Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Unorthodox

Uno's newspaper garbage.

168 posts in this topic

Don't mind me, just need somewhere to format stuff to make the posting Saturday go easier.

Anything you guys want me to write about, though, feel free to post in here.

Well it won't happen by this Saturday, but maybe for the next paper you can write a eulogy for the Swine. ;)

Anywho...

Outline:

All teams have contact

founding of newspaper

"2 ai's for each team"

Religions of the world! (Rhoth, can I get a screen of the religions, please?)

Wonders of the World! (ditto for wonders, assuming we know who has what)

SMAC vs CIV statistics

The AI/SC debacle

575 BC.

Gotta do SOMETHING with this...Nominate folks for the specified roles....turn it nto the header...something.

FOURHORSEMEN.jpg

Edited by Unorthodox

How about an interview with Colonel Kilgore and why he is able to recruit so many team members? :D

There would be lots of Apoc Now references.

No problem UnO, I'll get those screens for you later today. Now that we have contact with all the civs but one we know who has what.

Nice picture.

Here you go UnO.

Wonders by nation:

Southern Cross: Pyramids

Celts: Stonehenge, Temple of Artemis, Mahabodhi

Mayans: Oracle

Russians: Great Lighthouse

Ethiopians: Great Wall

Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG

Religions by founding:

Buddhism: earliest religion (from meditation), founded by Celts, also has Native Americans

Islam: second religion (from polytheism), founded by Mayans

Christianity: third and largest religion (from monotheism), founded by unknown (either the Ethiopians or one of the two that already has a religion), also has Dutch, French, and Russians

No human team has founded or adopted a religion

Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG

How about an interview with Colonel Kilgore and why he is able to recruit so many team members? :D

There would be lots of Apoc Now references.

Well...see....since that movie serves no purpose for Halloween, I don't have it memorized like some. ;)

If you want to write it up, I'll gladly put it in, though.

I wanna be the Judgement Guy since I assume UnO will be the Skull guy.

Im going to try and write something up, Ill be more of feature article guy, because I don't want to be tied down to one type of story. I have a couple of ideas, some aren't appropriate till later. I think I know what Ill write about for Saturday but Im not quite sure yet.

I wanna be the Judgement Guy since I assume UnO will be the Skull guy.

You WOULD be famine. :p

(pestilence, war, famine, death, from left to right, in case you guys don't know your pop-culture 4 horsemen)

Im going to try and write something up, Ill be more of feature article guy, because I don't want to be tied down to one type of story. I have a couple of ideas, some aren't appropriate till later. I think I know what Ill write about for Saturday but Im not quite sure yet.

:b:

Hey...when we start building horse archers we have ready-made names for the first four. :D

Religions by founding:

Buddhism: earliest religion (from meditation), founded by Celts, also has Native Americans

So the vikings have probably pissed off the Celts too? :b:

So the vikings have probably pissed off the Celts too? :b:

At the moment no. They are cautious and have a zero diplomacy number. The Vikings don't have a separate religion so the Celts aren't mad at them for that.

I'll do a post in the Cloak and Dagger thread here in a bit with a summary of the F4 screen

I need some BTS mechanics clarification.

Is it safe to assume that all teams know about the Vikings war on the Native Americans?

[edit] never mind, don't need to worry about it since all teams have contact now, it's fair game even if someone didn't know.

I need some BTS mechanics clarification.

Is it safe to assume that all teams know about the Vikings war on the Native Americans?

[edit] never mind, don't need to worry about it since all teams have contact now, it's fair game even if someone didn't know.

It's fair game, but yes, everyone can tell just by a look at the F4 screen.

K.

wasn't sure if you needed some level of spy points to see all the lines or not.

K.

wasn't sure if you needed some level of spy points to see all the lines or not.

Nope. As long as you have contact with both nations then you know what is going on between them. Espionage is for specific stuff dedicated to one nation at a time.

The effects of our choking are felt in AF...

:lol: Perfect! :b:

oooo, shocking footage from the Viking front.

Can't wait to see the paper. The Muppets one is great. I wish my son liked the Muppets. I remember loving them as a child, but his tastes are different. We purchased the first two seasons of the Muppet Show on DVD but he wasn't interested. Maybe in a year or two.

old-world-map.jpg

All teams now have contact

It was recently announced that human teams in the game now have contact. As such, public posting is now allowed.

Here at the WPC, our mission is to bring you all the latest in news from the demogame in an entertaining fashion. The WPC is meant to be a non-partisan addition to this, and future, demogames, and is not meant to be taken in a serious light in the slightest. All posts are meant in good fun and do not necessarily reflect the actions or feelings within game. If you find yourself offended by something, just consider the fact that it's 2 AM and I'm writing this while watching Martha Stewart (and I wish that were a joke...)

If you would like to make any submissions for the next newspaper, please do so via PM to Unorthodox, or by email to Sirulias@gmail.com.

-Unorthodox

"2 AI's for each team"

In the beginning there was chaos. And out of chaos came the game settings.

Now, some of us are wondering, just what happened to those settings?

There will be 2 AI civs for each team in the game, to provide a more complex political situation, and of course a willing opponent to take your pent up frustration on.

As revealed by this map, obtained by WPC, the whole '2 AI civs' concept did not exactly pan out.

china-blank-map5.jpg

Asked for comment, Unorthodox of team Apocalypto had this to say:

"I initially found the inclusion of AI's to act as a buffer between human teams an interesting approach. I hope to be able to try it out some day."

Why is the map so, you may ask?

The answer is simple.

All teams will play the hand they are dealt. There will be no restarts in the event of a less than perfect start.

-Unorthodox

Team Southern Cross builds the Pyramids!

DSCN0153.JPG

Team Southern Cross has built the first wonder constructed by a human team!

"The Great Pyramids stand as a marvel to the world" claimed Zoid. "Our triumph of craftmanship serves as a declaration to the world of the superiority of Southern Cross! All teams shall tremble as we now gain access to all government forms, because nothing says Representation like using slave labor to erect megolithic structures."

The AI, however, remains unimpressed.

The Celts have chimed in on the wonder list with Stonehenge, The Temple of Artemis, and the Mahabodhi. While the Mayans, Russians, and Ethiopians all have gotten in on the fun with the Oracle, Great Lighthouse, and Great Wall, respectively.

(FYI: That is the Punden Berundak pyramid there in Indonesia. The closest one *with fairly impressive pics easily available* I could find to "southern cross territory". I am aware of claims of pyramids in Australia, New Zealand, and various Polynesian islands, but pics were less than forthcoming)

-Unorthodox

War rages between Human Teams.

War has gripped the demogame as hostilities have broken out between Teams Apocalypto and the Imperialist Swine.

Team Apocalypto's plan seems to have found inspiration from the four horsemen.

FOURHORSEMEN.jpg

Our embedded reporter has spoken with General Rhothaerill about how the efforts are coming along.

WPC: How would you say the war effort is moving?

Rhothaerill: Well, things are progressing. We have encountered more resistance than initially expected, but we suspect to wrap things up in due time.

WPC: Can you explain the plan to our readers?

Rhothaerill: Certainly. We first engaged the Imperialist Swine with Pestilence. We pillaged their improvements and generally made a mess of things. Then we engaged them with War, destroying the units they sent after us. Finally, we engaged them with Famine, preventing the use of their best tiles and locking them within the walls of Animal Farm. Eventually we will engage them with Death.

WPC: Why is it taking so long for Death to come?

Rhothaerill: We left Beta in charge of Death. He's lazy, He sucks. It might be a while...

-Unorthodox

An Interview With Lt. Colonel Kilgore of the Army of the Apocalypse

(near the mouth of the Nung River, SW of Animal Farm)

600full-apocalypse-now-screenshot.jpg

World Post Chronicle (WPC): Colonel Kilgore, thank you for talking with us today.

Colonel Kilgore: (CK): No problem, son. What would you like to know?

WPC: It would seem that Apocalypto is recruiting even more and more members. Why is that?

CK: I have no idea son. I’m just a soldier. But it may have something to do with the steaks and the surfing.

WPC: Steaks and surfing, Colonel?

CK: Ya. Surfing has always been big here. But when Mictlan starting turning out those t-bones, well the boys were just lining up to enlist.

WPC: But Colonel, there’s a war going on. Don’t you think it’s a little risky for R&R?

CK: A little archery fire from the tree line? We’ll have that suppressed in a jiffy. And if I say it’s safe to surf this beach, then it’s safe to surf this beach. Hell, a six foot peak. There aren’t any good peaks in this whole crappy country. It’s all beach break.

WPC: But the Nung River. That’s Swine territory.

CK: Swine don’t surf!

WPC: Um, right. So the new recruits, Donald, amarriner, Proviisory, Zargon X – how are they fitting in?

CK: Hell, what do they know about surfing?! One’s from Finland and another from New Jersey.

WPC: I meant with the war effort, Colonel.

CK: Ah, the war. (Kilgore looks around him) ……. You smell that? Do you smell that? Burnt wood and flesh, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. You know, one time we had a fight with these Swine Warriors on a hill … for twelve hours. When it was over all over, I walked up. We didn’t find one of ‘em. Not one stinking pig body. The smell, you know that charred smell, the whole hill. Smelled like – victory.

Someday this war is gonna end.

WPC: Um. Yes. Um, thank you Colonel.

-Beta

What does it mean to be a War Monger?

By conmcb25 on a hill overlooking Animal Farm

Rommel1smaller.JPG

Basically it means in a nutshell that if you are not killing something, then you are not happy ;) I pretty much decided in this game that I had enough with diplomacy, building, and pretty much being nice overall. So I decided it was time to get mean.

What does that mean really? Well, for example during team discussions when one of the builders suggests we go after religion early, you respond: “Screw religion, that’s a bunch of builder crap, when are we going to build some units and go whack something?”

And for this game and Team Apocalypto, and fortunately for me at least, the team didn’t have a lot of options. We were basically stuck on a peninsula just 8 tiles from our human neighbor and no AI teams in sight. After a couple of innovative and pretty wild peaceful ideas were thrown around, we pretty much came to the conclusion that war was inevitable to secure our future. The whole time of course I was asking: “When we are going to build some warriors and invade already.” :cool: Heck, I had to recruit GodKing another notorious baby killer to make sure I had another firm deadly voice on the team. :)

Right now I am sitting on a hill maintaining watch on Animal Farm, wondering how this war will end. At the same time hopeful that we will kill the Swine, yet at the same time feeling sorry for their team if we do. But that’s the nature of CIV, it’s an elimination game. This was going to happen sooner or later. And lucky for me, the Warmonger, it happened sooner. :D The best part is not knowing, how it’s going to turn out, until it’s done. Welcome to my world. Welcome to the Apocalypse.

con_four_horsemen5.jpg

Vikings wage war on Native Americans

Team Vikings have engaged in hostilities with the Native American team lead by the AI.

Initial attempts by WPC for comment from Team Viking have resulted in this thrilling update. We're attempting to translate, but it is slow going...

Edited by Unorthodox

If someone else wants the 2 AI for each team quote, speak up.

I'm gonna try to get some sleep now...will worry about the rest later

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0