Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beta

Foreign Affairs - Official Correspondence

73 posts in this topic

My quick email reply to fed ...

Yes - got your first one and responding officially today. The corn-clams doesn't work, but the gems deal does. Rhoth will be offering it in game.

Followed by his reply ...

Greetings!

No, pals, you made a mistake: we do not want silk;

we want silver or incense.

Can it be done?

Cheers,

Sent to Fed and Rob via PM only

Hey guys, just a quick message via other channels (i.e. PM). I saw that you guys finished up machinery this past turn. I can't send feudalism though as you don't have monarchy. So I sent a monarchy for gold deal in-game. We can consider it a wash even though the gold doesn't equal the value of the tech. If you guys are interested in accepting that then go ahead and send the machinery for feudalism deal.

Beta will be getting back to you through official channels about the gems deal you offered. We also need to discuss next round of techs.

Rhoth

To SC and fed via gmail and RobW via email ...

Greetings Southern Cross,

The feudalism and machinery trade has gone through and we will be finished civil service soon. After that, we propose that we do engineering given our current research rate.

As to resource trades, the corn for clams trade doesn't work for us. We only have one clam resource and already have corn. As to the gems trade, silver is out. We only have one incense, but could trade that for the gems. It's a wash for us but if it helps you out we can do the trade.

We see that you are no longer at war with the Portuguese. We trust all went well, and you achieved your objectives.

So you are aware, we are beginning the invasion of the Viking lands next turn. If you are able to move a force (of any size, really) towards their city of Uppsala, that may provide a good diversion causing them to spread out their forces. If not, no worries.

Looking to hear from you.

Cheers, Beta of Apocalypto

Sent to the Vikings gmail account

Greetings to the Viking empire,

We wish you to know that we hold no personal malice for your team, but we are now at war.

Sincerely,

Rhoth of Apocalypto

from fed of SC via gmail...

Greetings,

As you go to Engineering we go to Guilds; and we

propose to trade said techs.

Cheers,

to fed and SC ...

Greetings friends.

Rhothaerill agreed via in-game chat to trade Engineering for Guilds. This email is to officially confirm that we agree to that tech deal. Can you give us a rough estimate of how many turns it will take you to research Guilds?

Good luck on the next round with the Portuguese. I have taken a recent game save - 1060AD before the Vikings play. I will take them frequently over the next couple of turns.

Regards! Beta of Apocalypto

from fed of Sc via gmail ...

Greetings

Guess 10 turns, maybe a little less.

Cheers,

via gmail from the Vikings ...

Hi,

what about a peace and take out the AIs First?

--

Vikings

Reply to Vikings via gmail ...

To The Viking Civilization:

Thank you for your offer of peace, but we respectfully decline.

Regards, Beta of Apocalypto.

from fed1943 of SC ..

We got Guilds and sent you in-game the

Guilds - Eng. trade proposal.

Cheers,

To the Vikings via gmail ...

To the Honorable Members of the Viking Civilization

The war has drawn to conclusion. We salute your team, and your competitive spirit.

We would also like to extend an invitation to Apocalypto for any of your members that would like to join our team.

Respectfully, Team Apocalypto

to fed and SC via gmail:

Southern Cross.

Greetings from Apocalypto.

We are proposing a tech trade of your gunpowder for our philosophy, when you have completed gunpowder.

Let us know. Thanks!

Beta of Apocalypto.

Replacement Message sent to fed and SC.

Hi guys, Please ignore my earlier message. I am a poor public servant working in foreign affairs, and now the high-powers want my head. :eek: I will be lucky if I get away with a stay in the dungeon. :(

The trade proposal was supposed to include both philo AND paper. Here's the new offical message:

"Southern Cross.

Greetings from Apocalypto.

We are proposing a tech trade of your gunpowder for our philosophy and paper, when you have completed gunpowder.

Let us know. Thanks!

Beta of Apocalypto."

From Fed via gmail

Greetings

We accept the Philo and Paper for Gunpowder trade.

Cheers,

To fed and SC via gmail...

Greetings Southern Cross

As per the discussion in game between Rhothaerill and Rob, we are proposing a trade of Optics for 400 gold. We await your response.

Regards! Beta of Apocalypto

to fed and SC via gmail...

Greetings Southern Cross.

As per the in-game discussion between fed1943 and Rhothaerill, we offer a trade of printing press for banking and 1200 gold. Please let us know if you are in agreement.

Thanks!

Beta of Apocalypto

From Fed via gmail

Greetings,

We propose trade Education for Printing Press+300 gold, instead.

If you still interested for Banking let us know, we'll study an aditional trade.

Cheers,

From fed...

Greetings

Are you interested in Education for Nationalism trade?

Cheers,

and the reply to buy some time:

Greetings fed!

Sorry about our team not getting back to you sooner. Your offer is under discussion, but Beta, who was at the family cottage last week, has to go back out today to meet the septic tank pumping guy. He should be back early in the week and he can get back to you then.

conmcb25

Second Deputy Minister Twice Removed of all that is Lazy and Sucks.

A much belated reply from raf, but a nice gesture nonetheless.

Team Apocalypto,

To my embarassment, I only checked this email today after a nostalgic survey of the DG's progress. I understand your position, and wish it could have gone down some other way. Though I harbor no bitterness, I do not intend to rejoin the game. Even before the fall I informed the team of your open arms. I can only assume that they also decided that a break would be beneficial. Best of luck to you in your endeavors for victory.

raf0485

Sent Beta's message to SC via gmail:

To the Honourable and Mighty Civilization of Southern Cross

It is inevitable that it should come to this: the two greatest civilizations facing off with each other - over a border that has only known friendship and co-operation. But only one civilization can rule in this world, and the Supreme Overlord Charr long ago dictated that it would be the people of Apocalypto, those who follow his true path.

Apocalypto officially declares war on Southern Cross.

May your deaths be honourable and make you worthy of Charr's blessing in the afterlife.

Beta of Apocalypto

From SC...

Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Ka mate! ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Tēnei te tangata pūhuruhuru

Nāna nei i tiki mai whakawhiti te rā

Ā, upane! ka upane!

Ā, upane, ka upane, whiti te ra!

to SC via gmail ...

:lol:

Folks, I started a WAR! thread in the public forum so we can share the fun. And maybe trash talk a wee bit. :) Trust that is OK.

Good luck! But not with the rng! :)

Beta

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0