Beta

[PBEM] Harovan's Hell

1,083 posts in this topic

Players and Civs

1. Beta - Louis XIV - French

2. Nugog - Suryavarman - Khmer

3. Zoid - Huayna Capac - Incan

4. Harovan - Giglamesh - Sumerian

Admin Password is "hades", with a small "h".

The Map

What about... a tiny toroidal highlands with clustered mountains, dense peaks, seas (largest lakes)? No safe direction to cover your butts (since toroidal), land is scarce and scattered, lots of natural borders (mountains and lakes) and thus lots of strategical positions to conquer or hold (mountain passes, roads to neighboring valleys).

The map isn't big (tiny size), but because it's all land, it's big enough to expand. Lots of pockets (valleys) with fertile land, good for 2-3 cities. Enough lakes and rivers to irrigate. Those valleys are separated by vast mountain ranges and lakes. Ways from valley to valley are often only 1-2 tiles wide. Watch out, there is no coast line or map border to cover your rear end. The enemy is everywhere.

REPEAT: THE ENEMY IS EVERYWHERE!!

:gunsmilie:

Edited by Beta

Map and game created. Once. :)

4000AD save to Nugog.

My email address sent to Harovan.

4000AD save to Nugog.

Now it really is sent to Nugog. Forgot to send it and was outside working in the yard all afternoon.

btw - edited the second post to add the admin password.

:eek:

It has been a while since I have played on this map.

This should be challenging.

I forgot to add my email details to the game - I'll do that next turn.

Onto Zoid.

Good luck all - we're gonna need it.

Good start! :chili:

To Harovan, and good luck to all! :)

Postbox is still empty. I PM you another address, retry it please. If I get it this time, all is ok (although the address I gave you works too), if not, check your own settings.

Forget the above. I got it now. Apparently that email provider had some database problems. I read that after checking the web interface (which I usually don't).

Back from work and trying to play now.

Unfortunately, the game I received does not load. I see for about a tenth of a second a message "Load failed" and a dialog box that says something like "this file has been protected to ensure you have not changed your mod folder". After this, the game closes to the desktop (one would say crashed).

I have not modded anything, I have a clean BtS install patched to the latest. I rarely play at all and certainly did not modify it. I can play SP just fine. I haven't played any PBEM for years however. Do I need some kind of mod?

Weird... Do you have the latest patch?

Yes, as mentioned.

EDIT: I looked it up, it says 3.1.9.0 (128100) Final Release. "Look for updates" returns none available.

Edited by Harovan

Yes, as mentioned.

EDIT: I looked it up, it says 3.1.9.0 (128100) Final Release. "Look for updates" returns none available.

I'll send it again, don't know what else to do...

Let's try another test. I will start a two player pbem game and send it to you Haro. If that also fails to load then we can definitely narrow the issue down to your set-up.

Can you PM me your email, or can Zoid forward it to me, please. Thx.

My nickname at web dot de.

Btw I didn't receive Zoids resend so far.

It seems like a breakdown in the swedish-german communications... :(

Test game from Beta received and answered. Worked fine. Wasn't able to set up the ingame mail, though.

Still no sign of Zoids game.

Fixed the ingame mail too; I had entered username and password where I didn't need.

Checked the inbox again including the spam folder (although I whitelisted Zoid), still no save.

Received your save, but it does not open either, in the same way as the first one.

Beta's save opened just fine.

Weird, since Nugog and Zoid were able to open and play it OK.

Lets try this. Matt (aka Nugog), can you replay the save I sent to you and send it to Jonas (aka Zoid). And then Zoid replays and sends to Harovan. Let's see if that works.