Rhoth

The Thread of Names

107 posts in this topic

If no one else names a Canus Soldier then I'm going to name it Dingo after the new dog we picked up two days ago (a chihuahua mix that has Australian Shepherd coloring). My wife found him in the park with no tags, chip, etc. We checked Craigslist and the local animal shelter but no one has reported him missing and no one has responded correctly to the found dog posting. So we're keeping him. He's a nice dog, though not completely house trained yet.

If no one else names a Canus Soldier then I'm going to name it Dingo after the new dog we picked up two days ago (a chihuahua mix that has Australian Shepherd coloring). My wife found him in the park with no tags, chip, etc. We checked Craigslist and the local animal shelter but no one has reported him missing and no one has responded correctly to the found dog posting. So we're keeping him. He's a nice dog, though not completely house trained yet.

Nice! I'm sure he improved his lot in life. :b:

And great name! :b: :b:

We'll need names for the two healer chariots upcoming (one next turn, one in three turns).

I was thinking some real life healer would be a good name. Any preferences?

Iakona: http://www.babynamer.com/Iakona

I'm not sure if it's my turn to name one tho...

I don't think it matters anymore. If you want to name something then go ahead. :)

Ya. I am just trying to think up good names for cities to be honest. :D

Uno had a good list of various names of the underworld or places associated with it.

Valhalla may be a good name. :lol:

Uno had a good list of various names of the underworld or places associated with it.

Valhalla would be great for Larvik if we keep it. :D

We'll need a name for the fur/silver city eventually, and any other Viking cities we capture.

The nine worlds, actually.

Norse_Nine_Worlds.jpg

We are standing in Midgard, Jotunheim is to the east, land of giants. Niflheim to the north, land of cold (for dishonored dead). Vanaheim, land of fire to the west. Asgard up top (where the halls of valhalla lie), Helheim below (sometimes just Hel, home of those not worthy of Valhalla, but not needing to be punished in Niflheim).

I'm afraid I don't know much about the other 3 off top of my head.

All held up by Yggdrasill. There's a number of intermediate locations and/or alternate names as well.

Edited by Unorthodox

Okay so we have the Canus Soldier naming designation for maces and pikes, our names for knights, and Cthulhu names for the archers...what kind of naming convention do we want for muskets and rifles?

We have a musket that needs to be named from the turn 204 thread.

:b: Some great names. Naberius. Astaroth.

Wow. Props for bringing up obscure demonology texts. :b:

Personally I prefer the Mafteah Shelomoh, but the Heirarchy of Demons is a fine place to begin one's study.

We have four cavalry and three rifles that all need new names. Get cracking! :doitnow!:

Okie doke. First two are into the orders. The next two will be next turn.

Still need rifle names.

We have four cavalry and three rifles that all need new names. Get cracking! :doitnow!:

Cavalry - Man 'O war. Sea Biscuit. Northern Dancer. Hidalgo. :)

Ah, okay. I could put the Stooges for the rifles then.

:lol: Or - in honour of donald - hewey, dewey, and louie (lewey)????

Cavalry - Man 'O war. Sea Biscuit. Northern Dancer. Hidalgo. :)

:b: for the cav's

:lol: Or - in honour of donald - hewey, dewey, and louie (lewey)????

This! I like em! :D

As long as I have con's revenge and conislazyandsucks

Im a happy camper, you guys can name anything else whatever you like :)

I would also like: Daisy, Uncle Scrooge and Gladstone Gander :p

I'll start the grenadiers with duck names. :)

I'll start the grenadiers with duck names. :)

Mallardhead for one then. It was an old inside joke between my other brother and me - a play on mallet head.