chuft

The Sleeper Must Awaken: Lazymod AAR

104 posts in this topic

Edited by chuft

Edited by chuft

The Factions:

factions.jpg

I will be playing the Fremen. Lazymod version is 2.5.2.

Edited by chuft

Edited by chuft

Edited by chuft

Edited by chuft

Edited by chuft

Edited by chuft

I really like those technological breakthrough images! Very cool! :b:

During the very early expansion phase, a chopper is a huge boost to both exploration and worm protection. If you got problems entering fungus squares, you can "park" the chopper on the destination square and have a ground unit move into the fungus without risking failed movement or worm encounters.

What's your reasoning for having the bases so far apart? Do you plan to aggressively expand your borders and then later backfill your territory? And, will it help the Fremen in any way to adjust the Social Engineering energy allocation sliders (you are running 50%-0%-50%)?

Finally, I like your non-RP reports/comments. Personally, I don't care much for roleplaying playthroughs.

Edited by chuft

Edited by chuft

Edited by chuft

A few things to note:

- During my recent test plays, the SAM ability of the Unity Chopper doesn't seem to affect native ground combat. I do notice that the game chooses the chopper very often for native defense, though.

- One of the most difficult transitions for single player players, is base layouts. The urge to have no overlapping base squares is very powerful, but ultimately puts you in a worse position. As soon as the transition is done, you know that you can never go back to no overlapping ;)

- The Fremen production penalty should hurt in the early game, but your aggressive exploration and pod popping alleviates this somewhat. In particuler, planetpearl revenues allow for decent rush buying. To this, I wonder how much income you are getting each year. If your income is below 20 EC per year, you should focus on planetpearls to fund your production, and move the allocation sliders to force earlier technological breakthroughs (you may have to fiddle with the psych allocation to avoid excessive inefficiency).

- Native life never cost any upkeep when in fungus squares (in case you get some non-independent worms).

- I find that early Alien Artifacts often are more useful for hurrying Secret Projects, rather than hooking them up with Network Nodes. The earlier you can employ the Weather Paradigm benefits, the better. No?

- Where have all the boreholes gone? (At the Borehole Cluster)

Finally, your narration/commentary is excellent. If your last reports reflect a commentary style that you are comfortable with, all I can say is "keep it up!"; it's both informative and entertaining! The story elements are nicely interwoven with the familiar game mechanics :b:

Edited by chuft

Edited by chuft

I too dislike so-called Infinite City Sprawl (ICS). I think it is a weakness of the game and encourages a very formulaic set out for empires.

I think that base location should mainly be determined by terrain features and political geography rather than the desired place in a pre-set grid.

I understand why and how ICS is more efficient, though.

I really like the story elements too. I guess Rubin and I are antiparticles or something :)

How do the Freemen feel about cooperating with a cyborg?

Edited by chuft

Edited by chuft

Edited by chuft

Edited by chuft

Wouldn't it be better to keep the towers and farm them for worms?

Love the gene splicing pic :)