Buster's Uncle

Taking requests...

308 posts in this topic

i don't know about the current avatars.. it can be confusig later. maybe a Yang v Santi thing..

i intend to call the game "Chasing Sparta" but i'm open to suggestions.

Edited by bdanv

How about a banner version of it? there is too much space covered by unexciting SMAC terrain, unless that space will be used for something.

Also to remove cities, you could have used the "see terrain only" feature to generate a second screenshot and then combine the two sections of the screenshot so that the city does not appear there. Just press "T" until the cities and units disappear.

Think this for inspiration: Well trained and professional Spartans vs. the numerous and well equipped masses of collectivist hordes of Chairman Yang. Maybe emphasize this stereotype somehow...

Hold on; I'll see what I can do.

Chasing Sparta?

Dunno how to show that second Idea...

I'd be happy with something along the lines of:

attachment.php?attachmentid=7914&d=1285048190

just with better factions profile pic resolution and a more interesting background than the blue. Maybe some kind of transition from military war machines to elements of industrial factory setting, but the images lacking focus so as not to compete with the text and the leader profile pics.

The text would have to be something that suits the theme in the background and can be read clearly.

Bannerfor100turngame.JPG

Edited by Dolgorukov

Maybe some kind of transition from military war machines to elements of industrial factory setting

attachment.php?attachmentid=7917

attachment.php?attachmentid=7918

Not bad! However I thought colonel Santiago would be on the left, next to my name since I'll be playing for the Spartans and comrade t_ras will be the front man for the collectivist hordes.

Overall a great improvement from where we started

I don't have to keep redoing this' date=' do I?[/quote']
Not bad! However I thought colonel Santiago would be on the left, next to my name since I'll be playing for the Spartans and comrade t_ras will be the front man for the collectivist hordes.

@BUncle: it seems you'll have to redo it. nevertheless, good job! :b:

Before:

attachment.php?attachmentid=8491&d=1286217682

After:

attachment.php?attachmentid=8492&d=1286217686

New bases, painting-ified leaderhead, cleaned-up logo and scan lines all around. The blurring in the .jpg shots above obscures the level of improvement. I think I'd need an original of the logo to work from to do pcx 2&3.

I'll have a look at another one tomorrow.

ARCOLOGY MOVEMENT-A.jpg

ARCOLOGY MOVEMENT-B.jpg

Arcology.zip

Pickly, I'd like your input before I proceed in the Empire faction.

I've turned this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=8537&d=1286306788 to this: attachment.php?attachmentid=8535&d=1286306786

and I'm considering this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=8536&d=1286306787

for bases. (You can nip over to the [Graphics] thread and have a look at my three Bases files for ideas on this or other factions that would save me work.)

We ought to come up with a new logo and diplomacy landscape. Any ideas?

Garcia2.jpg

EmpireBases.jpg

Garcia.jpg

if i may ask.. is there a big project coming up, or what? :expect:

Nah. I just am in the mood right now -you may have noticed I've had a busy week. This is art-slave time I promised Pickly months ago.

You remember the alt. Morgan logo I did for Concept? I'm planning to use that. The bases, OTOH, I don't have the foggiest about. Feedback?