Alinestra Covelia

SMAC Democracy game?

98 posts in this topic

Does anybody want to start one of these? We're all members of the ruling council on one of the factions and we take votes and make discussion of what to do in a game.

The ACDGs after #3 all had a serious lack of activity. But who knows, with Buster's Uncle around that problem might be solved. :D

Okay; if :love:you two:love: say I should, I'm in.

SMAC rulz, CIV drools!

SMAC rulz' date=' CIV drools![/b']

Except when the two are combined of course. :mad:

Yessir; yes, of course.

Someone should try that; it would be awesome...

Apparently some people are even working on a SMAC first-person shooter. Here's a leaked alpha screenshot:

attachment.php?attachmentid=3310&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1264631080

A SMAC shooter?

Oh Jesus; Ali will have to change pants now...

The story goes like this: you awake prematurely from your rejuvenation treatments. This caused loss of your memories. You discover that the rejuvenation facility you were in, in fact the whole base, has been overrun by native life in your absence. In the first phase of the game, you only encounter zombies whose brain has been infested with mind worm larvae. This allows Planetmind to control some basic motor functions of the deceased person. Later on you encounter the mind worms themselves, both land versions and locusts who buzz around your ears. You will also encounter a Cybernetic Consciousness AI who will help you. But you suspect it has some sinister plot of its own and will betray you later on. It'll be awesome!

Oh, the early rumours that the game would take place in Assassin's Redoubt are false. Apparently the base in question will be Militia Station or Hommel's Citadel. In any case, it seems you will be a well-trained Spartan soldier.

...Ali is going to need some alone time, now.

I wish you weren't pulling my leg...

Does anybody want to start one of these?

And for a moment I thought you dug up the thread I started in multiplayer sub-forum, that as of know, when I'm writing this post, it is on the very bottom of the thread list. Thank you for bringing it up!

So there is a few of my thoughts on the matter:

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75

Let's see:

ACDG1 - singleplayer, huge/large map?

ACDG2 - multiplayer (5 human factions), map smaller than ACDG1?

ACDG3 - multiplayer (4 human factions), map smaller than ACDG2

ACDG4 - singleplayer, afaik, almost no interest

ACDG5 - as above, we had map 30x60 (below small)

ACDG6 - singleplayer, little interest, map, I do not racall. And it was SMAniaC.

What now? I would say 3 human factions, or maybe 2. Unless most people want another singleplayer.

Let's lead off as simple as possible for the sake of everyone new to demogames. We can start something more ambitious when it works out.

The ACDGs after #3 all had a serious lack of activity. But who knows, with Buster's Uncle around that problem might be solved. :D

ACDG3 Spartan Secretary of State in charge of infrastructure under the command of General Maniac and general Googlie:

REPORTING FOR DUTY, SIR! :cool:

And with what I learned since, I expect to be promoted. :D

ACDG3 Spartan Secretary of State in charge of infrastructure under the command of General Maniac and general Googlie:

REPORTING FOR DUTY, SIR! :cool:

And with what I learned since, I expect to be promoted. :D

Didn't ACDG3 Spartans transcend?

I seem to remember that we won by opponents giving up, bowing before Sparta.

sparta-137ce26.jpg

I'd play. I think you should have a maximum of two human factions, however.

Just my inexperienced opinion, of course.

I'd play. I think you should have a maximum of two human factions, however.

I tend to agree.

Like a year ago, there was SMAC Demo game ending on a German civ site, 2 human factions. I do not speak German, but I guess they might have written something about it after the game.

Duel is different than 3-4 players.

Duel is different than 3-4 players.

Yeah, it would lead to lots of raids and harrassment. :naughty:

You will also encounter a Cybernetic Consciousness AI who will help you. But you suspect it has some sinister plot of its own and will betray you later on. It'll be awesome!

"The Fungal Gin is a lie"?

Don't be. I'm not much of a gamer outside the kind of thing I like. Never played Doom much, and no Half-Life or anything like that. I was doing pretty well to come up with the cake riff.

SO-

Who needs to do what first? I have a vague notion of how demogames work, but not of the actual mechanics. I will help however I can, but someone is going to have to take the hit of having to be in charge, or this goes nowhere but a little loose talk.

Who?

What's our first step, boss? School me.