Mart

Morganities Landing Site

46 posts in this topic

As for me, we can proceed to 2102 on Saturday.

Meanwhile, the whole Friday would be for discussion. Unless there will be someone willing to be the "right hand" of XO for one day.

Maybe as the person with the most time, I should volunteer. I don't feel equal to it as a newb to this, but I guess I can't screw up if I only do as I'm told.

I do not feel strongly about this; I'm easy. :tramp:

We still do not have specific orders for all units, or general faction development plans for near future.

Right. I'm just saying that maybe the most on the spot guy is best. I dunno.

[roleplay narration]

Major Julian Dorn, who is Military Commander of Strategic Forces seems like a person with whom CEO Morgan would not have any problems appointing as a new XO. Especially in a situation when the ship breaks apart and to survive, people need to flee to the planet's surface.

[/roleplay narration]

How about we make plans for the turn, and if we discuss everything by Saturday when Vishniac is back, someone would play 2101? I mean also, BU, you could play it.

I'm game either way. I wasn't clear about when you wanted to start, and felt it my duty to offer myself. I'd rather Vish did it. :b: I'm available as backup, if needed and no on else better suited will step up.

How large are those unit stacks? One scout + one colony pod each?

One scout + one colony pod each?

:yes:

For the news, I thought we could use this screenie, just 400x187 pixels. Would be enough size, and the same as previous news item.

smacchiron01e400.jpg

That looks good. You want to write something, or shall I? Are we ready to go on this now?

You are welcome to prepare a news item, BU. Thank you for taking care of this.

Unorthodox, it is a good idea to explicitly tell, that we are starting now, thank you for pointing to it.

It will be just around the time Civ5 is announced.

Which thread should I follow if I want to take part in the game?

... all of them in the subforum. :)

Ok, so more seriously, the situation looks like this:

Our spaceship is trash.

We are stranded on an alien planet with 4 colony pods and 4 scouting units capable to travel outside.

We are part of the survivors, the rest landed elsewhere to pursue their sick-minded other ideologies

Major Julian Dorn, who is Military Commander of Strategic Forces on Unity Mission took over XO position and practically runs this circus with CEO's Morgan backing.

... all of them in the subforum. :)

This is not going to work. I have already installed a browser program that will "lock" me out of WPC and other time-drain sites after a certain amount of time. I will pick one thread and respond to it exclusively with my input. The only alternative is for me not to participate at all and get on with real-life stuff.

So what do we do now?

Apart from establishing bases to have some place to live and breath, we can do some other things. Organization of our social system would be one of them.

Morgan will most likely push for corporate structure of society.

... I will pick one thread and respond to it exclusively with my input. ...

I think threads like MY2101, MY2102, and so on will be the ones with actual game play, units moves, plans, screenies, etc.

Other threads may be more general re turns, e.g we might open so-called Embassies threads to talk about specific faction affairs. Or maybe separate thread for long-time strategic planing.