Mart

MY 2101 - 2110

288 posts in this topic

Question #1 yes- Stockpile Energy with the assumption that we don't lose any accumulated minerals at the bases (I assume we don't since you are suggesting it).

It works like this:

- when doing stockpile switch:

from cp we switch to stockpile (technically we loose 1 mineral) then pop the pod. then switch back to cp (we are getting back 1 mineral, since returning to previously built item)

- when doing recycling tanks:

we will go from 11 to 10 accumulated minerals

but loosing just 1 mineral to get later 1-1-1 for all these earlier turns is worth it.

2110 report:

- Scout 1 sent NW

- Scout 2 sent E

- Scouts 3 sent E in direction of Unity wreckage

- Scout 4 sent NW (shall reach it next turn)

- Rover sent NW+NE

- Research: Planetary Networks (?)

- Economy: 11 (+?)

- Energy allocation: demands decision (Energy-Labs possible:6-7, 7-8, 9-11)

Bases (counter-clockwise):

- Morgan Industries: 2-2-6 / Rec Tanks (0; 0 to ten minerals limit) (2 turns to pop 2)

- Morgan Mines: 2-1-3 (2-0-4 possible) / Colony Pod (25; 5 to ten) (2 to pop 2)

- Morgan Transport: 2-1-4 / Colony Pod (25; 5 to ten) (2 to pop 2)

- Morgan Interstellar: 1-1-2 (0-3-2 possible) / Rec Tanks (0; 0 to ten) (16 to pop 2)

Notes:

- colony pods are just placeholders till we rush Rec Tanks

- pod gave special energy resources (doesn't Vel has a word about: energy special+rainy+river+uranium = the graal! A base on it, surrounded by uranium, could be some fabulous super-science-city)

- something tells me we wont' colonize beyond Uranium Flats anytime soon: fungus!

- we passed the Believers on the powergraph

Decisions to take before ending turn 2110:

- energy allocation. (I put it by default at 50/0/50 for 7EC + 8 labs) We need some money if we want to rush those 2 remaining Rec Tanks, or even only one of them, but to which priority against getting techs faster, I wouldn't know.

wpc-smac-dg-2110-pre-end.zip

We've pulled ahead of the Believers on the power chart.

attachment.php?attachmentid=4010&d=1267571708

I vote we send a CP over to the clear square next to the monolith just over the border to the east, if we can before contact is made...

DGScreen2110.jpg

I vote we send a CP over to the clear square next to the monolith just over the border to the east' date=' if we can before contact is made...[/quote']

Technically, it'll be up to the future Morgan Interstellar Governator to colonize this area. That should allow him to have a long term planification: one pod rushes there to get the 2 monoliths or ICS gives more bases less spaced. With the new Rec Tanks, and the mineral special, he'll have all cards in hand.

You wanna take control over there, Buncle? :cool:

Mmmaybe. I'm really pretty over-committed right now. Who would take charge of bases I spawned?

Decisions to take before ending turn 2110:

- energy allocation. (I put it by default at 50/0/50 for 7EC + 8 labs) We need some money if we want to rush those 2 remaining Rec Tanks, or even only one of them, but to which priority against getting techs faster, I wouldn't know.

50/0/50 - this is ok. We should get soon more energy and then this allocation will not waste any energy.

For 2111, lets start a new thread, and call it:

MY 2111 - 2120

for now, we will probably play these 10 turns over there.

Such split of mission years makes it easier for someone reading game events.

I would take some governorship, except exploration tasks, for obvious reasons. And Morgan Interstellar seems like the most difficult base at the moment. If there is no future governor wanting it, I would take it.

I would follow others advice regarding where to put a new base.

Mmmaybe. I'm really pretty over-committed right now. Who would take charge of bases I spawned?

That's you.

Or you can give them to someone but that means giving him/her more voting power in federal decisions. (or you can make an agreement like "I give you my base against 2/3 of votes you'll get with it)

Also, don't forget we probably won't keep that rythme of 1 turn/day.

Now again; do I get to look at the turn, open the base, to help me evaluate? I actually don't do anything like that when I'm making screenies, but I could- that part wouldn't be a lot of extra trouble, since I do make the screenies...

I think early in the game: like the next 10 turns, there will be very little to do in a single base. Orders could be issued for several turns ahead, e.g. former to build a mine - takes 8, etc. accumulation of minerals too, with few a turn a single row takes several turns.

I like the idea of 10 turn orders for the base-however I would assume that the game player would notify a player if a minor event occurred in their 'realm' and notify all Morganites if a significant event arose.

Let's continue. We already have 2 players willing to take governorship. We may start with it, and then more people may join to do it.

Let's start thread:

MY 2111 - 2120