Vishniac

MY 2111-2120

164 posts in this topic

Units are advancing into fungus. Few chances of them getting ambushed I would say: pre-emptive strikes!

My planning for those would be to advance North simultaneously on both shores so as to maximize speed of exploration.

I agree. Our exploration of Planet must correspond to our corporate principle of 'The method of the enterprising is to plan with audacity and execute with vigor'.

Mart, is there a reason to use spoiler balises a few post ago?

2112 report:

- Scout 1 burnt worm for 10EC

- Scout 2 sent N

- Scouts 3 sent E

- Scout 4 on the move N

- Rover sent N

- Research: Planetary Networks (3/5)

- Economy: 49 (+9)

- Energy allocation: 50/0/50

Bases (counter-clockwise):

- Morgan Industries: 3-5-9 / Colony Pod (5; 1 to ten) (10 turn to pop 3)

- Morgan Mines: 1-1-5 (2-0-4 possible) / Formers (13; 3 to ten) (29 to pop 3)

- Morgan Transport: 2-2-5 / Colony Pod (12; 2 to ten) (15 to pop 3)

- Morgan Interstellar: 1-4-3 possible) / Colony pod (7; 2 to ten) (14 to pop 2)

Personal note: if there's someone North beyond that fungal zone, at least we can't be surprised by an attack. :D If we get Xenoempathy Dome, that could be a fine hunting ground for empath rovers.

If someone wants to change something before turn-end, let me know!

wpc-smac-dg-2112-pre-end.zip

Morgan Mine is fine, as it is. We can get Planetary Networks one turn sooner.

It's good the scout was barely scratched in mindworm fight. We have almost 50 EC again.

I would vote to name the bay off Morgan Mines coast:

Morgan Bay

morgan_bay_1.jpg

Could you name it "Captain Morgan Bay" please?

I'm fine with that. And I won't tell a word to CEO Morgan. :scared:

I already have a lot of troubles starting a company that has no 'Morgan' word in it.

OT-And if we allow a Governor in charge of Naval forces, you know that they have to be referred to as 'Captain Morgan'!

Just for Alinestra Covelia, and in honor of Women's Day, here is another Captain Morgan:

Captain Morgan.jpg

Some thoughts:

I'm starting to get convinced, that Morgan Mines would be better off making recycling tanks before the former. The reason is, that there may be a plan in motion to place a base in Uranium Flats region with good infrastructure:

- road to Morgan Mines

- sensor array beneath the base.

- defending scout

My estimates show, that it could be possible in some reasonable number of turns, something like MY 2126-2128 (approx.), if luck helps.

The former currently doing solar collector would do the road in that direction and a sensor. Risk is - mindworms, and I wished I had a spare scout patrol...

The second former could continue to terraform surroundings of Morgan Mines, but the thing is, that with little minerals and cost of scout + 2 formers, it would take a lot of time to get to 10 minerals for recycling tanks. So recycling tanks can be first, then the second former.

Faction will have soon, 2114? over 60 EC in the reserves, and Morgan Transport will have 11 minerals collected in 2114, so it could get recycling tanks then. Morgan Mines would wait several more turns.

This is of course depending on what Governor of Morgan Transport plans to do.

I apologize in advance...

attachment.php?attachmentid=4161&d=1268104457

CapnCove.jpg

Edited by Buster's Uncle

2112 report:

If someone wants to change something before turn-end, let me know!

Governor

Morgan Transport

Move workers from (19,55) to (20,50),

expected worker output at new tile: 2-1-0

Hey Vish, quit putting Stockpile Energy at end of production queues. You've done it for all the bases except Morgan Transport!

:cmn:

... all the bases except Morgan Transport!

:cmn:

I noticed that too.

Do we have mafia in the faction? Black market? Shadowy business deals. Some energy generated outside factional financial system. I wonder where the EC would go... :D

Yeah, how come we do not have Black Market yet in Morganic Faction?

And for what it's worth. Trevino Enterprises lawyers are now busy preparing an official disclaimer statement of any deal being held by the company management that would generate income outside of lawful means.

What in general, does not constitute a great obstacle to legalize such procedure (stockpiling energy after unit construction) in the future.

The former currently doing solar collector would do the road in that direction and a sensor. Risk is - mindworms, and I wished I had a spare scout patrol...

Strategic Forces can provide protection. I could recall Scout 2 from the sea of fungus if there is common agreement. The Rover is hardened and can keep on exploring.

Or better: Scout 1 is nearer and his zone of exploration is not very important now. Morgan Industries has places to put bases and there's no border to encounter there.

As for stockpile energy, I knew I had to check whether we banned it or not but it slipped my mind. Corrected! (Good to see people give attention to details :D )

Governor

Morgan Transport

Move workers from (19,55) to (20,50),

expected worker output at new tile: 2-1-0

Done!

wpc-smac-dg-2112-pre-end2.zip

Morgan Interstellar

Since Fungus is cleared, start on solar collector on (22,58). After solar collector is completed, swap production at MInt from Min bonus tile (24, 58) to (22, 58) and send Former to mine Min bonus tile (24, 58). The tile swap will insure that MInt will be at pop 2 prior to the CP being produced. Longer term plan-after CP is produced, send our current SP from MInt as a guard with the CP to set up a base at (32, 56) (tentative location) while MInt produces a new base garrison.

Strategic Forces can provide protection. I could recall Scout 2 from the sea of fungus if there is common agreement. The Rover is hardened and can keep on exploring.

Or better: Scout 1 is nearer and his zone of exploration is not very important now. Morgan Industries has places to put bases and there's no border to encounter there.

Trevino Enterprises (Morgan Mines Governorship) would agree to pay The Corporation 1EC/turn if The Corporation agrees to rent a scout patrol unit for our former unit protection.

The initial contract would be for 15 years (turns) but no longer than life of the unit, if it got destroyed in mindworm attack.

...Lady and gentlemen, I ought to speak up and say that I think arrangements are getting awfully complex...

It all depends. Outside it may look like one scout protects a former for some time, so it can build road and a sensor to new base location. Some players would just say "do this".

On another level, Dolgorukov already put some effort into creating an interesting spreadsheet with what bases posses and how many ECs they have. As long as someone is willing to do it and micromanagement does not kill the person, why not have that?

I was thinking part of the game (part of faction) could be outside of this financial stuff. Maybe military? Probe teams? future diplomacy once we get contacts with AI. There may be faction functions without much "EC" stuff.

The financial part would be only for people who want and can deal with some excel spreadsheet like this. I would call it a bit of Morganic roleplay.

By the way, BU, would you be interested in joining Trevino Enterprises? I started a thread:

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2739

This would not make impossible to have other factional functions, being it Ambassador or Navy Commander or anything else.

I'll have a look; honestly, I've only been glancing at things lately. I want to support this enterprise, though.

I apologize in advance...

attachment.php?attachmentid=4161&d=1268104457

So what did Johnny Depp do to deserve such punishment (other than most of his movie roles :barf: ) ?