Rhoth

[PBEM] The Rhoth Strikes Back

1,389 posts in this topic

38985-m-0.jpg

Welcome all to the return of....ME! :D Beta talked me into starting up a new PBEM (well, really he just said come on over to WePlayCiv if you ever want to play).

THIS GAME IS CLOSED!

Turn order:

Rhothaerill, US West Coast - Khmer

RobWorham, New Zealand - Random Civ

Nugog, Australia - Random Civ

Harovan, Germany - Pericles of Greece

Beta, The Frozen Wasteland - Ramesses II of Egypt

Game stats: 5 nations, small map, normal speed, pangaea, temperate, middle water setting, noble setting, normal barbs, no tech-brokering

Admin password is Darth

Edited by Rhoth

Nice posing pouch! :eek:

I'd certainly be interested in a game, especially amongst such esteemed company.

As ever I'd be keen for as much randomisation as possible, but I'm not fussed about settings in the least, as long as we have fun and everyone behaves in a civilized manner.

As I'm in NZ I guess you'll be passing to me and I'll be passing to Professor Nugog.

Random civ for me please.

A please, cover up the pouch.....

Welcome to the game Rob.

"Civilized" means a wee bit of banter and good-natured trash talking in my book. Though usually it's directed at Beta. :D I hope you're okay with that.

I plan to start up RhothSPIN Press from the old Poly PTWDG1 (way back in the Civ3 days) so I hope everyone has some fun with that. I remember throwing Beta in the dungeon to rot until he was rescued by his 'brother' and staged a coup against me. Good times.

As long as no toys are thrown out the pram I'm fine...... ;)

I'm in.

Beta/Rhothaerill then onto Rob then onto me will work best.

I can pretty much go with any settings - random civ is fine for me too.

Just please not an archipelago map.

I have PM'ed a couple of folks sending them this way as well. ;)

Edited by Nugog

Everyone forgets the 'H' ;)

Harovan is in Germany I believe so he'd be in line for the middle position at this point.

No archipelago map. Those just don't work too well for these types of games I've learned. Everyone just hunkers down and squats on their land and there is never any conflict.

Oh, one more thing Beta mentioned when I talked with him about the game...anyone interested in filling out a larger map with AI civs? I'm ambivalent. If there is interest I'm fine with it, but if not I'm fine with that too.

If we have 5 or more players, I say no AI and a smaller map.

Well, yeah. In too. Sure no AI and smaller map. At most normal speed too. Four or at most five players. If five players, small map, if four small map with high sea level. That's what I'd vote for.

Looks like no for the AIs which is fine with me. We have five players now so if any of nugog's friends want to join we'll have to discuss map size. I'd personally prefer to cap at six, maybe seven, but five is good too if none of nugog's friends want to join.

I remember a PBEM game back in Civ3 times where there were five players in various time zones and we got a turn done almost every day. The timing worked out so perfectly and everyone was having fun with it so made it a point to play and get it sent on as quickly as possible.

With six we could take a normal map, perhaps with high sea level. For five the map should be small. Truth to be told, I think four or five players are the optimal PBEM size. That doesn't mean I'd oppose if a sixth joins, just telling we shouldn't actively seek one.

Edit: Oh, and the no tech brokering rule is fine with me.

I am interested if still room.

Not caring with the settings.

I was going to say to cap it at 5. I find six or is just asking too much to keep the game flowing smoothly. But if folks want to go with six, hey, I'm easy.

Random is fine. Makes a nice challenge and is unpredictable.

I was thinking of the Rhoth of Khan as the game name. Or Grapes of Rhoth. Or maybe those ARE the Grapes of Rhoth in that Pouch up there. :cute:

Rhoth returns! :)

Hows that kid of yours doing?

I heard that his father's continual wearing of a Darth Vader outfit is affecting the young lad. Good thing his Mom is normal.

Let's find out if I was really that good in the last game we were in, Rhoth... ;)

(if there is still place, that is).

Edit: oh, looks like there's already an overflow.

Let's find out if I was really that good in the last game we were in, Rhoth... ;)

(if there is still place, that is).

Edit: oh, looks like there's already an overflow.

Maybe we need a second game. :nod:

How about Rhoth-Rob-Nugog-Harovan-Beta in the first ....

and ...

Rhoth-Fed-Geo-Beta in the second???

You're assuming Rhoth wants 2 games at the same time after a quiet time? :cute:

You're assuming Rhoth wants 2 games at the same time after a quiet time? :cute:

Like he has any choice in the matter....

No, no I don't. Beta has this weird power over me somehow. I can do two games. ;) Beta gets to start and name the other thread though.

I'll edit my first post that this game is closed. Beta do you have any preference beyond the ones laid out? And also I need a civ choice from Beta and Harovan. I want to be the Khmer. Never played them before.

Oh and Beta, we already did Rhoth of Khan. That's the one Geo was talking about (where I ended up on a crappy island with minimal strategic resources while the rest of you were on the main continent; no I'm not bitter)

Rhoth returns! :)

Hows that kid of yours doing?

Hey con, yep I'm back. My son is doing great. He'll turn 5 this year, and he's still tall for his age. He wears size 6 and 7 clothing. He's smart as a whip, and if his interests right now continue he's going to become an engineer later in life. :D

Oh and Beta, we already did Rhoth of Khan. That's the one Geo was talking about (where I ended up on a crappy island with minimal strategic resources while the rest of you were on the main continent; no I'm not bitter)

I better not take the Portugese this time. ;)

I better not take the Portugese this time. ;)

Heh, take who you want (in the other game). It was my own fault in part. I decided to take a protective/creative civ with the intent of being a strong defensive player until build-up of nice armies could happen. Then snoop changed the game to the big and small map and I got stuck on the island where both of my traits were essentially useless. And there was not a single happy resource on the entire island.

Then snoop changed the game to the big and small map and I got stuck on the island where both of my traits were essentially useless. And there was not a single happy resource on the entire island.

Well, that's where galleys are for. ;)