Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

Dale

Welcome to SMAC Democracy Game

20 posts in this topic

This forum is the public forum for the 1st WPC SMAC DG!

Please keep all topics here related to the DG.

Look, I'll do it if you're dumb enough to risk it. I do half a mod's job already in SMAC and since you seem to be hinting... I'll do a good job, and be gentle, even.

-You might consider Mart, though.

I thought of Mart, since he's been pretty much running the rules discussion. But it would have to be up to him.

I have little experience as a moderator of a forum, but I could try. Is Dan also a moderator, as being mod for whole SMAC section?

My activity here is recently large, but sometimes I may be without internet access for a day or two.

Yes, Dan has ingerited mod abilities here.

Really, you would just be organising the welcome, signup and rules threads. It's not that big a thing after it's all setup. :)

Another demo game thread?

My position: I'd like to play a nice simple DG with several other players. Ideally, it would be collaborative rather than competitive, and I'm not yet familiar enough with the format to go for a complex backstabbing Diplomacy-style game at this time.

Ideally, it would be a faction that I am very shaky with in my own playing, such as the Morganites or the PKs.

I think we will crash land as Morganities. There is already support of 4 persons for that, Bdanv, Alinestra, Vishniac and Mart, as I count. Unless there will be 5 players explicitly asking another faction, we will be filthy EC rich...

Alrighty, I have a question. I've never really done anything like this before, and I'm not really sure what exactly a DG actually is. Anyone mind elaborating a bit for a newby?

Democracy game - the human players are all part of one (or a few) factions in-game, and make decisions based on consensus.