Lancer

Pics of the construction of Zkribbler's house in the Philippines

3,961 posts in this topic

Zkrib might post his pics at Poly or he might post them here in which case he'll make his own thread. We pick him up at the airport in Tag tomorrow morning.

If you guys don't know Zkrib, he's my close friend who will look in here soon likely.

Zkrib's seawall, almost done.

may5001.jpg

From the flip side showing the posts of his future home. You can see the gravel that was removed yesterday to feed my hungry cement mixer.

may5002.jpg

Edited by Lancer

These are his steps. there were 15 but now down to 11 as the gravel has been deposited by a recent storm. At my place the gravel comes and goes at the whim of tides and currents. This might just end up in the mixer if that's what Zkrib wants.

may5003.jpg

From the top of the wall a couple of guys next door working on their bunka boat.

may5004.jpg

pizza

pretzels

kitchenaid meatballs

pizza dough

meatballs

sauce http://pizza.about.com/od/PizzaSaucesAndToppings/r/New-York-Style-Pizza-Sauce-Recipe.htm

press

Edited by Lancer

Part of the crew hand mixing fine sand and cement to finish the far side wall.

may5006.jpg

Another view from the top of the wall. This will be the view from Zkrib's downstairs windows.

may5007.jpg

Myself and the other part of the crew moved gravel which was piled above.

may5008.jpg

Irish the daughter of Rigo took that last pic. The guys fill buckets and other guys pull them up and pile the gravel and toss down the buckets. I'm amazed how much gravel we moved very quickly.

may5009.jpg

I got to work up above as well. It encourages the crew and they poured it on, great guys. They are all either family and or friends. :b:

may5011.jpg

While I was busy I let Irish wander around and take pics of whatever. She got this great shot of the house construction. With Zkrib coming tomorrow the house will likely resume soon if that's what he wants.

may5025.jpg

...and this great shot of herself. :D

may5026.jpg

The sun got hot. I worked about 3 hours then walked to my place and went swimmin.

may5033.jpg

On the way I first took a couple pics of the finishing on the far side...

may5036.jpg

may5029.jpg

Got to my place where Tina, now joined by Irish were getting ready with the food for the workers lunch. Zkrib provides the best crew lunch in these islands, the envy of all.

may5037.jpg

Tina is the cousin of my wife and the sister of NetNet who is engaged to Aeson. :)

may5038.jpg

That's it!

Edited by Lancer

How long has it taken so far Lancer?

may5036.jpg

There appears to be one, possibly two persons, trapped inside the seawall ^^

I'm not sure, 3 months maybe? All the workers together get paid what one does in the US according to Zkrib and he pays them better than the going wage here. Its the materials that get you, not really the labor.

"There appears to be one, possibly two persons, trapped inside the seawall ^^"

Faces in the wet cement?

Sarge, your focus determines your reality. You also want to be a diety or whatever its called here. Life is full of choices. :)

Faces in the wet cement?

No, hands.

Sarge, your focus determines your reality. You also want to be a diety or whatever its called here. Life is full of choices. :)

God no. Just taking an interest is all.

Second bit was replying to Sergeant P. A. Muldoon.

Hands... oh on top in the light color bit? :D I have a friend that sees faces in everything but I can't always see them. This trip I see a huge heart shape in some trees the way the branches and leaves go.

Second bit was replying to Sergeant P. A. Muldoon.

My mistake. :)

Hands... oh on top in the light color bit? :D I have a friend that sees faces in everything but I can't always see them. This trip I see a huge heart shape in some trees the way the branches and leaves go.

Actually I'm referring to the... drain pipes? popping out of the sea wall.

Yup, property drainage and gray water, sinks & showers. Hopefully no workers stuck back there flaking off...;)

All that soap being dumped directly in the ocean must negatively effect water quality. Especially if everyone in the PI does it.

That beach front doesn't look too busy, I guess if it's just grey water no problem (I'm assuming "brown water" goes elsewhere).

In the tropics the seas are devoid of algae, the water quite clear and good for swimming. Combination of warm temps and high salt content due to evaporation keep it that way. We never have to worry about blooms and cold beaches like they do in temperate climates.

You just never want to swim in fresh water here, ever.

Brown water goes to a septic...

Lancer,

What is that thing that looks like a launch ramp?

may5007.jpg

Good eye Supr49er, I've been waiting for someone to ask that. What you circled is the head of a conveyor that goes miles up into the hills and carries crushed fine limestone down to the ocean. Barges and sometimes large ships pull in there and they fill them up. There are tugboats that ply the waters right out in front of our houses pushing and pulling and sometimes sending them aground in their lighthearted filipino way. Great fun to watch when its active. You'll see pics of that stuff too. Been a little quiet there recently.

Wow, I never would have guessed that. It would be cool to see. :b:

a conveyor that goes miles up into the hills and carries crushed fine limestone down to the ocean. Barges and sometimes large ships pull in there and they fill them up.

Would this be for ballast and stabilization, by any chance?

I'm guessing it's nothing to do with digestion. (Which is why birds sometimes eat pebbles.)

Limestone is used in ceramics I believe, not sure though.