Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

chuft

Cornering the global energy market

8 posts in this topic

I have never seriously tried to win this way because it seemed like it was an ever-increasing target, and anytime I got even remotely close I would lose all my money to a market crash and effectively have to start over.

I would be interested in hearing people's experiences with trying to win this way. Do you think it is the hardest way to win? The easiest? Does it require turning off random events to be a reasonable possibility? Have you ever seen an AI Morgan win this way?

Never saw an AI Morgan or any AI doing it.

When we started the democracy Game, I played a few games with Morgan at Transcend and it appeared relatively easy and fast to get an economic victory: just stay in peace with everybody at all costs (or do what's necessary to keep enemies away) and build all the way.

Never saw an AI Morgan or any AI doing it.

The PBEM "Teddy Bear's Picnic" created by the legendary Googlie had a Morganite AI attempt to corner the Energy Market. The 4 human players in the game banded together, repealed the UN Charter, and nerve-gassed the Morganite scum to extinction.

In honor of Googlie, whose avatar was the Canadian flag: :canada:

A Great CMN. :unworthy:

D

I think you need energy banks or something to prevent energy market crash...

The PBEM "Teddy Bear's Picnic" created by the legendary Googlie had a Morganite AI attempt to corner the Energy Market. The 4 human players in the game banded together, repealed the UN Charter, and nerve-gassed the Morganite scum to extinction.

In honor of Googlie, whose avatar was the Canadian flag: :canada:

A Great CMN. :unworthy:

D

That's pretty goddamn awesome.

When I first played the aliens I won in this manner, it was a ridiculously early victory too.

But for a 'standard' game, no an economic victory is not really viable.

In one succession game, we tweaked AI Morgan with Interest attribute 5%, it won by cornering energy market, since we were too slow with mounting his HQ base raid.

With regards to adding interest to a faction's energy credits, i have found that even a 1 or 2% increase results in the faction getting staggeringly large amounts of energy very quickly...