the crawlers to boot. We build the WP, then we build impact rovers and take the HGP too :trouble:

With our switching to FM this turn, I wouldn't recommend it.

Large part of our territory is risky for crawlers - fungus. especially in FM.

That's why I chose neural Grafting as the current tech research: we probably won't get any drone-quieting SP but we do need the Neural Amplifier for our formers and crawlers.

Am I right, that currently we plan to build Weather Paradigm SP, and after that we could get Neural Amplifier?

Am I right, that currently we plan to build Weather Paradigm SP, and after that we could get Neural Amplifier?

Yes.

Weather Paradigm first, then...we can choose: either Neural Amplifier (very useful soon I'd say) or PTS (for drone-control mainly, though we are far from done with expansion) or something else if we can and want. :cool:

There is a maneuver with PTS. Since it lifts population of bases to 3, one can build colony pods in bases smaller than 4 or less, that depletes population, but it increases back to 3 without time loss and nutrients.