Rhoth

[PBEM] The Rhoth Strikes Back

1,389 posts in this topic

I choose Pericles of Greece.

What is Monarch for btw if we don't have any AI in the game?

No, no I don't. Beta has this weird power over me somehow.

:wizard:

Beta gets to start and name the other thread though.

K.

Beta do you have any preference beyond the ones laid out? And also I need a civ choice from Beta

No, I am Ok with whatever.

And for civ and leader - Rameses II of Egypt, please.

Oh and Beta, we already did Rhoth of Khan. That's the one Geo was talking about (where I ended up on a crappy island with minimal strategic resources while the rest of you were on the main continent; no I'm not bitter)

There goes the surprise map for the other game. :(

Edited by Beta

Agree with Harovan btw - if no AI's, just leave us all at noble.

Well, that's where galleys are for. ;)

Yeah I know. I stole a city with two happy resources on the mainland right where snoop was about to settle next. But that created a bit of tensions and we both started to build up for war...which then never really came as both of us entrenched and realized we couldn't easily take each other out without massive losses on both sides. But it did allow the no-war-in-sight people to continue settling the good land that wasn't available to either of us.

Agree with Harovan btw - if no AI's, just leave us all at noble.

Well, the monarch was to make it a little more difficult with a lower happy cap. Or am I not remembering correctly and the happy cap is the same (it's been a while)? Either way I'm fine with noble and will change it.

Now that everyone knows what they want I will work on getting this put together and sent off to Rob tonight. Unless someone has any last changes/preferences I will go with what is in the first post.

Rob, that means I'll need your email address. Do we want to post everyone's email addresses (with the spambot protection) or just keep it so that you know the person that you send to?

I'm not exactly what one would call a Civ4 expert (other than Civ3 which I knew pretty well), but to my understanding most things difficulty levels influence concern AI behavior, be it tech trade probability, number of AI workers at start or things like this - for an AI-less game irrelevant. Another thing is number of barbarians and animals, which I'd prefer not to have too many influence on the game either. I prefer losing because I'm a lousy player and not because a huge stack of barbarians popped right next to my land due to an uprising.

Sure there are handicaps for human players too, but honestly, if everyone has the same handicap, it ceases to be a handicap and is just an annoyance. ;)

I don't consider myself a Civ4 expert either, though I'm fairly sure difficulty level affects the happy cap.

I haven't played Civ4 nearly as much as I played Civ3 or even Civ2. Plus I didn't hang out on the strat forums or spend time working out models (like I did with the Vox relocation) so most of my technique could be a lot better.

Yeah I suppose that we don't really need an extra handicap. We already have Beta. :cute:

Difficulty level definetly affects the happy cap. It also affects Barbs, goody huts and random events if we leave them turned on (I prefer to).

Oh and Rhothaerill - I'm in PNG not Australia.

Ah, sorry. I thought I'd seen an Australian flag on your avatar at Poly once a while back.

Consider it payback for missing my "H". ;)

Okay the game is up and running, with all settings as shown in the first post. I will add the admin password too just in case someone needs it for some reason. I swear I didn't have anything to do with my starting position. ;) I just need Rob's email to send it on.

I have some fun roleplaying to post too so I'll get that up in a few minutes.

Hmm, well that picture ended up smaller than it was supposed to. I'll fix it later. Must go play with my son.

Edited by Rhoth

39055-m-0.jpg

Issue 1 Volume 1

25 credits

Tatooine Times Founded

By Rhothaerill (RhothSPIN Press)

Today, galaxy-wide mega-publisher RhothSPIN Press is pleased to announce the formation of another new venture in supreme journalistic talent: the Tatooine Times.

Located in a slightly arid suburb of the newly incorporated city of Coruscant, the Tatooine Times will follow the life of the fast growing, dynamic Empire and, maybe, its neighbors. Dedicated to exploring the newsworthy side of the region known only as The Empire, the Tatooine Times promises to report the news in an objective manner reminiscent of its parent company RhothSPIN Press.

Guiding the helm of the Tatooine Times is editor-in-chief Zimmyan Rhothaerill. Zimmyan Rhothaerill is shown below, hard at work on the next issue of the Tatooine Times.

39041-m-0.jpg

Next time: An Accounting on the Loss of our Beloved Darkness

Edited by Rhoth

Send to my username tata mail of the hot variety dotty com please.... :)

Haha, take that bots of the spam variety!!! :rant:

Their search for the fabled land continued, would they ever find the cradle of their civilisation? How would they recognise it when they got there? A sign from the Gods? A subtle hint from a glowing aqua circle? Numerous iconographs of strange commodities hemming them in from all directions?

Tune in next post to find out......

All yours Dr. N!

Good luck gents! :)

I believe Nugog needs my email, it's my nickname at web dot de.

:lol:

Ignore the PM I just sent you.

The save will be with you soon.

"The People saw the land. and it was good. So they decided to stay for a while."

Sick of wandering around as nomads, the fearless tribe of the Natawi, ruled by their chieftain Harovan, decided to settle down. And while they have seen better land in their past, they are content with the patch of land the gods dealt them today.

To Beta. Probably the king of the dwarves this time... (yea, I know, I know...)

Haha, take that bots of the spam variety!!! :rant:

*beep*

Rameses looked around him and he liked what he saw. And in settling his people he remembered the Legend of Rhothaerill, the evil dictator who god had stricken to a barren island to settle his people. He wondered if the legend was true .....

(save to said Rhothaerill)

39055-m-0.jpg

Issue 2 Volume 1

25 credits

An Accounting on the Loss of our Beloved Darkness

By Rhothaerill (RhothSPIN Press)

For countless centuries we lived in Beloved Darkness. Other than occasionally tripping over one of our unseen alpha-hounds (hounds always get in the way), life was good. One of the Rhothaerill ancestors even discovered how to make marks on rocks to record something he called His Story for posterity. Of course he couldn’t see what he was marking in the darkness so they made no sense later on, but that’s entirely beside the point.

And then the “Great Overhead Light Bulb” flared into existence. Observers who quickly averted their eyes say it just turned on, like someone flipped a switch. This one event would later be termed the single most important turning point in our great civilization.

What is a “light bulb” you ask? Some now say it is the manifest brilliance of our new leader, showing us the path of change and new ideas. Others call it “the Sun”, but others question that name, asking “Son of the what?” No one truly knows the origin of the Great Overhead Light Bulb, but maybe in the future we’ll discover the meaning of this light bulb and how and why it changed our lives.

For generations we lived under the sway of the Family of the One and their self-proclaimed Republic of the Beloved Darkness. Not an hour had passed after the darkness had been swept away into blazing light when a new leader strode to the front. Within minutes he had single-handedly overthrown the scion of the Family of the One. He moved quickly to reorganize the government into what he called simply The Empire, styling himself Emperor.

39108-s-0.jpg

Our leader is a vigorous, capable man, yet there is something I can’t place. Something…slightly off. He calls himself Palpatine and carries a book he calls his bible. This reporter was able to steal a quick glimpse of the book and a strange feeling passed through me as I saw the title: The Collected Works of the Voxian Minister of Information.

Questions arose. Who was this Palpatine, and would be a powerful leader. And who was this Voxian Minister of Information?

Next time: The City of Coruscant Settled, and…Dissent

Edited by Rhoth

And lo, they came across a land of bountiful fare, from the strong earth and wild waters did nature give forth it's gift of life. The people did climb to the highest spot, to better share their gifts with their marshall in the sky, then threw down their meager belongings and put down their roots.

The strongest men did gather for much talk with intent to choose a father of the people. Sending their young men abroad to forage and learn the ways of the land, with instruction to go forth and multiply, and verily they did with the first primitive peoples they encountered.......

N.......

The people worked and explored.

Onto Harovan

Edited by Nugog

The Natawian explorers met a friendly tribe, who shared their knowledge with them. :p

Sent to Beta.