Vishniac

MY 2121-2130

177 posts in this topic

Wow! I just realized that Bod's chopper can be used to speed up unit movement through fungus! First fly the chopper into the fungus square, then let it wait there (don't end its turn) and move your unit into the fungus square with the chopper. Switch focus back onto the chopper and fly him out to help any other units nearby enter fungus squares or some other mission.

What an amazing resource!

MY 2124 Governor

Base: Morgan Solarflex (M. Transport Ltd.)

Rush production of Terraformer at a cost of 19 EC.

This terraformer is to work on building a road connect between M. Solarflex and M. Transport Bases as shown in these MY2124 PLANS

Forest+Sensor is the next item in priority after all roads are finished.

Edited by Dolgorukov
Updated Plans

2124 report:

- Economy: 103 (+13)

- Morgan Solarfex: 2-3-4 / Former (0; 0 to ten) (7 to pop 2)

--------------------------

2125-start

- Governor Mart: Good news:the sensor is already built. There will be no waiting for the new base

- Gaian foil has entered the lagoon

- Governor Bodissey: building a road now wouldn't speed your colony pod. Strategic Forces would like a sensor in 26,52, that would allow the watching of 10 more fungus tiles! Yes, no?

wpc-smac-dg-2124-pre-end2.zip

wpc-smac-dg-2125-start.zip

Ok, just checked, Deirdre wants to talk, and her mood changed to ambivalent. We can achieve something, so I wait for the green light from our XO.

I was thinking trying from "pre-end" save maybe good, unless you propose current start-save.

We can achieve something, so I wait for the green light from our XO.

I was thinking trying from "pre-end" save maybe good, unless you propose current start-save.

You don't need any green light from me to undertake negociations.

Just check with the Board of Governors that they are ok (and it seems nobody objected to multi-try negociations) with the results and that, if it needs money (for buying commlink or tech or lend some), it doesn't interfere with current rush orders (there are none asked for 2125).

I'll probably play the turn in 3 hours so either you do it now with 2125-start or you wait a little and do it with 2125 pre-end.

I will do it within 2 hours... :)

Ok, I'm in the middle of talks with Deirdre.

Check this post:

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=105987&postcount=16

In short, she signed Treaty. She gave us 120 EC for Total of 200 in 100 years.

Now she offers Ethical Calculus for 100 EC, and I vote to take it. more explanation in the post in Embassy thread.

I have game open with Deirdre on the line... :)

Edited by Mart

Lets take it, it'll speed up our progress

EDIT: wait, nevermind... more on this topic in the Gaian Embassy thread

Edited by Dolgorukov

A note regarding Democracy, I quote a fragment of conversation from Gaian embassy:

- Democracy doesn't seem so good early: we already have more drones than we can calm so more pop isn't such an advantage till bases have Rec Commons. And we already have a deficit in support; Dem would make it worse (I am an indistrialist at heart), even with first scout in city taking 5 turns...

I agree, that -2 support would hit us, but as for quicker growth, that is not entirely so. We can adjust psych allocation. Now, when you think about it, we need only 2 psych for a drone. Our bases are already 7 energy often with population 2. Population 3 would bring even more energy. We might go well with 20-30% psych allocation.

Now, it may seem like a waste, but see what it brings in return - additional worker (not a drone) making use of some good tile, bringing resources, from which minerals and energy is not to be neglected. additionally, total energy harvested in a base make it quicker to get some trade income from treaties and pacts. I would say, spending 2 energy for a psych may be worth of putting that additional worker in the field.

In practice we will have soon 9 bases, some turns later maybe 12 bases, we could already grow "vertical"

- Ind Automation is all good and well but mainly if we want to build SPs (and we want) but otherwise, with that much fungus and abundant life, no hurry to put crawlers in the landscape or they'll end up as worm-fodder quickly!:scared:

There are some desert regions without fungus. Dunes, and Uranium Flats for example. I think we could find some safe spots for a few crawlers. Plus, having a Planetary Transit System is tempting...

yes I like the sound of this. Soon we will have Free Market, running 30% Psych allocation should handle our Drone problems. Our research and income will be comparable to what it is now under the simple economy without psych allocations

Even without free market, a single worker can earn for 2 psych. E.g. a forest with 1-2-1 is surely worth it, imho. If you count 1 mineral = 2 energy roughly, that makes 5 energy ~ 5 EC. Deducting 2 energy = 2 psych, that gives 3 energy = 3 EC gain. Usually a base has that 1 additional food to feed a worker, as the forest gives only 1 nutrient. Not a great gain, 3 EC, but I would take it.

In ten years with SMAC/X, I never used even 10% into psych allocation, so I'll learn while you call the shots.

Strategic Command urges caution about trading Doctrine:Flexibility to other factions!! As a mainly builder faction, being isolated is a major advantage during the first century. Having Yang landing units on our shore wouldn't be nice.

2125 report:

- Scout 1 rests and heals

- Scout 2 rests and heals

- Scouts 3 blocks Gaians into the loop

- Scout 4 sent W, protects the former

- Rover burned spore launcher for 10EC (damaged 60%), enhanced to Veteran

- Bodi-chopper rests and heals

- Mining Laser sent W

- Research: Industrial Economics (3/6)

- Economy: 146 (+14)

- Energy allocation: 50/0/50

Bases:

- Morgan Construction: 2-2-4 / Rec Tanks (13; 0 to ten) (5 turns to pop 2)

- Morgan Industries: 3-2-7 / Rec Commons (19; 4 to ten) (3 turns to pop 2)

- Morgan Mines: 3-3-5 / Colony Pod (8; 1 to ten) (8 to pop 3)

- Morgan Metallurgy: 2-1-6 /Scout Patrol (0; 0 to ten) (11 to pop 2)

- Morgan Transport: 2-2-6 / Rec Tanks (15; 0 to ten) (12 to pop 3)

- Morgan Solarfex: 2-2-4 / Rec Tanks (19; 4 to ten) (6 to pop 2)

- Morgan Interstellar: 1-3-3 / Former (6; 3 to ten) (13 to pop 2)

Notes:

- Morgan metallurgy founded!

- Damn, it seems the rover can't advance into that sea of fungus without falling on native life!

- Governor Bodissey: orders for former in 26,52? (Strategic Command recommends sensor)

wpc-smac-dg-2125-pre-end.zip

Is this 26,52 tile a base site? If not, I would prefer a road.

Is this 26,52 tile a base site? If not, I would prefer a road.

No base site since your colony pod is on its way to 26,50.

It's just that, since there won't be time to put a sensor there before it arrives, putting one in 26, 52 would be perfect to cover the future base and a whole zone of fungus. It would have been sensor+road.

But without additional orders I put only a road then.

Say, is no one else interested in the fictions? My idea for the next installment of They Also Stand has a party in it; if you figure your character could have been pulling a shift towards the end of the voyage on the skeleton crew, it would be fun to incorporate you into the party.

I'm asking here because it will get read by the most people in this thread. -And I'm asking because writing these installments is a lot of work - and I don't want to agonize over the thing if I'm just doing it for myself and/or a few people who are only mildly interested...

are you just looking for character submissions for this story or are you planning on going as far as coordinating the story with other people who have involved their characters in it?

Well first, I'd want permission, of course. Then I'd like whatever ideas and such you could throw at me. If you wanted to throw out a joke or lines of dialog, it would give me bits to work in, which would be very helpful to my writing process.

This could be a huge amount of fun- if a few people, at least, will take an interest. There's inspiration to be found in reading each other's character files, and in reading my story so far. -Then ask yourself "How would my character do in such a life circumstance? Are there any other role-play characters I would get along with especially well/badly? What am I like drunk?" Stuff like that - then tell me what you can.

Anything anyone throws my way is liable to inspire me, too. I rather like writing within certain constraints and turning my creative process into a puzzle-solving exercise of sorts...

Governor

Morgan Mines (Trevino Enterprises)

- Formers from Morgan Metallurgy can go 1 tile NW, as on screenie and start road.

- Morgan Metallurgy base starts another scout patrol.

- The newly completed scout remains in the base to protect it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=5046&d=1270802805

smac-dg-2126-1.jpg

Edited by Mart

I will be away from internet for a day or two, so I could do diplomacy now on the 2126 start right now (that is if Deirdre wants to talk)

----------

This year Lady Deirdre politely declined to speak with us.

So we have no problems regarding diplomacy this year. Let's wait for 2127.

Edited by Mart

Orders for Morgan Industries, Ltd. (I intend to change this denomination to Morgan Manufacturing, Ltd.)

"Bod-Chopper" will explore -> 25,55 -> 27,55 -> 28,54 -> 29,53 -> 30,52 -> 29,51 -> 29,49 -> Morgan Constructions.

Morgan Ind ColPod moves towards 28,52

Partial rush (first row) of Rec Commons in Morgan Industries for 16 EC, using Morgan Industries reserves.