Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beta

Foreign Affairs - Official Correspondence

73 posts in this topic

For posting of official FA correspondence, both sent and received. Discussion held in appropriate FA team thread.

Sent on Turn 6, 3880BC via gmail.

To: Team Imperialist Swine

Greetings from Team Apocalypto! It is good to meet you in this strange new world of ours.

I am Beta, and I will be the main diplomatic contact with your team. Our diplomatic email address is:

DELETED

My purpose in writing is to establish formal contact between our two teams, and to initiate discussions on relations.

I am sure we both appreciate that peaceful co-existence will benefit our two teams, and that conflict will only weaken us relative to the other civilizations. I simply state that to hopefully set the tone for further constructive discussions.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards, Beta

Apocalypto Ambassador to the Imperialist Swine

Edited by Rhoth

Rec'd from Imperialist Swine on Turn 6, 3880 BC via gmail:

Greetings

All of us at Imperialist Swine would like to wish you good luck, and hope you all have fun.

RMcD94

Foreign Minister

Yep looks like a diplomatic solution is going to work just fine here.......:rolleyes:

Yeah...that's encouraging....

apocalypto10.jpg

"I shall peel his skin and have him watch me wear it"

(been watching today)

(sent to Viking and raf0485)

To: Team Viking

Greetings from Team Apocalypto! Our scout has come upon the borders of your great nation. It is good to meet you in this strange new world of ours.

I am Beta, and I will be the main diplomatic contact with your team. Our diplomatic email address is:

DELETED

My purpose in writing is start discussions on relations between our two teams.

I am sure we both understand that peaceful co-operation would be mutually beneficial, whereas conflict will only weaken us relative to the other civilizations. It is our observation that our civs are sufficiently far apart to remove any tensions over land. It is our hope that this sets the tone for future constructive discussions on trade and co-operation.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards, Beta

Apocalypto Ambassador to Team Viking

Edited by Rhoth

To: Team Apocaluypto

Thank you for your message!

We are looking forward to a peaceful co-operation for man years to come.

Regards,

Team Vikings.

Sent to Imperialist Swine after declaration of war:

Imperialist Swine

As of this turn, the People of the Apocalypse have declared war on your civilization. We hold no ill will for those living a bacon life, but your departed scout saw our settlement situation before his tragic mauling so you realize that this is only a matter of geography. Good luck, but hopefully not with the RNG.

Beta

Ambassador, Apocalypta

Response from Raf via PM

People of the Apocalypse,

It is true that we have happened upon some bad circumstances. It is also true that we realize that this is a matter of geography. This world is simply not big enough for the both of us to live right next door to one another. Know also that we hold no ill will toward you either. But! Do not expect us to run up a white flag. We will fight you, and with all that we have. We will not back down in the face of your aggression. We will stand tall and proud and ultimately victorious. Best of luck to you, as well.

raf0485

They understand?

Well that's almost no fun at all...(hope this is a sign of demogames on this site)

Con's post to the Vikings now that they have contact with the Swine

Dear Vikings,

Greetings! This is conmcb25 filling in for Beta while he is on Holiday in Central American visiting all kinds of ancient ruins. (Lucky Dog!). Hope all is well with your team.

We have been made aware that you have recently made contact with the Imperialist Swine. As such, you also likely know that we are currently engaged in war with those of porkly inclination.

We wish to express that this was a decision forced upon us by the map, finding ourselves pinned on the coastal end of a peninsula with the Swine a mere eight (8) tiles inland from us. The only means we had of safely growing our empire was to slow the growth of the Swine, and unfortunately, the only means to secure that slowing was at the end of a pointy stick.

We are sure you can understand our decisions, and hope to work out a peaceful and cooperative existence with team Viking. We value the opportunities such a relationship can bring about, and hope you feel the same. We have no intentions of turning on anyone next, just needed to secure our own future. It is unfortunate that the map did not provide us a suitable AI neighbor so close, but we can only play the cards we are dealt.

sincerely,

conmcb25

Assistant Deputy Twice Removed Minister of Diplomacy

PS: Please confirm receipt so I know you received this email, thanks!

Rec'd from raf of the Swine via PM today

Beta, I'm certain that you will agree that this war has been drawn out and costly to the both of us. That is why I am asking you what it would take for peace to break out between our teams. What are your terms?

Also, I would like to request that I may share your response with the rest of the team in our private forums.

We eagerly await your response.

raf0485

sent via gmail and PM to raf0485 today

raf0485 and Team Imperialist Swine

Respectfully, the only way there can be peace is the capture of your city and elimination of your team. The nature of the game demands such from us. As indicated previously, we have no personal animosity towards your team. If it is your desire to surrender or to turn over to an AI, we would be glad to work with you and the admins.

Sincerely, Team Apocalypto

sent via gmail per the SC thread

To Team Southern Cross

Greetings to our new neighbours! It is good to meet you. We trust your early endeavours in this new world have been fruitful.

We would like to develop a solid relationship between our two teams. Such a relationship would enhance our mutual security. Also, a good discussion regarding technology could set up future tech trades and potentially reduce the duplication of research.

We look forward to hearing from you. We are also available to chat, if that would work better for you.

Regards,

Beta of Apocalypto

Response received from Southern Cross:

Greetings Beta,

Welcome to our glorious lands, feel free to explore our extensive array of orange border lines!!

We are open to developing closer relations with your illustrious nation, as mutual security and prosperity are subjects close to our hearts. Our wise men are at this very moment ruminating about the prospect of closer technological ties; I'd even go so far as to say that they may have stirred enthusiastically!

We would prefer to continue communication via email for such weighty matters, as it better enables the thread of continuity to be followed by all concerned. If such times arise when more urgent matters need to be resolved, then we feel a switch to chats might better serve our mutual needs.

Please let us know if you forsee a common ground which we may meet upon, and we'd be happy to progress in our discussions.

Yours,

Southern Cross

Sent via gmail to team Viking.

Greetings Vikings

This is Beta again. I'm now back from my vacation. Thanks for your patience. We haven't had a chance to talk since before my vacation so this is just a friendly note to hopefully open up some lines of communication.

You had mentioned in earlier correspondence that you would like to pursue peaceful cooperation. We were wondering if you would like to proceed down that path, as I am sure that both of our nations are very close to being able to trade techs.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Beta

Minister of Foreign Affairs

Apocalypto

Sent to SC via gmail...

Dear Team Southern Cross

We are glad to hear you are doing well. The Apocalypto Team response to your correspondence has been favorable. We are looking forward to solidifying our relationship in the near future.

We would like to start out by saying that we need about 20 turns to finish a Tech, and then we could begin Alphabet, which of course enables Tech trading. If your team is in the process of researching Alphabet now or could possibly begin research sooner then we could start trading techs even sooner.

We would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this matter, and look forward to a mutually rewarding partnership in the future.

I am away from Tuesday to Saturday this week. Please contact Rhothaerill and/or conmcb25 to discuss further or reply via this gmail address.

Regards, Beta of Team Apocalypto

Quick note to Rob via PM, in light of the fact that we'll be on top of one of their non-culture enclosed roads in a couple turns.

Hey I wanted to send you a quick message to let you know that we're just passing through and have no intention of messing with your road, etc.

Rhoth of the Empire of the Apocalypse

And Rob's response:

:lol:

The thought never even entered our minds.......;)

Edited by Rhoth

Response from Southern Cross

Apocalypto

After much discussion, what is eminently clear is that we are united in our desire to forge closer links with those of Apocalyptoan descent.

After crunching numerous scenarios, with the sole aim of co-ordinating tech trading with your good selves, we feel that it would benefit both teams if the matter of researching Alphabet was tasked to your mighty empire. However we tried to work things out we could not beat you 20 turn target without severely curtailing our development.

If you are still on for working through this scenario we are eager to start discussing the finer details of tech pathing to avoid any further unnecessary tech duplication.

Eagerly awaiting further progress in our talks.

Yours,

Southern Cross

ya forgot a piece. (is this in all their corresponence?, and do we know which member sent it...it's rather interesting....)

Kapa o pango kia whakawhenua au i ahau!

Hi aue, hi!

Ko Aotearoa e ngunguru nei!

Au, au, aue ha!

Ko Taki o Autahi e ngunguru nei!

Au, au, aue ha!

I ahaha!

Ka tu te ihiihi

Ka tu te wanawana

Ki runga ki te rangi e tu iho nei, tu iho nei, hi!

Ponga ra!

Taki o Autahi, aue hi!

Ponga ra!

Taki o Autahi, aue hi, ha!

Team of formerly black members your heaven shall be formed (there are a couple possible translations for the other half depending on pronounciation, but my best guess)

Me, I cry

Over there, New Zealand rumbles/cries/growls now/soon.

You, Yours will cry! (be surprised)

Over there, the Southern Cross rumbles/cries/growls now/soon.

You, Yours will cry!

The past is disappointing

You will stand afraid

You will stand quivering

I think at the end of the day we will cast you down, we cast you down, we

Our trees are here (not sure of the first word on this one)

Southern cross are we

Our trees are here

Southern cross are we

Sent via gmail to SC.

Dear Southern Cross

We were pleased to hear that you look upon a tech trading arrangement as favourably as we do. To start things off in an open and trusting manner we will reveal what technologies we have, and what we are in the process of researching.

Have:

Wheel

Agriculture

Hunting

Mining

Fishing

Writing

Pottery

Animal Husbandry

Hunting

Bronze Working

Researching:

Math

Masonry

Construction

We will then commence research on Alphabet so we can trade technologies.

We will be finished Alphabet at or around Turn 115.

We propose that the initial trade be Math for Mysticism, Meditation and Priesthood. We can then work on the second round of trades.

Does this work for Southern Cross?

Regards,

Beta of Apocalypto

Received from Southern Cross

Greetings once again Apocalypto!

Great to hear your thoughts in more detail regarding tech trading. To reciprocate your open and forthcoming opening offer we would like to respond in an equally friendly manner.

We have already researched:

The Wheel

Agriculture

Hunting

Mysticism

Mining

Pottery

Animal Husbandry

Masonry

Bronze Working

Iron Working

and are just about to get Fishing.

We then plan to research:

Writing

After that we are not entirely certain what we are going to research and is the subject of much talk in our nation. A great deal depends on the game situation when we finish Writing, and how our talks with you go, but we are aiming at Metal Casting, Calendar, or Currency. Unfortunately, we have no interest at present in exploring the religious tech path as we see little benefit in this path in the near future, and other needs are far more pressing for our nations growth.

So, where do we go from here?

Our first proposal is that you switch straight to Alphabet once you finish researching Mathematics. We have Masonry and will be more than happy to trade it with you as soon as we can, and the sooner we combine tech research the better for both of us. We appreciate that you are having a bit of rough and tumble with The Swine, but we think a small sacrifice now will yield greater gains later.

Our second proposal is our initial tech trades. We suggest trading Alphabet (483) for Iron Working and Masonry (450), with more trades as soon as possible after that.

Please be secure in the knowdege that we have no interest in trading with other civs under the table, and would like to put our entire efforts into strengthening both our nations in relation to all the other barbarious types out there. We appreciate that exchanging Alphabet may not have been in your initial thoughts, but we are more than happy to help you on your way to Construction in return, and to provide Iron Working, a most powerful military technology to complement your martial endevours. Again, to reiterate, by exchanging Alphabet for Iron Working and Masonry, we propose to agree to a mutually exclusive trade agreement, except where technologies trades can be made for other techs not currently part of our joint tech plan i.e. religious techs etc. If you agree we can work out the finer points of this area as soon as possible.

We believe that by securing this historic trade agreement now, we can both move on to stronger ties in the near future, and aid each other in, shall we say, other more delicate aspects of maintaining a healthy nation in these troubled times.....

Please consider our proposals as soon as is convenient for you. We hope that what we offer is the foundation to a long and mutually beneficial realtionship.

Awaiting your considered reply,

Southern Cross

--

Kapa o pango kia whakawhenua au i ahau!

Hi aue, hi!

Ko Aotearoa e ngunguru nei!

Au, au, aue ha!

Ko Taki o Autahi e ngunguru nei!

Au, au, aue ha!

I ahaha!

Ka tu te ihiihi

Ka tu te wanawana

Ki runga ki te rangi e tu iho nei, tu iho nei, hi!

Ponga ra!

Taki o Autahi, aue hi!

Ponga ra!

Taki o Autahi, aue hi, ha!

Team of formerly black members your heaven shall be formed (there are a couple possible translations for the other half depending on pronounciation, but my best guess)

Better interpretation of the first line:

Team of ancient heavenly bodies in the black (it's entirely possible black is another word for sky, but if so such interpretation is unknown to me)

Me, I cry

Over there, New Zealand rumbles/cries/growls now/soon.

You, Yours will cry! (be surprised)

Over there, the Southern Cross rumbles/cries/growls now/soon.

You, Yours will cry!

The past is disappointing

You will stand afraid

You will stand quivering

I think at the end of the day we will cast you down, we cast you down, we

Our trees are here (not sure of the first word on this one)

Southern cross are we

Our trees are here

Southern cross are we

Better interpretation of the end of their messages.

Still confused about the tree bit at the end. Maybe trees have some significance that is lost on me. The word is definitely the name of a type of tree...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0