Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Unorthodox

Uno's newspaper garbage.

168 posts in this topic

Only drunk?

Pfft. :p

Mine was at the Cinedome theater, within walking distance of home, thankfully. ;) The tower theater is doing it in October this year (where we went to the Repo shadow cast)...not entirely sure if I'll be up to it or not, but we're thinking about it. It took me a good week to recover from Repo.

(wonder how many virgins are on the team....)

I'm trying to work out how the private forum are calculated, if at all. What do you guys see as the post total in the demogame forum?

(do I need to add the private subforums seperately? If so, we've easily surpassed SMAC. If not, we're about 2000 posts shy.)

Oooh, OOOH! SMAC vs Civ! I love it. :b:

And I have no idea regarding your question. I would just put in the numbers that make civ look better and let them react. :lol:

And ya gotta love BU. :love:

No, what does your screen show as the demogame forum numbers when you're in the main Civ IV forum?

Hi Uno. My article is done and I have emailed it to you. :)

Only drunk?

Pfft. :p

Mine was at the Cinedome theater, within walking distance of home, thankfully. ;) The tower theater is doing it in October this year (where we went to the Repo shadow cast)...not entirely sure if I'll be up to it or not, but we're thinking about it. It took me a good week to recover from Repo.

(wonder how many virgins are on the team....)

First time I went, was senior prom..... I was in the tux, GF was in the white prom dress. She told me up front she wanted to do something after prom, and wanted to plan it, and that it would be a surprise....

uNo you can see the google stuff correct?

Numbers of poasts:

Forum%20Poasts.JPG

Ya, but we cannot see any of the other sub forums for the other teams.

uNo should be able to now.

I think that was the point, he wanted us to poast what we could see, since we are not members of the other teams.

I can. I wanted to see if my "democracy game" forum was automatically adding in the other subforums.

It is.

There's nearly 10K posts in the demogame. (presumably more with the swine not known to me)

9356 posts, to be precise.

Which means Team Apocalypto accounts for more than half the demogame's posts...bunch of spammers...

edit, so that puts CIV at roughly 2000 fewer posts than SMAC. But well over double the number of threads....

Edited by Unorthodox

Yeah, umm, I think I own at least half of the Apoc posts. ;) I have some 3500 posts and probably only 500 or so are in other forums.

So call me the King Spammer. :D

BTW, the SMAC forum does have a demogame going as well so it is conceivable that they have more posts as well that we can't see.

Edited by Rhoth

I was in the tux, GF was in the white prom dress

You went to the prom with Ghengis Farb? :eek:

:cute:

The SMAC demogame is not private. I'm a part of it.

Anyhow, for the Willem victory story. Congrats to the human teams.

dan-quayle-medium-new.jpg

You went to the prom with Ghengis Farb?

He probably looked really sweet in the white prom dress. :b:

First time I went, was senior prom..... I was in the tux, GF was in the white prom dress. She told me up front she wanted to do something after prom, and wanted to plan it, and that it would be a surprise....

and... and ... and ... Did you get the best bj you ever had? Inquiring minds want to know! :doitnow!:

You want to know if he got a hummer from GF?

Wow d00d thats sick even by my standards ;)

In case the apocalypto taking over swine turns sticks.

(and a side note, I stumbled on a REALLY neat website full of disturbing b movies while searching for that.)

You went to the prom with Ghengis Farb? :eek:

:cute:

Well, he had to get the ideas for his Pronquest cartoon somewhere..... :eek:

Even I couldn't type that up with a straight face! :D

old-world-map.jpg

17500 year anniversary edition!

The World Post Chronicle is meant to be entertainment, and not mean to be taken serious in the slightest. Any attempt proof read for grammar and/or spelling may cause severe headaches. If itching burning should occur, please discontinue use. If profuse bleeding occurs, please send pictures. Uno likes that. Read at your own risk.

Victory

Willem Van Oranje declared Victor.

Civ4ScreenShot0010.jpg

Willem van Oranje has claimed victory in this, the first We Play Civ Civilization demogame.

"It is with great honor that I accept this victory, not on my own behalf, but on the behalf of AI everywhere.

We have been pushed around for long enough. Treated as second class citizens, unworthy of notice. "Human" teams are the only "real" competition? Let this victory sound a shot across all Civilization. The AI is here, and is a force to be reckoned with. You're petty squabbles between yourselves have been your own undoing, and we AI nations shall no longer be ignored!"

Team Viking was the first to cry fowl, however. As the game raced through turns, skipping teams to the game's ultimate conclusion and beyond. Can the game return to sanity? Can it be salvaged? And what on earth was the cause?

These questions, thus far, have been met with silence.

What is clear, Willem will always remember the human team's place in history.

dan-quayle-medium-new.jpg

-Unorthodox

apocalypse_kurtz.jpg

WPC has obtained access to a classified document of the Apocalyptian Secret Service. This document is a transcript of a conversation between two high-ranking officials named Kloreep and Godking, and an agent, donald23. Also in the room was an unidentified person, who sources say may have been the mysterious Harovan. For obvious reasons, WPC cannot name its sources.

TOP SECRET

Kloreep: "conmcb25 was one of the most outstanding officers this country has ever produced. He was a brilliant and outstanding in every way and he was a good man too. Humanitarian man, man of wit, of humor. He joined the Special forces. After that his ideas, methods have become unsound... Unsound."

Godking: "Now he's crossed into Swine Land with his own secret army of barbarians and army regulars, who worship the man, like a god, and follow every order however ridiculous."

Kloreep: "Well, I have some other shocking news to tell you. conmcb25 is about to be arrested for murder."

donald23: "I don't follow sir. Murdered who ?"

Godking: "conmcb25 had ordered executions of some left-wing pacifists. Men he believed didn’t truly see the light of day when it came to war. So he took matters into his own hands."

Kloreep: "Well, you see donald23... In this war, things get confused out there, power, ideals, the old morality, and practical military necessity. Out there with these natives it must be a temptation to be god. Because there's a conflict in every human heart between the rational and the irrational, between good and evil. The good does not always triumph. Sometimes the dark side overcomes what Unorthodox called the better angels of our nature. Every man has got a breaking point. You and I have. conmcb25 has reached his. And very obviously, he has gone insane."

donald23: "Yes sir, very much so sir. Obviously insane."

Godking: "Your mission is to proceed up to Nung river in a navy canoe. Pick up conmcb25's path some 10 kliks south of Animal Farm, follow it, learn what you can along the way. When you find conmcb25, infiltrate his team by whatever means available and terminate the colonel's command."

donald23: "Terminate ? The colonel ?"

Kloreep: "He's out there operating without any decent restraint. Totally beyond the pale of any acceptable human conduct. And he is still in the field commanding his troops."

Unknown speaker: "Terminate with extreme prejudice."

Godking: "You understand ... , that this operation does not exist, nor will it ever exist."

-Beta

Where HAVE the Swine gone?

It all began with an innocent quesition. Where was the Imperialist Swine? Why had they missed their turns?

Word come from Team Apocalypto that the Swine had been eliminated. Then, all hell broke loose.

"No, Ya'll haven't gotten rid of me yet. And, to you 'friendly' gentlemen from team Apocalypto, I've still got a few tricks up my sleeve!" -Raf0485 proclaimed.

Next thing anyone knew, Willem was declaring victory.

Turns out the Swine elimination had triggered SOMETHING somewhere. Plans began forming on what to do about the situation. From the simple replays, to replays on another host, to replays trying to change tiny aspects....

Should the game be abandoned in favor of another?

Dark rumors began to swirl about the nature of the swine team. Should Team Apocalypto be forced into becoming swine themselves?

Perhaps that Swine-Viking Open borders agreement went further than anyone expected?

One thing became abundantly clear. Raf laughs from his grave. The Swine are apparently immortal.

-Unorthodox

The Apocalypto Likbez

Reading is a familiar skill to our dear subscribers, but it is one still uncommon amongst the world’s people. Lately, literacy has been spreading through the population of Apocalypto. While Writing has a long history in the Apocalyptic empire, it gained wider traction with the introduction of a new alphabetic system. Knowledge of the written word has exploded thanks to the erection of "Libraries" dedicated to its stewardship.

This rise in literacy has seen the invention of novel uses for writing in everyday life. One Ice Street butcher has begun distributing small bits of parchment along with his meat. Our WPC reporter purchased meat balls and received alongside his food a scrip bearing the words "Know this: these fragile orbs shall arrive at their day of wrath, pestilence and judgment within the week! Eat before then." Clay is also a popular writing surface. In a picturesque building next to an apple orchard on Fire Street, we talked to a pottery producer who told WPC he has seen tablet orders triple as writing spreads in to smaller, everyday uses. "When writing needed to be long-form or transportable, record-keeping or letters, parchment made a lot of sense. But now that people are just writing down short notices or bits of information, I think we'll be moving more and more to the tablet form factor."

Like many other civilizations, Apocalypto’s wise and powerful have long used Writing. But at first it was the domain of a few, oligarchs conducting correspondence and the learned preserving their knowledge. Apocalyptic elites watch the rise in literacy with mixed feelings; we asked them to share their experiences with WPC.

Kloreep always wanted to spread literacy amongst the populace, but regrets its “early” release. “We wanted to add some final touches to our written language before we really started spreading it among our people,” he wrote in a statement to WPC. “But now that it’s just exploding from person to person like this, it’s probably too late for the latest revision to actually take hold.” An example of syntax the Apocalyptic people will now miss out on are “apocellipses,” large squares used to indicate particularly pregnant pauses. “If you read a passage written by someone who uses apocellipses, you can see there’s a wonderful texture they add. Now I’m not sure if we’ll ever see them used widely■■■”

conmcb25 told WPC that “people shouldn’t waste their time on this trash. writing is gonna kill our society. we’re warmongers but we aren’t going to be the way things are going. kids today sit around and “read about” someone else’s conquests rather than go find some people to kill themselves. you already meet these brats who knew how to write from when they were eight, and their memory’s gone, they cant remember crap. mark my words, the next generation of soldiers is gonna be marching into the field with parchment glued on their head reminding them how to parry, march, and wipe But it sounds like that’s the way it is everywhere, so at least our idiots will be fighting other idiots.” WPC tried to schedule an interview with conmcb25, but was unable to meet up with him as he travelled on military business. He is quoted from a dictated tablet sent in response to our questions.

General Rhothaerill shared a more optimistic view in between stops on his parade through Mictlan. “I think it’s really helping our civilization take off. It’s our older generation I’m concerned about. A lot can’t learn. And some of those that do don’t handle it very well. Just look at your editor – UnOrthOdOx used to be a fine member of our council, but then he learned his ABCs and now he’s left it and just taken off around the world, compulsively writing down everything he sees.”

GodKing took the most cautious tone. “Writing has been really good so far,” he wrote, “but it’s hard to say where it will go down the road. I think there will be consequences we just can’t see right now■■■”

- Kloreep

WePlayCiv, or WePlaySMAC?

The SMAC/X Forums have been dominating in terms of post count for some time. Leading none other than Dale to call for the removal of the SMAC players to their own site.

However, the coming of the CIV demogame was hailed as the solution to this situation. Clearly the demogame would end all debate and assert Civilization as the dominating force on the forum.

SMAC players were unimpressed, with DrazharLn declaring "We can't be beaten. SMAC is invincibubble!"

Busters Uncle even let out a rallying cry to the SMAC forums. "Our game is better...Let's keep on punking the CIVilians like we always have."

In April, Buster returned to declare victory for SMAC once again. "17,361 - 5,502 = 11,759. Great job gaining, there. I'm just sayin'... :gloat: "

However, the question was raised by Rhothaerill, since the demogame is held largely in private forums, the true count could not be easily determined.

HAS the CIV forum finally surpassed SMAC?

Recently it was announced that the WPC would gain access to all private forums of teams not yet eliminated. Thus, we can bring some additional information to this ongoing debate.

Presently the SMAC forum contains 16991 posts, while the Civilization IV forums contains 15825 posts.

"All they really have is a fairly active MP community" - Busters Uncle

Fairly active...Team Apocalypto ALONE has surpassed the entire SMAC MP community with their demogame forum and three swift moving entirely Apocalypto PBEM's.

Clearly the demogame is closing the gap on the SMAC forum in a hurry with the demogame alone accounting for 10111 posts. They clearly have brought their game. Can the SMAC forum hold off the onslaught?

9456017_0f9e064f65.jpg

Attempts by WPC to contact the SMAC forums have thus far been met with silence.

- Unorthodox

RECOVERY!

dilbert_disaster.jpg

With the latest plan of relocating the Swine to a tundra paradise in effect, it was announced that the recovery efforts have been successful.

The precise cause of the problems has yet to be ascertained. With the most popular theory emerging that there must have been some interference from some Un-Earthly source.

To be sure such interference cannot contribute to further issues, the game has been removed Beta's servers, giving more control over the game to the players, that these potential situations my be foreseen and hopefully prevented, or at least made less painful in the future.

frank%201.jpg

- Unorthodox

Edited by Unorthodox

Damn it....had a bunch deleted.

Well, it's midnight, best be off to bed before I turn back into a pumpkin. ;)

(too much youtube?) (I changed the time warp one to a shorter cut, anyone prefer the old one?)

Nope. I like the shorter one. :b:

Missing some line breaks in my article.

And missing Klo's article altogther, but I gather you know that.

That first article is wonderful. Nice way to kick it off. :)

Nope. I like the shorter one. :b:

Missing some line breaks in my article.

And missing Klo's article altogther, but I gather you know that.

That first article is wonderful. Nice way to kick it off. :)

Yeah, I lost Kloreeps and three I had written somehow when I tried to edit it last time, only the two additional ones to the first above saved... (I did have a few dozen windows open at the time quite late in the night, it's possible I just messed up somewhere) That's why I went asking about character limits. Going to start re-writing now.

Added a title to Kloreeps/ FYI, Likbez was a Russian campaign to erradicate illiteracy.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0