DDragon

SMAC/X PBEM Game proposal...

161 posts in this topic

I invited Yabcok to join this new game we're about to start on a Standard sized Map..

ok. we'll wait for Yabcok's reply today.

for now the duel between Dolgo and DDragon has the following setup:

No code has to be inserted here.

Edited by bdanv

Dear,

Thanks for the invitation!

In general, I see few problems, but maybe they aren’t extremely serious ones: I’ve never been playing SMAC (I started to play this game when Alien Crossfire was already published) and I’ve always preferred direct research and typical game start (without additional units or colony pods). If you are not in a hurry and you will give me few weeks to determine the differences between SMAC and SMACX and to think about appropriate faction and strategy for the game with blind research and extremely accelerated start, I could probably join, as I believe I should be able to rebuilt my strategies. If you are willing to wait just let me know, but if you are in a hurry and will be able to finish this game before I’m ready, I can join another one... :)

Best regards,

Yabcok

If I may intrude in this one, I'd be happy to fill in as I am not opposed to blind research. I do like some touch of chaos in a game too. So if needed, consider me in.

i have passwords from Dolgo and DDragon. nothing from Mullet yet.

Mullet if you need more info on this matter, please ask here..

do i need to download anything to be up to 4.0?

sorry for being busy guys. i was away from my pc for a bit

Dears,

I’ve tried to play few scenarios with accelerated start turned on and all those hi-level techs and big cities available form scratch and it is definitely not what I like or at least I could live with. So thanks a lot for proposal but I won’t join. If you ever interested in extremely slow but extremely demanding game, without accelerated start and all the other additional stuff just let me know - I’ll be honored to join and do my best to win.

Best regards,

Yabcok

I believe we are not using the Game's Time Warp settings, but rather the CMN is giving an accelerated start by providing us with more colony pods, scouts and former droids.

you may choose not to install it as there are no reports of incompatibility between v4 and v5, but you may miss some gameplay features introduced with the compatibility patch (and i'm afraid the Hive's immunity to inefficiency may be one of them)

im pretty sure i will manage without..... as installing the patch breaks the copy i have

I can confirm that Hive does not drop below 0 on the Social Engineering table for Efficiency, regardless of what societal choices are made. That's as immune as Hive gets, and this works properly in SMAC v4.0

I'm reluctant to believe that the Windows XP patch includes gameplay corrections, everywhere it is described as only addressing OS compatibility issues.

that was my belief as well about that patch... and as my copy that i have is working fine without it i dont know if i would need it (or it may have been pre installed with it....)

:oops:

it wasn't the Hive's immunity to inefficiency but Hive's (and also Morgan's) ability to pop-boom using Golden Ages.

the XP patch also fixes some maintenance bug.

i have to thank Rubin for digging up this thread.

do i need to download anything to be up to 4.0?

please refer to the 'Installing SMAC' section of this guide

If I may intrude in this one, I'd be happy to fill in as I am not opposed to blind research. I do like some touch of chaos in a game too. So if needed, consider me in.

no objections so far. welcome to the game Bodissey! please state you faction preference.

since mullet is back and we have also Bodissey on board, it seems like we are headinbg for a 4 players SMAC game.

Dolgo, do you still want that 1v1 game with DDragon?

Edited by bdanv

Sry people i am still here had a chaotic couple of weeks at work so havent had a chance to get online... A big welcome to Bodissey and a wb i think for Mullet and i think that if we are just about ready to go for this game Dolgo we can give the 1v1 game a miss but if you still want to go ahead with it by all means im ready if you are.

no problem, the 1v1 can wait for another time.

Okay, now that I understand how important the 5.0 patch is, I think it should be enforced.

yes, even though i'm not aware of any compatibility issues between v4.0 and v5.0, it will only be fair to everybody this way

also, considering your past issue with the turn rate of PBEMs, i would like you to inform the other players about your expectations in this regard.

Ok people where are we on this? are we ready to go with the game? If so let me know what kind of scedual u all have (as far as Turns go) and ill try to work around it as i do shift work (late evening AEST) there may/will be little gaps where i wont be playing till i get home from work......

DD

Dolgo has some RL issues and will be away for some time, but we can go ahead with the rest..

This post is to all current players waiting for this PBEM Game.

With Dolgo unable to play for a time we have 2 choices.

1) We can wait another 2-3 days to see if we can find a replacement player or

2) We can just start the game now?

I put this to you Mullet & Bodissey.

DD

Dolgorukov has made his appearance here:

The past two weeks have been busy for me, but I hope to find the time to get back to drawing up plans for Morgan Transport's future growth and development.

i will try to contact him.

hey guys, I can't handle any PBEM games right now, so I'm out.

DDragon, I'm interested in taking Dolgorukov place, it will be my first PBEM game though. What kind of settings are there going to be?

oh ok i am here i think i got on the wrong thread or something anyway i have a v4.0 patch and i am ready to go but be warned this is my first pbem as well

Right, just confirming that I'm still interested in this PBEM game and I'm happy to go along with the settings DDragon has already stated he would like, with one except, I would like to play as Deirdre :)

.. I'm happy to go along with the settings DDragon has already stated he would like, with one except, I would like to play as Deirdre :)

no problem.

i have confirmation from DDragon too. i will post the first save this weekend