Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

Mart

Gaian Embassy

67 posts in this topic

picture.php?albumid=40&pictureid=608picture.php?albumid=40&pictureid=615

GAIAN EMBASSY

This thread is to discuss Morgan Industries faction affairs with Lady Deirdre and her faction.

We can both discuss official matters and secret, they will not hear us here.

Edited by Mart

2123-start

Contact established with Gaians!!!

I led these early negociations:

- Deirdre offered a Pact against Zakharov. I declined (if you ask why, just look at the powergraph!:D)

- She wanted Planetary Networks. I offered to exchange against Ethical Calculus but she declined.

- I offered Treaty against goodwill and friendship but she declined.

So we are now at truce with Gaians.

They have landed an empath rover (1e-1-2, green) on our territory but it is blocked in the land loop by Scout 3.

We already have some useful information, let me prepare a report.

attachment.php?attachmentid=4850&d=1270221800

Deirdre mood towards us is at the moment: obstinate

#MOOD

Magnanimous

Solicitous

Cooperative

Noncommittal

Ambivalent

Obstinate

Quarrelsome

Belligerent

Seething

We know:

1) Contact with University

2) Ethical Calculus

3) Centauri Empathy, special ability empath song needs that. Most likely they were not gifted unit 1e-1-2.

4) Secrets of the Human Brain, it was reported previously, that University has that? Gaians possibly too, its required for Cent. Empathy

5) Democratic Politics and 18 council votes, twice as ours 9.

--------

6) A note, Rover 1e-1-2 is not in our territory yet. The border is further to the north, like 2 tiles or so. We may consider this part of continent ours, but Lady Deirdre does not at the moment. So a possible our request of withdrawal would be understood as insult and immediate vendetta (I think)

gaians-rep-2123-01a.jpg

Edited by Mart

If Deirdre is still willing to talk, I would open the commlink even in this 2123 turn:

- Most likely she will ask for support against Zak, but I would refuse.

- She might offer treaty by herself, but let us not try this, so:

- Ask for a loan and offer payments in return. We do not know gaian energy reserves, but she may have some to lend to us, and payments are not that large.

- An offer to exchange techs may be this time working, so let's try this after the loan. I would try this possibility as much as we can, down to getting her territory map. But I would not sell a tech for 25 EC. That's too cheap.

- Potentially mood improves, and she ask for a treaty, let's have it.

- How much would we offer for contact with Zakharov?

Any thoughts?

I don't know if we would want to pay for contact with Zak if she already wants to start a Vendetta against him-especially since our Energy reserves are not that great.

I agree regarding the request for a loan. At the very least we may be able to determine how wealthy she is.

Should we be afraid of going to war against Zak? Accepting an alliance offer from the Gaians may allow us to exchange technology with them more freely as their diplomatic stance towards us would be friendlier.

I would be banking on Zak forgiving us later on, I don't think the fella would hold a grudge for too long

I would accept their proposal but only if it would result in a PACT with the Gaians, and some favourable tech trading.

Zakharov is stronger than Deirdre, but it could also be, that Zak would offer us Pact for vendetta against Gaians. And he may have more techs to even gift to us.

Something to consider too is how much we value our integrity? In the beginning, I would try to keep it noble as long as we can.

I would avoid any vendetta at this stage.

First, we don't even know where are the factions. Zak could be the guy next door and , as soon as we declare vendetta, suddenly he lands 4-1-2s and 4-2-1s on our territory!:scared:

We also don't know who's pacted with who.

What we know on the other hand is that Deirdre will probably be our long-time foe in this game when we'll turn to Free Market.

Remember: "Information, the first principle of warfare..."

And finally, the faction is in no shape to fight at this stage.

@ Vishniac

Agreed on the avoidance of any Vendettas since we can't even defend ourselves against Planet let alone any AIs.

Yeah; and I don't get the value of borrowing EC, either...

Let's talk to Deirdre. Maybe she will be very sweet this time and gives us all her techs and map and all energy...

Yeah; and I don't get the value of borrowing EC' date=' either...[/quote']

Assume you borrow 160 credits from Deirdre. Assume you need to pay back 300 credits over a 100-year period. Hurry an energy bank with the credits from that loan. Assume that energy bank provides an extra four credits per turn. Resulting in a total of 400 credits in a 100-year period. Cpngratulations! You have just exploited the AI and gained 100 credits at their expense!

But the rushing only saves you how many turns (X 4)?

It is about so-called turn advantage. All subsequent building items you get this many turns faster, so e.g. a former makes that forest or solar collector faster and the additional bonuses of hurrying increase.

Mission Year 2125

Deirdre changed her mood to ambivalent, 1-up.

#MOOD

Magnanimous

Solicitous

Cooperative

Noncommittal

Ambivalent

Obstinate

Quarrelsome

Belligerent

Seething

Edited by Mart

Deirdre greeted us, then immediately informed about her problems with Zakharov and offered Pact for joining her vendetta. I refused, claiming, that without prior talks with University of Planet we cannot do it.

Then she stated this claim:

Deirdre: "CEO Morgan, I am concerned that you appear to be withholding

scientific data in violation of the UN Charter for this mission. Please

release your files on Industrial Base to me at once!"

CEO Morgan: "And you will reciprocate with your own data on Ethical Calculus?"

Deirdre: "I cannot trust you with that information, Morgan. So you are refusing to transmit your files on Industrial Base?"

CEO Morgan: "That's right. Make a trade or stop wasting my time."

Deirdre: "I sense you are a friend of Planet, CEO Morgan. I suggest we sign a Treaty of friendship, that our people can live side by side in peace."

CEO Morgan: "Agreed. Walk with Planet, Deirdre."

Deirdre: "Splendid. My environmental initiatives and your business plans complement one

another nicely. The Gaians and the Morganites have much to gain

from this friendship. We shall commence trade and commerce at once! Have you any further business?"

CEO Morgan: "I have a proposal to make."

Deirdre: "Very well, what do you desire from me?"

CEO Morgan: "I have urgent need of energy credits."

Deirdre: "I see. And what do you offer in return?"

CEO Morgan: "A generous schedule of loan payments."

Deirdre: "Your credit is good, CEO Morgan, and I can spare you 120 EC. My terms are generous: You must pay me 2 EC per year for 100 years."

CEO Morgan: "We accept!"

Deirdre: "Have you any further business?"

CEO Morgan: "I have another proposal to make. I desire access to your research data."

Deirdre: "I see, and what do you offer in return?"

CEO Morgan: "You need but name your price, Lady"

Deirdre: "Knowledge is power, as the saying goes, and can be bought but dearly. I shall transmit our knowledge of Ethical Calculus in exchange for 100 EC. Agreed?"

CEO Morgan: "This decision is not entirely up to me, if you excuse me for a moment..."

---------

We need decision, if to pay 100 EC for this tech. I would do it, we get a bonus with Deirdre of her mood, I think. Also this will flip our Industrial Automation modulus, and we will most likely be able to choose directly after Ind. economics.

Democracy is good too.

We could also trade one more tech directly later, and we would not loose Industrial Automation choice.

Edited by Mart

Deirdre: "Knowledge is power, as the saying goes, and can be bought but dearly. I shall transmit our knowledge of Ethical Calculus in exchange for 100 EC. Agreed?"

CEO Morgan: "This decision is not entirely up to me, if you excuse me for a moment..."

---------

We need decision, if to pay 100 EC for this tech. I would do it, we get a bonus with Deirdre of her mood, I think. Also this will flip our Industrial Automation modulus, and we will most likely be able to choose directly after Ind. economics.

Democracy is good too.

We could also trade one more tech directly later, and we would not loose Industrial Automation choice.

Honestly I don't know.

- Democracy doesn't seem so good early: we already have more drones than we can calm so more pop isn't such an advantage till bases have Rec Commons. And we already have a deficit in support; Dem would make it worse (I am an indistrialist at heart), even with first scout in city taking 5 turns...

- Children Creches give the same bonuses (eff + pop) that Democracy but I don't see them being built before Rec Tanks and Rec Commons, and it takes time.

- Ind Automation is all good and well but mainly if we want to build SPs (and we want) but otherwise, with that much fungus and abundant life, no hurry to put crawlers in the landscape or they'll end up as worm-fodder quickly!:scared:

That said, a new tech is no sneezing at, and we could exchange it with someone else.

After the Treaty is signed, wouldn't she accept a trade tech for tech? She wanted Industrial base before.

We could try tech for a tech, but she rather takes 100 EC, this is what she offered when asked for naming a price. Dolgorukov so far voted to pay these 100 EC, I think we can do it. It's not that expensive.

I just thought of something, lets wait until we develop Free market, 3 more turns I think, then she may trade us this Democracy for our Free Market

I can try tech for a tech now, we could get it for Industrial Base still.

...she may trade us this Democracy for our Free Market
...or not. Gaians have aversion for FM. Perhaps it won't appeal to her. Then better take it now?

In French, there's a saying like "Taking one now is better than two tomorrow!"

How goes the English version?

Vishniac, do you speak fluent English, German and French?

Ok, this is what I think. Gaians seem to have more techs that we. I would try to trade 2 techs now, first for 100 EC, second tech for tech. this should still allow us Ind. Auto.

Vishniac, do you speak fluent English, German and French?
Fluent French and English, and good German (but poor in vocabulary)

So, the English version? I think it's "One in the hand is worth two in the bush". :cool: