Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

Mart

Peacekeepers Embassy

15 posts in this topic

picture.php?albumid=40&pictureid=614picture.php?albumid=40&pictureid=621

album.php?albumid=40&pictureid=614album.php?albumid=40&pictureid=614album.php?albumid=40&pictureid=614

PEACEKEEPERS EMBASSY

This Peacekeepers Embassy. This thread is for discussion of issues pertaining to Lal's faction.

--------------

Commlink to Lal has been traded from Gaians for mere 10 EC in 2129. Initially he was not in a very good mood towards Morganities.

No code has to be inserted here.

#MOOD

Magnanimous

Solicitous

Cooperative

Noncommittal

Ambivalent

Obstinate

Quarrelsome

Belligerent

Seething

Edited by Mart

Opened commlink with Lal, he offers 20 EC for contact with Zakharov! I think we can agree. Not bad money, Deirdre might soon trade the contact.

And below is record of the conversation. We got ourselves yet another technology, but no energy loan.

---------------------

Lal: "Ah, the shrewd CEO Morgan, first among Morganities.

I lead the Peacekeepers, and am honored to be their Brother, Lal.

We intend to defend the humanitarian principles of our original UN Charter.

Have you heard from Zakharov recently? I have not been able to locate him or his University faction since planetfall, and wanted to continue some of our earlier conversations. If you have his comm frequency I could offer 20 energy credits for your trouble."

CEO Morgan: "Yes, I am forwarding his frequency now."

Lal: "I must caution you, that my engineeres have completed an advanced Gun Foil prototype ((1)-1-4). First units are entering service now, rendering my forces practically invincible. CEO Morgan, I am afraid that you are in violation with UN Charter and you are witholding important data. Please release your files on Secrets of the Human Brain at once!"

CEO Morgan: "And you will release your data on Doctrine Loyalty?"

Lal: "Good enough for me."

CEO Morgan: "Very well, Brother Lal. We have received the files."

Lal: "So, CEO Morgan, what do you have to say for yourself? Any further business?"

CEO Morgan: "Yes, we would like to receive a loan of energy credits for yearly payments."

Lal: "I do not have any energy to spare. My apologies, but I do not have whole day to talk. I must attend other duties."

Edited by Mart

#MOOD

Magnanimous

Solicitous

Cooperative

Noncommittal

Ambivalent

Obstinate

Quarrelsome

Belligerent

Seething

-------------------------

We need some further plans for Peacekeepers. They are ideologically close to us, so we may plan a Pact, I think. But it all depends.

Mission Year 2130

Lal is willing to talk, and opening commlink showed quite lucrative offers.

-----------

Lal: "So, we meet again, CEO Morgan. I hear you've been in touch with our old colleague Zakharov. Just between us, I find his reckless minions a bit creepy, but so far we've been able to cooperate and

he has not tried to interfere in my affairs. Speaking of which, I have a nice map of University territory which I'd be happy to exchange for your information on Industrial Economics."

CEO Morgan: "No, I don't think it will be necessary. This advanced knowledge seems to be worth more, than a fragment of your map."

Lal: "Ok, CEO Morgan. Through cooperation we can achieve mutual satisfaction of needs. Will you trade your files of Industrial Economics for my files on Centauri Empathy?"

CEO Morgan: "Yes, we agree for exchanging technologies."

Lal: "How about my files of Doctrine Mobility for your knowledge of Gene Splicing. Interested?"

CEO Morgan: "Yes, we would use this technology."

Lal: "Your knowledge of Industrial Base intrigues me. Are you willing to exchange it for a copy of my world map?"

CEO Morgan: "Please excuse me for a moment. I need to check datalinks."

Lal: "Certainly, CEO Morgan"

-----------

So, the exchange of this level 1 technology for a PK map looks much better than offer before. We would see both Lal's territory and Zakharov's, what he already admitted to have. Any advise?

Edited by Mart

Ok, I'm going to take it...

---------------

CEO Morgan: "Yes, we agree for this exchange."

Lal: "The fragmentation of this mission has been disaster. Won't you sign the Treaty of Friendship, CEO Morgan, and help me to reunite the others?"

CEO Morgan: "A lofty goal, Brother. I'm with you"

Lal: "Excellent. Any further business?"

CEO Morgan: "Yes, I have urgent need of energy credits. I offer generous schedule of yearly payments."

Lal: "You credit is good. I can offer 34 EC for payments of 47 total and 1 EC/year."

CEO Morgan: "That is satisfactory."

Lal: "Anything else?"

CEO Morgan: "Maybe you have commlink frequencies to Colonel Santiago?"

Lal: "No, I don't."

CEO Morgan: "How about Sister Miriam?"

Lal: "No, haven't heard a word. My apologies, CEO, but I must attend my other duties. Lal out."

-------------

So we have two new technologies, and quite a piece of world map.

There is visible one Hive base. Zakharov has contact with Yang, what was probed few turns before.

Regarding technologies:

Centauri Empathy

- Empath Guild is disabled.

- We can build empath units!

- We can build roads in fungus

- Biology Lab, also:

- ability to build mindworms.

Doctrine Mobility

- Speeder chasis.

- Command Center facility. We can however build The Command Nexus Secret Project. Which is an option, but there are also other SP, maybe more important. So far in 2130 only University and PK are attempting to win a race for Virtual World.

Edited by Mart

#MOOD

Magnanimous

Solicitous

Cooperative

Noncommittal

Ambivalent

Obstinate

Quarrelsome

Belligerent

Seething

-------------------------

During this turn communication we jumped 3 levels of mood up.

Lal increased his votes by 2 (1 population)

He has 8 bases:

We should probably try to keep better relations with Lal since he is doing fairly well so far. Pretty good trades :nod:

Mission Year 2132.

Lal is noncommittal.

----------------

Lal: Ah, CEO Morgan, the shrewd. It is ever a pleasure to match wits with you. Have you heard of Miriam recently? If you have her comm link and can transfer it to me, I will give you 20 EC for the problem.

CEO Morgan: Sure, Brother Lal. A pleasure to do business with you.

Lal: The information on Applied Physics could prove useful for my plans. Can you transfer it to me as a personal favor?

CEO Morgan: No, we cannot disclose this strategic technology, you cannot offer as anything as valuable.

Lal: Have it your way, then, but bear in mind that friendship is a two way street. Anything else, CEO?

CEO Morgan: Do you have contact with sheng-ji Yang?

Lal: No, and I must end this conversation. Lal out.

Talks Report

- Lal offers Believing territory map for Industrial automation, declined.

- Offers Progenitor Psych for our Industrial Automation, accepted.

- Lal refused to trade Intellectual Integrity for Nonlinear Math. Later he disclosed, that he prefers to keep possibility to build Citizens' Defense force

- Lal refused our Pact agreement offer

Apparently the Peacekeepers are at war with the Gaians! While we are allied with the Gaians.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6220&stc=1&d=1276045561

LAL2141.JPG

MY 2153

Much time since last official contact, but all that years unofficial talks with UN lower ranks officers revealed Lal's uncooperative mood for technology transfer and further diplomatic ties.

Lal opens commlink with obstinate mood and informs, that his military has now 2-3-1 units. Then asks for Nonlinear Mathematics due to emergency. That's most likely bogus claim. Yes, but in exchange for Optical Computers. Lal refuses, he does not trust us enough. He is not pleased, but he praises our social choices.

"Anything else?" he asks.

"Yes, Morgan Industries Corporation would see benefits in accessing your databanks with technological advances. What is the price?"

"I would give you Optical Computers for 100 EC."

"Agreed!"

Optical computers allow us to work on Superconductor and Advanced military algorithms.

Lal then agrees to sell us Intellectual Integrity for 100 EC. This leads to Cyberethics and Planetary Economics.

I was thinking of discussing our current loan, but Brother Lal has no more time to continue.

MY 2157

Lal is seething, and asks for help in vendetta with Zakharov. We stay neutral and Lal asks for transfer of Doctrine Air Power making some phony excuse to get this as a gift.

When asked if he would disclose Cyberethics in return, he agrees!

- Lal came talking seething. He demanded that we join him in his vendetta against Yang, I declined. Then he asked for Synthetic Fossil Fuel, not threatening but boasting about his new weapons; to keep cordial relations, I gave it for 50EC. (He has already chaos fusion planes, it's not like this tech will change much). He finished with "Our friendship is a strong one... My hat is off to you for democracy...and so on"