Buster's Uncle

Book Club Café

50 posts in this topic

Welcome to the Book Club Café

picture.php?albumid=23&pictureid=362

This is the place to discuss the works presented here by Morgan Publishing for you enjoyment. This is your chance to give the authors the only compensation Morgan Media intends to provide the best payment of all for your reading pleasure- your applause and commentary. This is your opportunity to discuss our thrilling fiction with our unpaid, broke and broken, starving (for approval and grocery money alike) writers themselves!

So pour yourself a cup of expresso, get comfortable, and let fly with that commentary! Our bitter, frustrated eager authors are futilely waiting alone by the phone standing by, so make them feel less like they just as well threw the pages in the air loved.

picture.php?albumid=23&pictureid=363picture.php?albumid=23&pictureid=365

Edited by Buster's Uncle

Sounds like Carl is an exceptional character in the group with both mental stability and physical capability. Looking forward for the second chapter to be uploaded to the scanners. Nicely written backstory of the man who is eminently suited for the skeleton crew of the Unity.

Edited by bdanv
added the link to the commented post

I kinda wanna see what happens next, too.

(I'd also love to know why Nugog is apparently reporting the OP...)

( ? reporting the OP ? Can't have feedback in the Demo Game thread or what else is the prob?)

Well, he is a CIVilian punk, and therefore probably looking to sabotage us...

Someone just expressed to me a feeling of not being able to measure up to my first installment of the Buncle story. :swelled head:

-I just want to say that this is a thing where the project needs it soon more than it needs it good. If you've got a story- even just an idea- jot down what you can and throw it up.

If you feel unequal to the task, I will be very happy to help you out however I can- advice, talking story, proofreading, whatever. That's what the edit button is for. Don't sweat it; just do what you can.

I was afraid before I began my story, too- I'd promised Mart I'd put something up soonest after he started the thread. Only the obligation and a slow day on the boards got it out of me so soon.

These things can work themselves out as you go if you just bring up that word processor and do it. You can do what I did; I didn't wait until I had the whole story in my head. I wrote down a lot of the little I did have, filling in details as I wrote, as the first installement in a serial format. I have a plot point in mind for a future installment, but I'm basically waiting for inspiration- mostly from you.

Just do it. :yes:

Great post buncle, reminds me of a movie I watched last night called Moon. I'd write something, but Sci-fi is hard for me to write. Grogan monsteresque fantasy is more up my alley...

Do what I did. Make up a character- the character entry I put up up in the Unity Crew thread is pure jokes, mind you- think a little about how your character might seriously fit into the ship, or the society of the Morganites and how they qualified to go on the colonizing trip, and you're halfway to having a story. I didn't wait until I had a whole story or even a plot to write and post something.

It's not easy, exactly, but it's just a matter of putting together some puzzle pieces and than doing the work. You have a fluent command of written English; you'll do fine.

You might try doing a comedy...

I have done comedy in the past. 'bout 10 years ago now, I, at the formative age of Zack, won the Apolyton story contest with "Crazed Greek Wanderings" amid other half-finished masterworks. I would post a link but poly went p***a.

Is it possible to ret-con the story? Or does the story have to proceed with previous postings?

I'm not sure. Not sure I follow, either. Something to discuss, I guess. I think perhaps I will be enjoying Space Homies but maybe sorta ignoring it for continuity purposes...

I have something in mind, but prefer to wait until presently started plots develop a bit, so I know if it fits the story.

It may take some time, before we start the game there is much to do with scenario. Go ahead with your plots meanwhile.

I was thinking about something on Unity, so it will fit as long as the story does not move to Planet's surface. I guess you would give me a warning...

Oh, the Space Homies are not my babies... so you can but caps in their asses... man I got drunk last night when I wrote that.

Me: Valentines Vodka yummy! Let's put on some hiphop and write something for Buncle!

-today-

Me: Valentines Vodka was not my best plan eVar.

I loved it, dude. Don't sweat it.

-You might think about some revisions to bring it closer to being in line with some sort of more-easily acceptable reality, mind you, (and frankly, it does come off racist- just sayin') but you did what we needed-

You wrote something and posted it. Good man. :b:

Man, I was going for 'over the top' racist... :(

I mean it non-critically when I say this is a public forum, and that's not a great idea...

You may well have. It has the virtue of being the simplest, most straightforward approach. :nod:

-I think these characters can be useful- there are drones in the game early enough for them to have not necessarily been born on Planet- and in a few words you've invented a political reason to have some on the ship. Continuity discrepancies are easy to write off as recreational intoxicants affecting J's view of reality, IMAO. (Tha 40's of da future are mad potent, yo.)

So, why is the J-krew awake already? What is their function on the skeleton underway staff? Something to think about and work in next time...

I need to mention that I am feeling bored and lonely beyond words, and some story discussion, and indeed more stories posted to talk about, would be just the ticket.

I'll gladly entertain questions and suggestions about They Also Serve.

I'd furthermore submit that we might profit from discussion about the shape of the thing we're doing in Moran Publishing. I have a fuzzy, tentative, vision of my quiet everyman Carl ultimately serving as a unifying thread that pulls it all together. I give license to others to use him in your stories -provided you respect my vision of him should I have any suggestions about appearances he makes. I'd like the permission of others to do the same.

It can add to the whole if we are each other's supporting cast to some extent. If you want want to have Carl in the corner fixing something in a scene or too, great. Just remember that he's brighter than he pretends to be, doesn't always talk a whole lot, but does speak when spoken to and is generally deferential, but amiable.

I need the same kind of details for your character, if this sounds agreeable. A good start would be posting a story. A preliminary step to having enough details to get started writing would be to make up the details of your character's presence and manner, and post here or in the crew thread.

Anybody game? Talk to me, please.

Mart; I like your untitled story so far. A mystery! I want to see what happens next. I wonder how this seemingly unwell woman is going to make it onto the Unity expedition and to Planet...