deathkitten

aliens, always so insanely aggressive?

57 posts in this topic

I've rarely won any other way. I treat it a little like Sim City once the other factions are contained, and build and build and build. Also research everything, build all the SPs and then go for transcendence.

It is true about the replay map.

I've rarely won any other way. I treat it a little like Sim City once the other factions are contained' date=' and build and build and build. Also research everything, build all the SPs and [i']then[/i] go for transcendence.

It is true about the replay map.

Building's fun!

At the last though one of the two remaining factions (the aliens) stole like 5 of my wonders from one city.

I was flinging all my cash into getting transcendence at the time. But I just sent a planet buster at his wonder city.

Also, has no one thought of releasing a better replay feature?

That's probably something to try to talk scient into into if he ever finishes the scient-ificPatch...

Yeah- nobody seems to know what he's been up to since. He's fixed a lot of bugs, already; game-crashing stuff, some of it. One thing he's talked about doing "down the road" is expanding the 7-at-a-time faction limit.

There's been talk about starting a religion around scient.

From his single post?

Also, has anyone changed it so that there can be less than 7 fractions?

Just add a NONE option under the RANDOM option when choosing the civilizations.

Edit: How do you find out the properties of a game, from a save file?

Edited by RMcD94

He posted a lot more than once at Apolyton when he was active this spring. The patch is posted at CGN, a dead forum, in the SMAC section.

8+ factions would be awesome, but could be too much for the game to handle!

I am a complete builder at heart, but the rest of planet's population won't ever... EVER leave me to it! :mad:

So i have to kill them all (once i pop, i can't stop).

Is the patch a must-have?

I cheat like a madman when I'm playing SP on transcend, and he spiked too many of my favorite exploits for me to be interested. If you haven't learned any of the cheats yet and like to play large maps, especially if you use planes a lot- maybe you ought to try it.

The list of the bugs in the game isn't actually a short one.

Others who have tried it ought to come along in the next few days and give you a more informed opinion than I can.

http://www.crygaia.com/cgnforums/index.php? Was this the site you meant?

http://www.civgaming.net/

It was that one, yeah?

http://www.civgaming.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7152

Got it. I saw you browsing, did you beat me?

Edit: The first time I tried the Scenario Editor was two seconds ago to this save, trying to find where it told you about the game's set-up.

I haven't used planes much, I don't really like them. Drop Shock Troops are my favourite. And what cheats?

Edited by RMcD94

Yeah- the second place.

You didn't see me browsing there, I assure you.

Huh, wonder who it was then. I thought it too much of a coincidence for someone to be viewing the SMAC section.

The site's dead for some reason, but it gets a lot of lurkers. Just not many new posts at all.

If you haven't learned any of the cheats yet and like to play large maps' date=' especially if you use planes a lot- [i']maybe[/i] you ought to try it.

I have learned (read) the cheats but never use them. The goal of a game is to have fun, not to win. People already complain that the AI is too weak; cheating would only make it worse.

No argument here. Buster's Daddy wisely refuses to let me teach him the exploits I've discovered. He sez "You can't not cheat once you know them." There's something to that.

RM, you don't want to know the cheats.

People already complain that the AI is too weak; cheating would only make it worse.

I definitely agree there. I just played the AI on Transcendence for the first time. Even though I lost, I thought I would have lost, better. I almost had the energy market cornered, but what I meant to say, was when I was on my last base, it had no units inside it (I had given up), and the computer took like 20 years to bother attacking it and eradicating me.

Ok...

...Just add a NONE option under the RANDOM option when choosing the civilizations...

this is a good idea and it should be done in the next version of the patch. i just hope we'll have a next version.

Ok...

you will have to if you want to play MP.

On-topic: All the AI seem aggressive to me. It might have been because I kept destroying their cities as soon as I entered them, but come on, when you are a single city left, why the hell would you be defiant? Do you want to survive or not?

Off-topic: Missiles do not explode when they self-destruct...

The thing with the missiles always pissed me off. I'd much rather be able to blow up my planet busters wherever I want.

On Transcend the AI always seem to be hostile to me, stupid bastards.