bdanv

Saving GotM: is someone willing to help?

142 posts in this topic

Well, your English isn't a problem; I'm better at editing than generating original copy. If you understand the mechanics of telling a story, we might could use you. Let me get back to you later.

where are you, Rymdolov? we could use your help. :)

I'm here! Bdanv, you've got a PM waiting for you. I can help if time allows.

Rymdolov, you should be able to see the GotM subforum now.

if you do, please post in the welcome thread. thx.

Okay, here's the deal: bdanv and I keep kicking around the next GotM installment - and nothing keeps happening.

Frankly, we're both burned out.

We think maybe we need some new blood on the project. Would anyone out there be interested? I'd really like to see what sort of scenario chuft, for instance, could turn out. Of course, we'd be glad to pitch in however, but we're at a point where we need someone to get it rolling...

Any takers?

Okay' date=' here's the deal: bdanv and I keep kicking around the next GotM installment - and nothing keeps happening.[/quote']

And what about publishing the results of GotM April?

This cover-up has to end! :excited:

Sorry, I haven't been reading this thread.

School is starting up again for me which is why I worked/played like gangbusters to finish up my long-lingering AAR. Didn't do my carpal tunnel syndrome any good but at least The Sleeper Must Awaken is finally finished.

At this point, with the school workload starting to bear down on me, I don't want to commit to anything game-related. I am not sure how much time I will have and I have no experience with the scenario creation tools.

Darsnan's thread about low grav worlds gave me an idea for a scenario: Fallout.

Basically you start each faction with a large number of cities, a large number of Planet Busters, everybody at war and everybody an Atrocity Victim, and let the nukes fly on the first turn. Starting tech should be normal. Each faction should have less nukes than bases. When the dust settles you should have a few bases left for each faction, low tech, and a shattered world - everybody will have lost a bunch of Clean Minerals so any economic growth will be accompanied by fungal pops and hostile worms. Kind of simulates a post-apocalyptic environment crawling with radioactive monsters.

For maximum carnage a small map would probably be best, as the survivors scramble over the ruins to throttle each other amidst swarming mind worms and radioactive pits.

...I think it's safe for me to say that we could use another energetic scenario-creator active on the team. The creative end isn't totally uncovered, but I won't fool with the scenario editor and we need someone who will generate the actual scenarios. Anyone game?

I could try making something if there were more people interested, I am nowhere near as good as Darsnan though. I also doubt there is much of a player-base anymore. I enjoyed it, but being honest having only 3 or 4 players competing isn't by any standard a success. That's just my opinion though.

Weellll, the primary point of the project, from my point of view, is to generate content, hopefully attracting more people. Looking at it from the other direction is just a catch-22 which will never see the community grow/revive. The same might have been said about inducing activity in this somnolescent folder at the beginning of November, but a few people trying has made a big difference.

I think if we do it and stay at it, our audience will find us, given time...

Might discuss it more later. I still have a bit of a hangovr now though and I am going to watch some football.