Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

Buster's Uncle

WPC links in Wikipedia SMAC(X) articles

63 posts in this topic

Official site

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri at MobyGames

Planetfall: fan-based attempt to use SMAC elements on the Civilization IV engine.

Apolyton's Alpha Centauri site - Has much information on strategy.

Civ Fanatics Alpha Centauri Forums - Home of the Comprehensive Datalinks Update (unofficial)

GURPS Alpha Centauri - The official site of the RPG supplement.

Alpha Centauri on Gamespot

Pressed Crtl+F5

Chrome: 4.0.249.43

I think this is the Devs version. I wanted extensions.

Well. It is there. Your browser is just hallucinating.

Mine was at first, too. The whole point is for everyone to be able to see it, and this concerns me.

I also see the correct links in Safari, so this might be a Chrome-specific problem. Anyone else use Chrome?

Petek

Well. It is there. Your browser is just hallucinating.

I already knew that, it's in the edit page.

I also see the correct links in Safari, so this might be a Chrome-specific problem. Anyone else use Chrome?

Petek

yes. me. i'm on the last version and i can confirm Chrome has a Wikipedia issue. :(

Are you on the Dev version too?

Does anyone have the stable version? 3 something.

I just looked it up in the latest stable version 3.0.195.something or other

Worked fine.

Must be the Dev version then. That's what I thought.

:mad: So, I'd forgotten to mention this, but I Sunday morning I added this to the external links ending the Crossfire article:

WePlaySMAC site - The most active SMAC community on the Web.

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

It was up for two minutes. TWO MINUTES before some butthole decided it was an ad that didn't meet the standards. I wasn't about to point out that it was apparently considered kosher for the Alpha Centauri article for about a month now, 'cause you know what the wanker would have done then. I wasn't about to get into an edit war with some sad piece of smurf who hangs around Wikipedia, so there it lays. :rant:

Any ideas what to do?

Any ideas what to do?
Staying cool!

Not losing one's temper!

Breathing deeply!

Then try again but, instead of using some superlative like THE MOST ACTIVE, write just "a site with an active multiplayer community" !

Maybe, it was just that. (or maybe not, but try anyway!)

It was a copy/paste of Dan's addition to the SMAC article a month ago. The guy was being a nerd SOB.

Somebody else put up with that crap. I tried. I'm done.

See: you're losing your temper! :D

(and I know what I'm talking about)

if you ask for ideas, why say you're done when you get one?

Illogical, Pal!

Don't let the rage take you!

wolvrage.jpg

You think I'm more upset than I am. No way to convey that sort of nuaance in print without being very boring about it.

I submit, however, that if I expose myself to that kind of high-handed disrespect again, I will be in a rage. I tried. I have done my share.

Someone else should step up, unless me and my efforts for this forum are being taken for granted, which I assure you would be a mistake. That whorey used feeling looses its charm for me in the long run.

Ok, ok, stay cool!

After judging the situation, I did it my way.

Now, go see it before they erase it or pray it stays!

You might like to know that your efforts have not been in vain. For the month of January we got about 350 referrals from Wikipedia, which puts them straight into our top 5 referral sites (and the links weren't even up for the full month). For February we're on track for similar numbers. Mind you, it's still light years behind CFC and Google, but it's impressive all the same.

Thank you very much for letting me know. I have something going on in RL that has me feeling sensitive about being taken for granted.

It's very good to know that something like that wasn't for nothing. I hate going to a lot of trouble for nothing, and sometimes it feels like thats all I do...

Vish, I just hit refresh again, and your edit has so far lasted an hour and 58 minutes long than mine did, and has already produced a lurker.

You've done a man's job, sir. :b:

It's still there. Good!

In fact, I just did what you said on the other thread: I did the Swiss thing to do in this situation.

And you're lucky because it doesn't happen very often.

i don't think they can ban us, so it's just a matter of being persistent

Yep, looks to still be there this morning. Good thinking about copying over all the links, Vish.

Check the article now; you'll find the guilty party all over the talk page and the history. I have no way of knowing if this is the result of typical can't-leave-anything-alone ineptitude or typical malice on the part of the culprit, who was swearing revenge on us a month ago.

This is why we can't have nice things.