Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

Buster's Uncle

Promoting the DG

60 posts in this topic

Thank you. I'm happy with it.

-I should have reported back before I went to supper, but the Front page item has been up for about an hour.

- The copy is pretty pedestrian, but I think that's one HECK of a vivid image.

I just saw the image on the front page. Great work!

:broc:

Few years back, when making a demogame on Apolyton we found very active German civilization site re SMAC:

http://www.civforum.de/forumdisplay.php?f=18

And then, they were completing their second demogame. I just visited it again to find out, that they started recently (December 2009) the third demogame! It looks like two human teams: Believers versus Spartans.

I don't think we are going to recruit anyone from there.

They play Believers versus Spartans. Interesting choice, two military oriented factions.

And they have like 15+ players. Germany is quite a place for SMAC.

Edited by Mart

I think we can do as well as that, eventually. My plan for the alternate DG thing requires those sorts of numbers anyway (so I hope we can)

They play Believers versus Spartans. Interesting choice, two military oriented factions.

i think they are playing with a slightly modified alpha.txt file

i think they are playing with a slightly modified alpha.txt file

Do you speak German? (I don't) What did they do, and how did they solve multiplayer gaming issue, was it making a mod?

Do you speak German? (I don't)

no. i used some translation tool (i don't remember right now which one)

What did they do, and how did they solve multiplayer gaming issue, was it making a mod?

i lost interest in following their discussion when i found out that. they were struggling to meet the numbers for a MP DG at that time.

We are somewhat interested how they are doing with the demogame over there. They were able to start a 2-human faction DG. And they are maybe using modified alpha.txt (or is it smax alphax.txt?)

Interesting place to check once in a while.

-Do I count right that we have two people with DG sig links? Vish, why not add a link to the folder in the Dorn stuff?

Anyone else?

Honestly, if someone doesn't know here that we are in a DG, they are blind.

If you could just...you know...tell me how to do it.

I HATE (a lot of things!) having to guess how to do this and that on my computer.

Hold on- I know how, but explaining how is a horse of a different color.

Sizes can be manipulated using the -get this- sizes box next to font. Size 2 is normal text. I think you already knew this, but to be sure...

To embed a link, first copy it out of the address bar at the destination. Go to the message, in this case your sig, highlight the word or phrase you want to embed it in, and hit that blue globe with an arrow under it at the top of the compose box.

Paste the link into the box that pops up.

Very simple, very easy.

just a heads-up: we can use the announcement option for the AC General forum as well as for the SMACX DG subforum. (like the CIVilians here - the 'Notices' box)