Rhoth

[PBEM] The Rhoth Strikes Back

1,389 posts in this topic

Egyptian scholars struggle with who this Palpable character is. In the end they decide to send him the save anyway.

39055-m-0.jpg

Issue 3 Volume 1

25 credits

The City of Coruscant Settled, and…Dissent

By Rhothaerill (RhothSPIN Press)

Hundreds of residents turned out in front of the Tatooine Times office this morning to watch Emperor Palpatine symbolically cut the last bit of red tape standing in the way of the incorporation of the city of Coruscant. Most of the assembled throng cheered as the emperor sheared through the tape, praising his efforts to incorporate the small town and his future plans for growth.

39109-s-0.jpg

“Coruscant will be an entire world of people in one city for now.” intoned Emperor Palpatine in a speech later that day. “One day we will spread our message of peace and hope across the world, but that day is not here yet. Our fair new city, young though it may be, will one day become a grand center for learning as all will want to come to study at the feet of our masters of knowledge. This I swear to you. I have a vision. With my vision, and your hard work, Coruscant will become a truly majestic city.”

“This is so great, not only for our kids, but for all who hope to receive a good education,” said Wilma Perkins, a resident of Coruscant interviewed after the emperor’s speech.

Not all residents were so exultant though. Stated one disgruntled resident who declined to be named, “This is the worst thing that could ever happen to this town. Now we’ll have all these no-good loafers moving in and taking over our way of life. Someone should stand up and do something about it.”

39110-s-0.jpg

Next time: TBD

And the young men searched far and wide for bounty, sustenance and weaker neighbours to beat up on! neighbours to share knowledge and ideas with.

Alas, they didn't succeed in any of their endeavours...... :(

Nugog?

The people worked and explored, and have gained sight of tribesmen even less civilised than ouorselves.

We will grace them with our presence next turn, hoping they are friendly.........

Onto Harovan

This Coruscant sure looks scary. We hope they keep the peace they promise.

Sent to Beta.

And the young men searched far and wide for bounty, sustenance and weaker neighbours to beat up on! ......

Alas, they didn't succeed in any of their endeavours...... :(

Nugog?

So you did not find this Palpatine guy?

He has the save. Personally, I am a bit worried about that civilization. If they already have scissors, they may have an insurmountable tech lead - to say nothing of well armed spies.

:scared:

PS - nothing new in Egypt. All quiet on the western front. Or was that eastern?

Beta, just a heads up that I have nothing in my inbox from you since yesterday, and I know I'm receiving email.

3880bc to Rob

Zimmyan Rhothaerill is taking this turn off.

And they were rewarded for their patience....... :cute:

Nugog.......

they already have scissors,

RUN!!!!!

:hide:

Oh yeah - we swindled some shiny metal out of the locals.............

Your Turn Harovan

Hands off Rob. It's mine! All mine!

Save to Palpy.

3840bc to Rob

Wow, look at all that gold...

But they were so welcoming and uber chilled!

Maaaan, they were smoking some weird ****........

Maybe next time. :)

Nugog.......

39055-m-0.jpg

Issue 4 Volume 1

25 credits

On the Trail of Hounds

By Rhothaerill (RhothSPIN Press)

Chaos reigns in Coruscant! Ancient hound tracks have been discovered leading away from our great city. The Emperor’s private 1st Stormtrooper Legion is en route to the scene as you read this.

“Iss definitely hayound tracks,” reported Sam the Speeder Bike Guy (with a Tatooine Times attempt to mimic his accent). “Aftuh Ah foun’ ‘em Ah chopped off mah hayound’s paw and took it ou’ to meashuh it agains’ the one Ah foun’. Iss a match. An’ ya’ll know what tha’ means.”

We do indeed. It means that many years ago, before the Great Lightbulb turned on, some of our attack hounds must have escaped. They’re a bit on the dull side of the intellect coin, but if they have established a community of their own then no end of trouble will come of this. We must hunt them down and eradicate them.

39869-m-0.jpg

Tatooine Times apologizes for the wrong Hound Dog representation. The correct hound representation is as follows…

39868-m-0.jpg

Next time: TBD

I met a strange chap today wearing a costume the colour of the sun and walking in an unusual way. Seemed friendly enough, but didn't have much to say for himself.

Nugog.....

I too met a burley man wearing some shade of purple.

He too had not much to say for himself.

Onto Harovan

No, I don't want to wake up. I need my sleep. :D

3760bc to Rob