DDragon

SMAC/X PBEM Game proposal...

161 posts in this topic

If there is anyone out there that is willing to start a PBEM Game that is willing to invest the time to the completion of said game then send me a PM and we will work out the details it can range from a 1v1 game to an all out every faction involved skermish.

For everyones Info i like playing the Hive on a Large - Huge map with an even amount of land and water but islands or a dry terrain isnt out of the question...

So if there is anyone out there that wants to start a PBEM game with SMAC only then let me know

DD

the experienced players are welcome in your game, or are you looking for only beginners?

anyone that is willing to play experianced players and new players doesnt matter to me... as long as the experianced players keep in mind that there will be at least one newbieish player and not to get all 'High and mighty' and talk down in a sence (same goes for any new plaers to the game not to get smart with the rest) all will be good :)

ok. i placed an announcement in the main AC forum for the weekend. let's see if someone shows up.

i will complete the table with each player's preferences in the respective column. under the 'Game setup' you'll find the final settings.

No code has to be inserted here.

Edited by bdanv

*Edited to include the rest of my options :)

Is there anyone else interested??? or will it be a 1v1 game? i may be able to upgrade this to SMACX within the next couple of hours ill keep u posted

*Ok i have fixed my Issue with the copy of SMACX i downloaded (from the link here) and as it was such a simple thing (that i compleatly forgot about) now i feel like a compleate git and a n00b :S so i now have SMAC and SMACX so this can be upgraded from a SMAC PBEM to a SMACX PBEM if people want this...

DD

Edited by DDragon
Update on SMACX progress

so i now have SMAC and SMACX so this can be upgraded from a SMAC PBEM to a SMACX PBEM if people want this...

we want it and we want it now!:doitnow!:

let's do a 1v1 with all SMAC factions involved, I've always wanted to see how that goes, it should be a much faster game that's for sure.

But I would really like to play on a small map, since smaller maps lead to faster resolutions of games and faster games are just what the doctor would prescribe when you come down with a SMAC multiplayer bug.

I agree as we have noone else interested in playing a game with us i think we should start.... do you have a map in mind Dolgorukov?

DD

i suggest a small map of Chiron. do you want AIs / how many / which factions?

otherwise, i can build a map, but you'll have to wait till Friday night as i have a deadline on Thursday.

"let's do a 1v1 with all SMAC factions involved, I've always wanted to see how that goes, it should be a much faster game that's for sure." <---- SMACX Game the other factions that we havent chosen except the Alien Races

just found someone stating his interest in a PBEM game. i'm waiting for his reply.

BTW: how did you find us (WPC), DDragon?

Edited by bdanv

I used to frequent another SMAC/X forum (http://www.civgaming.net/) and found a post on there (by you i believe) directing another user of those forums to here so i followed :)

I used to frequent another SMAC/X forum (http://www.civgaming.net/) and found a post on there (by you i believe) directing another user of those forums to here so i followed

:b:

just found someone stating his interest in a PBEM game. i'm waiting for his reply.

this is his reply:

Yeah I might join, but i might not participate much, ive been really busy lately and im a lurker at heart.

so, don't wait for him :(

hmmmm well if he isnt here by the time Dolgorukov replys then we will have no choice but to start.... tho Dolgorukov and i need to finalise the settings so....

let's see what can we do about the setup differences:

1. map size: i think DDragon is ok with the small map (post #11)
  2. cloud cover=none @DDragon: this means lots of arid land which will slow down the game. are you sure about that?
  3. difficulty level: are you ok with playing at Transcend level, DDRagon?
  4. economic victory: one of you has to change option. i don't see a problem here, as neither of your factions is particularly money oriented.
  5. cooperative victory: one of you has to change option. Dolgo is more experienced and he may do a better job at dealing with the AIs..
  6. look first: if i'm setting the game up then you will have both decent starting locations with/without flexy start. the AIs should be fixed as the game does a poor job at placing bases.
  7. spoils of war: one of you has to change option.
  8. accelerated start: we can have a compromise here. i can add more colony pods/formers/scouts/ECs to each of you, so you'll have something to do in the first turns..

let's see what can we do about the setup differences:

1. map size: i think DDragon is ok with the small map (post #11) <-- yeah small is ok by me.

2. cloud cover=none @DDragon: this means lots of arid land which will slow down the game. are you sure about that? ok change it to random

3. difficulty level: are you ok with playing at Transcend level, DDRagon? Y not may as well.

4. economic victory: one of you has to change option. i don't see a problem here, as neither of your factions is particularly money oriented. yeah change it to yes.

5. cooperative victory: one of you has to change option. Dolgo is more experienced and he may do a better job at dealing with the AIs.. ill stand at no on this one..

6. look first: if i'm setting the game up then you will have both decent starting locations with/without flexy start. the AIs should be fixed as the game does a poor job at placing bases. ok goto no with me.

7. spoils of war: one of you has to change option. I think this set to yes adds more of an edge to the game something else to work for.

8. accelerated start: we can have a compromise here. i can add more colony pods/formers/scouts/ECs to each of you, so you'll have something to do in the first turns.. That sounds good to me.

Thanks bdanv

DD

this is the updated setup and my proposal for the 'custom' accelerated start.

please note that 3 additional colony pods means that you will have the HQ base settled and 3 colony pods inside of it.

3. difficulty level: are you ok with playing at Transcend level, DDRagon? Y not may as well.

sorry. i don't understand what you're saying.

Edited by bdanv
Transcend diff.level

Hmm.

I'm unfamiliar with PBEM in SMACX, and have just purchased a new computer that I'm not entirely sure whether SMAC will run on or not (anyone tried on a windows 7 machine yet?)

But other than those issues, I'ld be for it.

mmmm....some googling indicates windows 7 might be problematic....

when it comes to SMAC, it's worth a try!

Win7 seems to be more SMAC friendly than Vista and i'm sure Petek is around to help you with the install if needed