Mart

Morganities Landing Site

46 posts in this topic

smacchiron01e600.jpg

Below is where Morganities land.

Sheng-Ji Yang, the XO of UNS Unity is not among them. There will be needed new XO (turnplayer) for the landing party.

wpcsmacdg01start01.jpg

Ah, good place: 3 rivers, mesa, monoliths... We'll need all that! :D

A few questions before playing the turn:

- the four places seem indeed ideal for the 4 bases but which one to found first to be the capital? I'd say the one above (at 12h00) for efficiency reasons. There is room to expand around while the others are peripheric (I don't foresee many seabases anytime soon)

- what is the policy with goodie pods? Popping them as soon as possible to get commlinks/tech/artifact/money/worm to burn or keeping them until we have something to instabuild in hope of a material pod? Since we don't need anything in short time, we can at least wait until Centaury Ecology (a synth-former is always better) or even Biogenetics (instant Rec Tanks). I'd say we wait and use the scouts to explore/walk the fungus.

- first build at each base: a) synthmetal everywhere? Or b) synthmetal only at 1 or 2 bases (the 2 above, most exposed) and scouts everywhere else? Or c) scouts everywhere (to spare minerals for formers later)? I'd say b) (next question would be to decide to rush them or not)

which one to found first to be the capital? I'd say the one above (at 12h00) for efficiency reasons.
That sounds pretty good. I always like to build the Merchant Exchange in my captial later for the same reason.

Oh, wow, we started.

Someone should get this up as news...

Could be all flowery/roleplay language, but needs to be in the news with a link here to spur activity.

Build the HQ at 12 oclock as Vish says.

I believe we should pop those pods as soon as possible. Precious life saving equipment will be left rotting in those pods otherwise!

Build scouts everywhere!

Reminder: I think Mart wants someone to step up to the plate to be the XO (Turnplayer)

Building at the 12 o clock point will pretty much ensure the adjacent pod will be a goody rather than a baddie, too.

12 o clock as Morgan Industries (HQ) gets my vote. Although it has more fungus covering its river squares, those will be easily removable in the short run, resulting in greater energy gains in the long run.

Edit: It also appears to have potential high-altitude solar-energy-friendly squares within base distance to the SE.

I would agree to collecting all of the unity pods. After all, we wouldn't want anything to happen to them while we let them languished. If we survived planetfall, I'm sure somebody else did as well. And they might not be too far off.

Ohmygod! I can't believe that's displaying at that size! Grak, you have the biggest -- avatar at WPC. Wow.

Agreed about the pod popping, too. Pods are pretty carpe diem; we need the scant resources early to get established, rather than later. We can probably go after sea pods for some hope of materials pods later.

Edited by Buster's Uncle

I'm still not seeing this on the news. Who do we talk to around this place?

And if worst comes to worst and the pods are mindworms, it's still probably better for us to hit them now while the "early turn bonus" is active and before we've switched to Free Market.

I'm still not seeing this on the news. Who do we talk to around this place?

I think admins of WPC can do it, not sure if regular users can submit site news.

Late evening today or early tomorrow there will be 2101 save available, and that might be good moment for the news.

What's stopping you?

No online account, nor creditcard.

No online account, nor creditcard.

Did you loose your old smacx copy?

1. The location with the 2 monoliths in range is definitely the best for HQ. With 2 food coming in from every location, I think it will be possible to build a CP right after the initial scout to maximize early expansion speed.

2. I also vote for popping those pods ASAP. Early goodies can accelerate the game significantly.

3. I wouldn't bother building synth defenders this early. Only native life can attack so early and for that the armor does not help.

We will need decision who is going to be turnplayer. Right after planetfall, I can imagine, that would be Morgan's "right hand."

So, who's the CEO's right hand? Has he decided yet? Who are the candidates?

Let's see who we have in the faction:

- Buncle aka Dectec Carl Buncle, Assistant Jobtech in Creative Décoration

- Dolgo aka Dr Alexander Dolgorukov, Terraformer in chief

- Zsozso aka Pr Jefferson Zsozso Mercenary, Chief scientist

- RMcD94 aka Sorian David McRoss, Head of Religious Authority

- Me aka Major Julian Dorn, Military Commander Strategic Forces

- Maniac, Psych Chaplain

Let's see who we have in the faction:

Some people are just as themselves. They did not write anything in Unity Crew thread. But then, they will have to post here, that they can be the turnplayer.

One more thing - the turnplayer would be also a function that will change players. They could be for a term or other time unit, number of turns, etc. For obvious reasons. Sometimes we would need temprary replacement, like for a turn or two. The first turnplayer could be for the early years. And then - whatever happens in the faction. We will create Morganities future.

My proposal would be to have the XO until some political system in the faction emerges. What system and when - I have no idea.

"Have the XO"? You mean you'll do it to start off, or what?

A thing I suppose we ought to ask is, who's willing/feels able to be the turnplayer? Not me, really, at the present.

Not me either. Both I do not want and should not turnplay.

I'm a regular player from now on. And even restricted due to having some knowledge I should not posses.

I can't be a turn player till I fix my laptop. Rules me out. I think also I should change my name. I was having a bit of a joke with that.

A thing I suppose we ought to ask is' date=' who's willing/feels able to be the turnplayer?[/quote']

Me. After all, it's just about implementing the decisions agreed on the thread.

But not until saturday.