Lancer

Interesting YouTube Vids

723 posts in this topic

Halvmørk, and I didn't mean an umlaut, but the accent above a(called aksent in Norwegian, so I guess that was the word I should have written).:) Just never heard of the expression "halvmørktid"/half dark time before.:p

Another great video, a fantastic video clip on a reverse Life of Brian situation.:D

[video=youtube_share;asUyK6JWt9U]

What if Spotify had existed in the 80s...

[video=youtube_share;ZSxEm8LGWuA]

One of my favorite YouTube game commentators is quill18. He's educational, well spoken and all-in-all is a pretty bright guy. I've learned lots from him.

But here, for a change of pace, he shows up totally drunk and plays two games: Train Simulator 2013 and Flight Simulator X. Quill says things that you never want to hear your pilot say, "Where are we going? Why are we over an ocean?" and "Where the f*ck is the runway!?" :rofl:

[video=youtube;N6WhqjbotkE]

Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard's address to the nation on the coming Mayan End-of-the-World.

From the NASA story at bottom of page. The story itself is unrealted to the UFO video, I thought it might explain the lightning on fairly decent day.

"The induced plasma effects can potentially cause rapid space vehicle external materials degradation, an enhanced EMI around the space vehicle. The most damaging of the effects are caused by electric potential differences between the space vehicle structure and the ambient plasma."

Truly Amazing lightning with... a UFO in the middle.

http://www.examiner.com/article/pyramid-shaped-ufo-appears-during-intense-lightning-and-thunderstorm-taiwan

Pyramid shaped UFO appears during intense lightning and thunderstorm in Taiwan

ufo

September 3, 2011

By: Tracey Parece

Subscribe

An amazing video has surfaced showing a pyramid shaped UFO in the center of a remarkably intense thunderstorm in Taiwan. This video was made available via YouTube user matrixmartyr on Friday, September 2, 2011. It shows a Taiwanese news report and accompanying footage of intense flashes of lighting in an otherwise perfectly ordinary sky.

The pyramid shaped UFO appeared in the center of the lightning activity. It appeared very dark in color, particularly contrasted with the bright white light of the lightning flashes.

There were dark clouds in the sky that were illuminated by the flashes of lighting, but the pyramid shaped UFO did not look like any of the clouds. In addition, it was the only feature that did not initially appear in the video but suddenly became visible right in the center of the storm.

http://see.msfc.nasa.gov/ee/pftech.htm

TECHNICAL WORKING GROUP - Spacecraft Charging Plasma

OVERVIEW

The Electromagnetic Effects & Spacecraft Charging Working Group develops spacecraft simulation codes and engineering design guidelines to enable spacecraft designers to mitigate plasma effects.

What is Plasma?

particles

Plasma, composed of equal numbers of positively and negatively charged particles, is a partially ionized gas entrained in the Earth's upper atmosphere. Properties of the plasma are described by specifying particle density and particle energy. Spacecraft can develop an electrical potential while the positively charged ions and negative electrons can cause significant physical effects.

eject part Plasma Source

The Sun ejects charged particles and energetic photons into space. These charged particles and photons create an electrically active plasma around the Earth. The collective behavior of plasma generates an electric field that, in turn, affects the charged particle motion. Source of plasma produced within the space vehicle is the ionized gas from the thrustering, plume, venting and man-made hardware design such as plasma contactor.

Plasma Effects on Spacecraft Electrical Systems

As a spacecraft travels through this ionized portion of the atmosphere, it may be subjected to an unequal flux of ions and electrons and may develop an induced charge. Plasma flux to the spacecraft surface can charge the surface and disrupt the operation of electrically biased instruments. This is why the choice of spacecraft ground is an important consideration in determining where the spacecraft will float electrically relative to the surrounding plasma. The graphic above depicts an electrical interaction between a spacecraft and the surrounding plasma.

Plasma Effects on Spacecraft

The plasma environment around the space vehicle will be altered by the presence, operation, and motion of the vehicle. Potential adverse impacts of interactions between the space vehicle and the ionospheric plasma make it important to mitigate the plasma effects. Some of these effects are:

plasma wave generation

arcing and sputtering at significantly high negative potential relative to the plasma

spacecraft charging at high inclination orbits

corona/ESD phenomena

current balance between the space vehicle and the ambient plasma

geomagnetic field effects

Plasma Effects on Spacecraft Electrical Systems

electrical

As a spacecraft travels through this ionized portion of the atmosphere, it may be subjected to an unequal flux of ions and electrons and may develop an induced charge. Plasma flux to the spacecraft surface can charge the surface and disrupt the operation of electrically biased instruments. This is why the choice of spacecraft ground is an important consideration in determining where the spacecraft will float electrically relative to the surrounding plasma. The graphic above depicts an electrical interaction between a spacecraft and the surrounding plasma.

Plasma Effects on Spacecraft

The plasma environment around the space vehicle will be altered by the presence, operation, and motion of the vehicle. Potential adverse impacts of interactions between the space vehicle and the ionospheric plasma make it important to mitigate the plasma effects. Some of these effects are:

plasma wave generation

arcing and sputtering at significantly high negative potential relative to the plasma

spacecraft charging at high inclination orbits

corona/ESD phenomena

current balance between the space vehicle and the ambient plasma

geomagnetic field effects

degradation The induced plasma effects can potentially cause rapid space vehicle external materials degradation, an enhanced EMI around the space vehicle. The most damaging of the effects are caused by electric potential differences between the space vehicle structure and the ambient plasma.

Edited by Lancer

Matt's back :love:

[video=youtube;Pwe-pA6TaZk]

Too many places still to see. :(

Great Ooogly Moogly! :eek: There is a second Where the Hell is Matt video! He calls it outtakes, but it's mostly of stuff he couldn't fit into the first video.

Everybody dance! :chili::bounce::carrot:

[video=youtube;l4quCAG4eCc]

Joe Cocker at Woodstock, what the heck was he really singing? Weirdest guy there...

Daily Grace, voted:

Best Website Host :1st:

and

Best Hosted Website :1st:

[video=youtube;sceDND5R5fM]

For tech nerds.:p

[video=vimeo;61412267]

One of my favorite comics is Gabriel Iglesias

[video=youtube;a77Dw3tNv8o]

[video=youtube;mtk5Ej-xLsM]

You can never have too much "Fluffy" ... unless he's sitting in your lap.

[video=youtube;ccnwzScp6bM]

:b: Both Lancer & I try to keep our cussin' to a minimum:

[video=youtube;Iltm9-aXC2Y]

[video=youtube;ACkmg3Y64_s]

Edited by Zkribbler

If I ever go to Europe, I'm sure that'll be one of my destinations.

I'm sure if JFK would have seen this, he would have declared, "Ich bin ein Hamburger!"