Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

DanQ

"For Completeness Sake": Win a Copy of 'CivIV: Complete' Signed by Sid Meier!

40 posts in this topic

for_completeness_sake-contest.jpg

PolyCast, the entertaining and informing Civilization series podcasts, are giving away 25 copies of Civilization IV: Complete in conjunction with developer Firaxis Games. The title combines CivIV and its two expansion packs Warlods and Beyond the Sword which retails for $39.99US. But 5 of these copies include a something special extra: the signature of Sid Meier, the Director of Creative Development at Firaxis.

Between December 1st-25th, 2009 (ET-North America), complete the following sentence in response to this thread here on WePlayCiv:

"Civilization IV makes my life complete by..."

The 25 most creative and constructive responses, across this as well as corresponding threads on Apolyton Civilization Site and Civilization Fanatics Center (reference #1/#2), will be selected to win its poster one of these copies -- the top 5 to receive one with Sid's signature on it. One entry per person; note that any responses that indicate they have been edited will not be considered. Further, if selected, one must respond with mailing address and phone number for delivery within the specified time period. The judging of these entries is being done by Daniel "DanQ" Quick, PolyCast's owner, primary editor and one of its flagship show's regular co-hosts.

The total retail value of these prizes exceeds $1000US (related reference: signed litograph by Meier, valued at $99.99US).

Civilization IV makes my life complete by ensuring that I do not need to speak to my wife once the children have gone to bed.

Civilization IV makes my life complete

By buying a package très petite

And simply typing on my keyboard

Allowing me to be a Warlord

Or rather play Beyond the Sword

Civ4 makes my life complete by keeping me out of POTM's hair while she does her Geosytems homework

Civilization IV makes my life complete by...

allowing me to become a sleepless red eyed zombie, hungry, thirsty and begging for just one more turn.

Civilization IV makes my life complete by introducing me to a wide range of interesting and intelligent civers, many who are now good friends.

:)

Civilization IV makes my life complete as it completes the history - by civilizations.

Reposted from the News section of weplayciv.com/forums:

"Civilization IV makes my life complete by...

bringing my brother and I closer than we've been in years playing hotseat multiplayer."

Civilization IV makes my life complete by giving me a hobby that lesser nerds could never hope to understand, by giving me the opportunity to do what I could never do in my own life, by giving me the world- emperors, kings, presidents; nations, empires, colonies; religions, corporations, cultures- all at my fingertips.

Civilization IV makes my life complete by being a canvas for my imagination - let's reshape history, explore distant planets, unveil arcane secrets or even create entire worlds from scratch!

Civilization IV makes my life complete by filling all the previously wasted time in my life with the power to rewrite history as I see fit, as well as giving a viable reason for ignoring anyone who talks to me.

Thank you to all who submitted entries. :cool: I am looking forward to reviewing each of them in detail.

Winners are to be announced in early January.

25-12-2009, 23:57

I like cutting things close (yeah I know it was American time and actually later).

In update, I have sent a private message to all pending contest winners this evening. These individuals need to reply, on/by this time next week, with their mailing address and phone number in order to secure their placing.

The complete winners list will be announced publicly after this process is complete, which may be a bit of time after this date depending upon responses received.

There was a technical issue in the dispatching of some of the winning notifications; those identified as such have until January 17th in order to confirm their winning placement in this contest.

In further update, two of the potential winners contacted did not respond by the deadline. As such, I will need to review my entries list and contact the next two top placement entry posters. This will further delay the public announcement of the winning entries.

In further update, two of the potential winners contacted did not respond by the deadline. As such, I will need to review my entries list and contact the next two top placement entry posters. This will further delay the public announcement of the winning entries.

At the risk of my snarkiness costing me the prize, I'm crossing my fingers that I'm chosen! Woohoo! My brother and I already own a copy, but I could give my copy to my dad or a friend if I won the autographed version.

Two more winning entries need to be confirmed by their posters providing their name, postal address and phone number to me within a set time period. As I want to announce the complete winners list from the outset, it could be a bit yet.

That said, those who confirmed said data with me in the first round -- that is, those not affected by the technical difficulties I alluded to a couple of weeks ago -- had their prizes mailed last week by Firaxis.

Oh, I guess I was one of those people who had technical difficulties?

Oh, I guess I was one of those people who had technical difficulties?

And I still sit patiently by the phone all day. And Dan just lives on the other side of town from me. I could have dropped by and picked up my prize - thus saving him the postage.

I was hesitant to bring up that I have not received mine since he didn't yet announce the winners, but it has been a few weeks now. Perhaps the mail is just being slow.

Last week, Firaxis was waiting for a resupply of Civilization IV: Complete copies in order to finish sending out the unsigned copies to the confirmed winners in this contest. They anticipated that they would receive them if not by now, then by the end of this week.

Part of the most recent delay in the release of the winners list has been the result of a particularly busy time for me personally (see this post for related details). For this very reason I had hoped before that came about that the winners list would have been finalized. I appreciate everyone's continued patience.

Does this mean we are no longer neighbours???? :(