Buster's Uncle

Cheer me up...

749 posts in this topic

I hate men.

You guys exercise a few minutes each day and suddenly you lose weight.

You swine :mad:

:)

Can we help it your body senses it needs to prepare for child-bearing? :huh:

;)

I need for this place to be busy in ways I find interesting.

...I'm beginning to despise Civ5....

You feel it takes away attention?

I see not an unusual complement of members hanging around, but they're not much posting here or in SMAC. I'm bored at a time when I need company.

I hope that was an innocent question.

Your hope is essentially correct. :nod:

I just thought you seem to "live up" more if there's a "could-be" nag in a question. ;)

I'm a little paranoid by nature; that's maybe not a great idea when I'm this blue.

Being blue is just part of the cycle.

Believe me, I know.

I.Can't.tell.a lie. ;)

I thought I'd said the first.

You can't? Lies have their positive applications, but people do it too much.

Just repeating then.

And using the ";)" smilie means not to take things posted too seriously.

Oh, I take everything too seriously. (Except when I don't.) I am a man of considerable enthusiasm.

Hey BU have a read of this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8493149.stm

"There is a strong link between heavy internet use and depression, UK psychologists have said."

and the whole series of 'The Virtual Revolution' is worth watching if you can find it outside of the bbc i-player thing:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00n4j0r

-------------------------------------

Mostly we need reality(sorry Borg fans!), and all the pain and hassel and trouble it brings with it. Mostly we need human contact over the virtual.

We are monkeys(sorry religious doctrine types!), more comfortable with scratching our arses and grooming one another than trying to worry our way around mortgage repayments and filling out our tax forms.

Go be yourself, dont be afraid. Find your inner monkey. ;)

But you know all this.

Look for other social groups to join in, you must have local papers that contain that sort of info. Find something......else, something new even(for example can you knit?).

I know as we get older it becomes harder to go over the same kind of painful territory over and over(you've got the T-shirt etc), but just relax about it and good things can happen(well bad can also happen, but that's the punt we all take isnt it?).

'once more unto the breach dear friends' and all that.

Life for most of us isnt going to be easy, the lucky few can breeze along doing as they wish, the unlucky majority have lives often too desperate to even contemplate, and yet even in those places i've seen warmth and happiness that the richest hollywood star can only dream about(or act out in their movies).

And remember it is you that has the power over your destiny, it may not always go to plan, but it's your life and your influence over it is in your hands.

To me it just sounds like you need to try something different, thats all :)

And now Real Life calls me away until tomorrow.

I'm having a long trip/break-from-rut in about a week.

And yes, no slight intended to anyone when I call you all not real, or semi-imaginary, but I have to try to maintain that slight emotional distance to help me handle it all. I'm very aware of the difference between analog and digital -very aware- but digital has its advantages, too.

Still, I need to either stop thinking about the World, the Flesh and the Devil, or do something about it. Digital's no help there.

You have clearly recogized two of the 4 truths. You are working diligently on the 3rd truth but there are problems with the negative karma that Others are throwing your way. And I see that you are definitely working on the Noble path. So rather than feel down about how you may feel, you should feel gratified on how far you have came.

You have exceeded my knowledge of the Buddha's teaching; pray elaborate on the 4 truths. I'll be back later to discuss.

I need a woman. Smoke that, Buddha.

Truth #1 - Recognize that there is suffering

Truth #2 - Determine the caues of suffering. The suffering may be caused by unresolved wants/desires or ignorance in not seeing the world on how it is.

Truth #3 - Recogize that there is an end of suffering. This end could be from the end of life or by achieving a state free of suffering (nirvana).

Truth #4 -The eightfold path to achieving the end of suffering. The eight items are:

Right Understanding, Right Thought, Right Speech, Right Action, Right Livelihood, Right Effort, Right Mindfulness and Right Concentration.

Okay; this is not new stuff to to me, but not so familiar or recent that I could have broken it down that way. I want to think it over before I comment further.

I am now erranded, fed, exercised (I also took a walk, Nugog,) and bathed. Also, did a little something useful to WPC before all that. I am still not in a good mood, but I smell of lavender and pomegranate, and I no longer feel like slitting my throat, as I did this morning.

Maniac, I timed it today, and my workout took nine minutes- five of it resting between sets, (sets because this was my back day, at which I'm having to work harder for the nonce.)

I haven't decided whether to take the seventh day off, yet; my body would probably thank me, even though each set of muscles gets every other day off. It is not my usual practice, but I am very tired, physically. Balanced against this is my psychic need to know I made myself do it another day. Before everyone jumps in to tell me to take Tuesday off, remember that this is not a trivial concern; my body can take it, if it must.

My good ol' friend, BUncle!

First of all I sincerely regret, that I did not find this thread earlier, and wasn't here in time to offer you a shoulder to cry on. I can assure you, that you are very much valued, loved* and respected member of this cyber-community. Of course, you still need some fresh-and-blood friends to hang out with, but I am sure you have others apart from the chess club. You can also find new ones with your friendly, easy going attitude and good humour.

* - yes, I'm sure Ali is included in those who love you ;)

I regret it, too. I know you guys love me back. (I know Ali loves me back. Issues of how much apply to all of you, actually.) But I'm having a spell where I need to hear it, and there's no good way to ask.

I can't just say "Hey! I'm suicidally depressed! Tell me how great I am and how much you love me!" Doesn't work like that. Thank you very much for the kind words, zso. If you haven't seen it yet, I have a treat for you on page two of the Evil Empire Comments thread...

BTW, not too late to provide a shoulder. I'm going to be a while pulling back out of it completely. That's part of the cycle, too.

You're a good man, BU.
Hearing that that never gets old.

It's mutual, buddy. It is so freakin' good to have you back around.

Remember one thing: spring will be there before you know it. At least, if the weather coöperates.